Recent Topics

Ads

[City] ​​Rewards

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
nat3s

Re: [City] ​​Rewards

Post#21 » Sat May 30, 2020 8:44 am

Josewales wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:04 pm RoR is no different than most MMOs. Where 24/7s are the elite and casuals are treated as second class citizens. Why are we surprised? I would be more surprised if casuals at least receive half the royal drop rate than those who live in this game. Be it all zones leading up or daily/weekly quests to assure gear balance.

That's not true of other MMOs at all! Until ZG recently, I raided 1 night a week with my WoW classic guild clearing MC and BWL in 3 hours. That 3 hours a week was enough for me to be one of the best geared rogues on the server in 6 months. Averaged around 1 decent epic a week over that timeframe.

The systems exist to drip feed gear to everyone over time, RoR just doesn't have a design that achieves it yet. I personally think a weekly epic quest for 1 piece of sov would be good. The pace is in keeping with other MMOs, it's a significant carrot to dangle for people, it would reduce xrealming, there are 3 sov/warlord sets so it's 6 months worth of content to collect on 1 char, which for people like me who have 10 rr50+ chars that's many years of content.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Ads
Banjomissen

Post#22 » Sat May 30, 2020 9:16 am

I like the thought of a weekly reward system with some sort of contribution point / system behind which determines the scale of the reward.

I don't think gear pieces should be given away like that every week but perhaps a chance of a bag with gear and or crests.

Cities could stay the way they are with a small reduction in rewards (for the ones fearing that gear progress will be too fast)

saupreusse
Developer

Post#23 » Sat May 30, 2020 11:08 am

Shadowgurke wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:52 pm It would be interesting if there was some sort of "pool", where every zone you take gives you participation. So if you partake in orvr in caledor, push to DW and siege etaine, that gives 2 2 and 2 royal crests pooled. Capped at an arbitrary number, 10 for getting pushed to your city, 15 if you push to the enemy city. Once city happens, all pooled crests get mailed. I woud use this system further and only grant 100% of city rewards when a certain pool has been erned, as to avoid city logging. Obviously this would need to be made for 1 character per account maximum.
This doesnt sound too bad. Im in favor of a "the journey is its own reward - system".