Recent Topics

Ads

Dwarf Melee Warband - 7. August 8pm Altdorftime

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Glorian

Dwarf Melee Warband - 7. August 8pm Altdorftime

Post#1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:35 am

SEE LATEST POSTS FOR UP TO DATE INFORMATION.

At Tuesday, 23rd of January we will form a combined Ironbreaker Runepriest Warband. This warband is open for every Dwarf lvl 16+ regardless of Guild membership or Alliance affiliation.

Well open for every Dwarf means you come with a Runepriest or Ironbreaker of course. ;)
Every build will be accepted. DPS Runi, Deftard IB, DPS IB. Bring him to the warband and we will fight Destro headon.

If you come with an IB with a shield, please make sure to set appearance to this one.

UPDATE 15.01.2018
Shrouded Defender lvl 21 you can buy it at Badlands, Dwarf Chapter 10, Dwarf Merchant, 3 gold.

As you can see at lvl 29 you can buy it in Altdorf War Quarter at the RvR Vendor.
As it does look terrific if you have a full warband of Dwarfs, all with the same shield.

Ah yes, 'We' are in fact the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers Dwarven guild and have made quite a lots of these themed Warbands in the past.
For better coordination you might join our voice Discord channel at that time. Talking is not required, but listening would be great to react to movement changes and tactical decissions like ability use, setups, potions and such.
https://discord.gg/srRS6b2

The Whole thing starts at 8pm Altdorftimeand will last for two hours. Beer Break after the first hour.
Last edited by Glorian on Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:17 am, edited 5 times in total.

Ads
Osred

Re: 23.01 Full Ironbreaker-Runepriest Warband! 8pm Altdorftime at KV WC.

Post#2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:54 am

I want to see what happenes when every Ironbreaker is running Overprotective. For testing purposes. I'm very serious.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Glorian

Post#3 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:39 am

Osred wrote:I want to see what happenes when every Ironbreaker is running Overprotective. For testing purposes. I'm very serious.
Hmm, not sure.
Maybe if a group of 8 IBs is hit by an AoE Attack. Then 8 other IBs glare at you for 150 Damage each.
But as it should be mitigated it is something like 8*150 /2 at least = 600 true Damage. One Sorc can do more. But we will see.
And also I dont know how many will have the tactic.

Osred

Post#4 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:53 am

It isnt effected by toughness as the damage is based off of mastery level. Only armor mitigates it. Also has no ICD. I'd like to see how effective this is in larger scale fights with multiple IBs running on it. On average even on tanks it hits around 120. On dps it can hit from 150+. In some occasions is can hit the same enemy dps player several times in a second if a target is REALLY focused by them. This is just from my use of the tactic alone. Multiple IBs it could be deadly.

I made a proposal in the balance forums about it, but after further testing it actually procced off both AoE and Direct Damage, aswell as proccing more on targets with lower avoidance stats. I'd like to see multiple IBs running it to see if my theory is correct on its effectiveness in large scale fights.

Glorian

Post#5 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:59 am

Osred wrote:It isnt effected by toughness as the damage is based off of mastery level. Only armor mitigates it. Also has no ICD. I'd like to see how effective this is in larger scale fights with multiple IBs running on it. On average even on tanks it hits around 120. On dps it can hit from 150+. In some occasions is can hit the same enemy dps player several times in a second if a target is REALLY focused by them.

I made a proposal in the balance forums about it, but after further testing it actually procced off both AoE and Direct Damage. I'd like to see multiple IBs running it to see if my theory is correct on its effectiveness in large scale fights.
Also 'Overprotective' is in the 2Hander Left Tree. So I would guess we would see somethhing like shields and two handers 50/50. So 8 per Warband at all. Might be interesting what happens to a magus if he cast something like an AoE Dot onto the warband. :D

Vilhelmina

Post#6 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:04 pm

That's discriminatory, Lesti! What about poor old Engys and Slayers? Are you planning something for them?

;)

Glorian

Post#7 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:07 pm

Engis and Slayers we run on our Premade Warband every Wednesday. ;)
This is just a special out of the line Event.

Osred

Post#8 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:14 pm

I'm actually considering joining just to see all the Earthshatters going off.

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#9 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:21 pm

Osred wrote:I want to see what happenes when every Ironbreaker is running Overprotective. For testing purposes. I'm very serious.
How you see builds for it?

Osred

Post#10 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:25 pm

nocturnalguest wrote:
How you see builds for it?
This is how I build mine for funsies

RoR.builders - Ironbreaker

Thats for when I play with or lead warbands. I switch builds for 6v6 or solo. Most damage will come from Earthshatter, Overprotective and punishing blow as they dont scale with strength, so defensive IBs can use them to full effectiveness. Also with the obvious max futile strikes, parry and deft defender in renown. Avalanch is a must in large fights as the disrupt will greatly assist healers worries. I recommend most IBs to run it.

To get overprotectibe to work effectively IBs need to keep in mind who their oathfriend is and be ready to switch it at any time. Its better on target with less passive defence buffs. I watch the health meters and see who is getting hit alot and throw oathfriend to them till other targets are getting hit. Keep passing oathfriend around.

note : For IBs not at 40 or even at r16 you'd be buffed to r48, making any mastery ability/tactic which scales off of mastery llevel much stronger than r40 can, so as a result, stronger overprotective.

As I assume lesti is leading, I;d keep it on him till otherwise, as he'd be up front taking most of the damage at the start of the fight, then switch when needed. It'll be funny to see 16 oathfriends on Lesti. Will prob break his ui.
Last edited by Osred on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.