Recent Topics

Ads

My feedback on SOR addon

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Acidic

Re: My feedback on SOR addon

Post#11 » Fri May 15, 2020 11:17 am

Think a time delay would help , especially considering there is a web version of sor

Ads
wraithghost

Post#12 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:57 pm

I think a delay would work too if 15 mins. As someone above posted.

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#13 » Fri May 15, 2020 2:03 pm

I'd just forsee a rise of zonepop addon...
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Thorakk

Post#14 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:20 pm

I agree with you guys! Having the addon turned off or limited (doesn’t show numbers, only activity) would make a lot of interesting fights and the need for organization would have to be bigger.

Acidic

Post#15 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:24 pm

sullemunk wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:03 pm I'd just forsee a rise of zonepop addon...
Well could always do something with the interface sor uses and zone pop :)
Limit in refresh to x mins on Therese interfaces

Skullgrin

Post#16 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:50 pm

Pfft, if you want this removed you might as well petition for Discord to be removed as well. And all chat functions. People aren't going to stop communicating where the main battle is at, SoR just streamlines it.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Vayra

Post#17 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:52 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:50 pm Pfft, if you want this removed you might as well petition for Discord to be removed as well. And all chat functions. People aren't going to stop communicating where the main battle is at, SoR just streamlines it.
Where the fight is is fine, but SoR/ZonePop gives far more detailed information than is reasonable IMO.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Skullgrin

Post#18 » Fri May 15, 2020 11:01 pm

It is my understanding that all Zonepop/SoR does is use functionalities that are already built into the game engine. So all that you would be really doing by getting rid of them would be to limit that information to players who know how to write a macro, type in the proper commands or code their own custom addon. Seems to me this would give those players an unfair advantage...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88

Ads
Vayra

Post#19 » Fri May 15, 2020 11:05 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:01 pm It is my understanding that all Zonepop/SoR does is use functionalities that are already built into the game engine. So all that you would be really doing by getting rid of them would be to limit that information to players who know how to write a macro, type in the proper commands or code their own custom addon. Seems to me this would give those players an unfair advantage...
Well, it would be a matter of disabling those API calls so that no one can access them. You can't force update the addons, so the only way to disable them is to disable the functions they use to get the data.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Skullgrin

Post#20 » Fri May 15, 2020 11:19 pm

Vayra wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:05 pm Well, it would be a matter of disabling those API calls so that no one can access them. You can't force update the addons, so the only way to disable them is to disable the functions they use to get the data.

Can that be done without also disabling them for the GM's as well? If not, I doubt the dev team would look favorably on their tool-set being hamstrung.

As an aside, one of the reasons I'm wouldn't be in favor of SoR being removed/delayed is the fact that I personally use it to see where the smaller fights are. I look for the zones that I think will be the most fun, preferably ones where I will have AAO in order to maximize the renown I earn. Not everyone flocks to the zergfest zone, some of us try to avoid it.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88