Recent Topics

Ads

EVERYTHING is overpowerd

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
havartii

EVERYTHING is overpowerd

Post#1 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:25 pm

I remember when we used to have battles and skirmishes that were actually won on skill rather than who could 1 shot who first. I s kinda sad that even if you detaunt them it still does nothing to prevent getting 1shot (even if it is 1 macro) in 2 seconds. Not fun at all.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
Reesh

Re: EVERYTHING is overpowerd

Post#2 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:44 pm

There is nothing in the game like 1 shot.

However, there is:
a) lack of game knowledge
b) incorrect gearing
c) incorrect speccing in masteries
d) no situational awarness
e) playing solo
f) not playing with a full 6
g) not maximising groups potential by a composition that supports other classes weakness

Some players do not well in all the above and then they complain about game being *unfair*.

havartii

Post#3 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:07 am

Yes a bright wizard can easily 1 shot a bolstered player. It happens all the time. Maybe the bolster can be made stronger but I don't think that is the problem as the team with the most players wins. This is an automatic. There is no kiting, no solo play, no underdog wins. I really don't think it is a gear or situational problem my friend. Everyone gets destroyed very fast if they are out numbered. This could be fixed if they could turn the over all damage down a touch so people can actually have decent fights.

adamthelc

Post#4 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:40 am

Actual 1 shots are pretty rare. Occasionally you see someone posting some crazy damaging attack that everyone tries to explain, but for the most part it doesn't happen.

Getting globaled happens all the time and is essentially the same thing. Doesnt necessarily mean everything is overpowered. A lot of the things you mentioned are possible it just might not be as easy as you want it to be.

TTK might seem too low from your perspective, but depending on the situation the opposite could also seem true.

What you feel is a lack of an opportunity for skilled play could be that you are doing things wrong. I could be way off seeing as I dont know you or anything about you, but it's something to consider. Look inward for the problem before you just assume it's something else.

havartii

Post#5 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:20 am

I play as a healer and I used to be able to kite and survive 6 mans, I know the game, I know the gear. I try and heal people who are well versed in gear and know how to build. Unless you are a tank and spec full retard you blow up way to fast in this game, even retard tanks don't last. Trying to heal through it is not fun.. at all!

Elendal

Post#6 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:04 am

You just gotta keep your chin up. Ramble does 300 times a day and still has a smile on his face. We should all be more like ramble.

havartii

Post#7 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:18 am

how about we make this game great again :) (don't get me wrong the devs are amazing) just a few tweaks is all I ask.

Wdova

Post#8 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:15 am

havartii wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:20 am I play as a healer and I used to be able to kite and survive 6 mans
Not even in wett dreams my friend.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#9 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:20 am

The title of this post really got me laughing. What’s OP this time? Rampage, choppa pull, maybe WL for the ten thousandth time? Nope everything is wrong, literally everything.

Hyperbole much?

Post combat logs that show you taking full Hp loss from one ability if you wish to be taken seriously.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Tom

Post#10 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:36 am

Reesh wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:44 pm There is nothing in the game like 1 shot.

However, there is:
a) lack of game knowledge
b) incorrect gearing
c) incorrect speccing in masteries
d) no situational awarness
e) playing solo
f) not playing with a full 6
g) not maximising groups potential by a composition that supports other classes weakness

Some players do not well in all the above and then they complain about game being *unfair*.
Im not making a case for or against amounts of dmg here.. But I find the statement made disingenious. Maybe our understanding of expressions such as "nothing like it" differs. Unfortunately I do not know how to attach screenshots here but I am looking here at a screenshot from High Pass Cemetary sc, (nowhere near enemy camp) where one line reads: xxxxxxxxxx's Fireball critically hits you for 3005 damage (2505 mitigated). You consider 5,505 before mitigation as not close to 1-shot territory? Well, maybe its just my interpretation of the term... One can easily imagine a resist debuff on a less resisting character and that's pretty close to a 1-shot in my book.