Recent Topics

Ads

ASW - Improvements to ability to maintain melee range

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Grock

Re: ASW - Improvements to ability to maintain melee range

Post#11 » Thu May 28, 2020 2:26 pm

ASW viability in warbands and cities is irrelevant to the topic at hand though
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Tankbeardz

Post#12 » Thu May 28, 2020 2:35 pm

Feomatar1 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:08 pm All morons say that asw is op @ sw is least played class @ asw is barely wiable at 6v6 and sc, doesnt needed at rvr and worst pick at city what is end game @ mirror spec in the game in destro side have all asw have but better and best mdps for city @ this server is full of hypocrites who doesnt want fair play but scared to not be able of killing the worst class in the game by pressing w and pve rotation at button 2 with nerfed buttons.
Barely viable in 6v6 eh...

Manatikik

Post#13 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:08 pm

Tankbeardz wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:35 pm
Feomatar1 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:08 pm All morons say that asw is op @ sw is least played class @ asw is barely wiable at 6v6 and sc, doesnt needed at rvr and worst pick at city what is end game @ mirror spec in the game in destro side have all asw have but better and best mdps for city @ this server is full of hypocrites who doesnt want fair play but scared to not be able of killing the worst class in the game by pressing w and pve rotation at button 2 with nerfed buttons.

Idk, not saying it needs anything more but name 3 ASW on the 6v6 scene right now.
<Montague><Capulet>

Tankbeardz

Post#14 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:12 pm

Manatikik wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:08 pm

Idk, not saying it needs anything more but name 3 ASW on the 6v6 scene right now.
I mean the META was ASW in the last 2 non-bitterstone events.

Manatikik

Post#15 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:18 pm

Tankbeardz wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:12 pm

The last two like in the last 2 years? That’s like saying Slayer/RSW is still viable because it worked in Conq meta 2017.

Again, I’m not saying ASW is weak or needs anything else but pretending it’s the pinnacle of 6v6 is kinda silly; it isn’t near too dog anymore, triple pounce died when Invader came out.
<Montague><Capulet>

Tankbeardz

Post#16 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:34 pm

Manatikik wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:18 pm

The last two like in the last 2 years? That’s like saying Slayer/RSW is still viable because it worked in Conq meta 2017.

Again, I’m not saying ASW is weak or needs anything else but pretending it’s the pinnacle of 6v6 is kinda silly; it isn’t near too dog anymore, triple pounce died when Invader came out.
I'm saying that it was META before and after the initiative debuff stacking nerf. It didn't die...it just got moved to the side. It may not be the best..but still better than most destro comps can account for.
Last edited by Tankbeardz on Thu May 28, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arthem

Post#17 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:34 pm

I much prefer to play my Melee dok / Sov WL in 6v6. I also prefer to face an ASW than WH / Slayer / WL.

adamthelc

Post#18 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:50 pm

Give up the pounce and I am fine with them having basic mdps tool kit. 10 sec immunity, charge and short CD melee snare

Ads
Manatikik

Post#19 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:54 pm

Tankbeardz wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:34 pm

I'm saying that it was META before and after the initiative debuff stacking nerf. It didn't die...it just got moved to the side. It may not be the best..but still better than most destro comps can account for.

It wasn’t meta before Iniative debuff, but it was for a long time after that’s for sure. And it is certainly not better than most comps destro can account for. RN destro has a plethora of viable comps (which is awesome compared to the Invader meta we were just in); WE is the strongest 6v6 DPS class currently, MDOK and squig are bother amazing, choppa has a good spot RN as assist dps, and Mara is still on the outskirts. And you still haven’t named three 6v6 ASW’s :P
<Montague><Capulet>

Tankbeardz

Post#20 » Thu May 28, 2020 4:14 pm

Manatikik wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:54 pm
Tankbeardz wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:34 pm

It wasn’t meta before Iniative debuff, but it was for a long time after that’s for sure. And it is certainly not better than most comps destro can account for. RN destro has a plethora of viable comps (which is awesome compared to the Invader meta we were just in); WE is the strongest 6v6 DPS class currently, MDOK and squig are bother amazing, choppa has a good spot RN as assist dps, and Mara is still on the outskirts. And you still haven’t named three 6v6 ASW’s :P
What 6v6 scene? :lol:

And you haven't actually named any comp that can beat the best order comps regularly. Why are you always 100% order shill?

I play both sides extensively...mind you I stopped caring about 6v6 META **** a long time ago. Anyways...back to un-derailing this post. BUFF ASW.