Recent Topics

Ads

ORvR rework+ DOOMSDAY : All the truth

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: ORvR rework+ DOOMSDAY : All the truth

Post#11 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:39 pm

Still testing, and adjusting. The patch last night was a fairly major shift, still some iterations to go through.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#12 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:51 pm

Shooshpanzerer wrote:Do i understand a new system correctly?
1)if a realm has enough zerg to hold 3 BO's (Hello TM) at any given time, you'll lock eventually.
Which is a great improvment according you just need 1 zerg atm to win :). More seriously have no crystal ball to predict this :).
2)Underdog (keep lost) can only lock if all objectives are taken.
When keep lost you can take back your ruin ( who will stay a ruin), attack enemy keep, all them all and win.
3)Keep defence is pointless as you simply run to BO's and outheal all damage.
If your enemy let you proceed like this, where is the problem? Will you let your enemies do this?
4) A lock with decent opposition will requre a lot of realm coordination.
Of course it is, thats ORvR, not a 6 player instance :).
1)if a realm has enough zerg to hold 3 BO's (Hello TM) at any given time, you'll lock eventually.
Which is a great improvment according you just need 1 zerg atm to win :). More seriously have no crystal ball to predict this :).
2)Underdog (keep lost) can only lock if all objectives are taken.
When keep lost you can take back your ruin ( who will stay a ruin), attack enemy keep, all them all and win.
3)Keep defence is pointless as you simply run to BO's and outheal all damage.
If your enemy let you proceed like this, where is the problem? Will you let your enemies do this?
4) A lock with decent opposition will requre a lot of realm coordination.
Of course it is, thats ORvR, not a 6 player instance :).
One thing springs to mind though; if BO portals will cost resources, and a tactic of overwhelming resources have clearly been chosen by one side, what is to stop a saboteur of logging that side and wasting away resources on transportation?
This saboteur will have to run VERY fast to sabotage anything, cause teleporting will only use the resource ticks :). So unless, enemies deploy 1 saboteur on all BO every 6 seconds... :p

Tesq

Post#13 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:55 pm

nice but i just think we will never take a keep again :lol: since due this system just dont divide the focus and hold flag feel easier that split so many ppl, if you can even bump your keep and claim it and make it more hard just go for the rank 5+ 4 or rank 6 is more easier than loose time sieging and loose all flags, we'll see.
Just cant really bear have to stay over a flag waiting, There are so many part of rvr where would be nice to fight and things gona became even more BO centered thats a shame :( , maybe just as in sc they should not reset who know , cheers.

Luuca

Post#14 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:24 pm

Maybe I missed it, but can you point out where, in the original post, you clarified the following quote:
Yali wrote: For those who enjoyed the resource carrying system, don't be sad, you will find it in another place (see below "war treasure"

Manatikik

Post#15 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:25 pm

Luuca wrote:Maybe I missed it, but can you point out where, in the original post, you clarified the following quote:
Yali wrote: For those who enjoyed the resource carrying system, don't be sad, you will find it in another place (see below "war treasure"

- War treasures. If you kill players in the lake, there is small chance to drop resource you will have to carry to your keep or warcamp (with the exact same rules you already know). The higher rank the target will be, the higher the chance to drop a resource chest will be.
<Montague><Capulet>

Glorian

Post#16 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Personal bag roll. That sounds good.
No more griev vs the guys with less contribution that steal "your" bag. ;)

Nefarian78

Post#17 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:01 pm

Looks really interesting, especially the Pot system. Best thing that could ever happen to RvR
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

navis

Post#18 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:17 pm

I would also add as a suggestion to open the Fortress zones for transportation only, which can be at times a valuable and valid means to move troops in end zones.

Ads
Calagh

Post#19 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:15 pm

My 2 personal cents:

I have played several MMORPGs all over the last 15 years, on both official and private server sides. Let me say that the RoR project and you, Ror staff, are the most committed, dedicated and steady team I have ever seen!

Really, really congratulations for all the work you are doing, and thank you for giving us the opportunity to enjoy this game again, and (personally) in a better way.

I really appreciate all the changes you are planning to do, and the oRvR idea you want to foster!
Xala - Sorceress - TUP

Collateral

Post#20 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:43 pm

I'm really not sure about a guaranteed bag per day. We will start seeing people with genesis and subjugator left, right and center. Even if it's a 15% chance. Of course, with over 200 people in the roll and maybe 1 or 2 purple bags, chances were astronomically small. So this is a step in the right direction. I always hope for the best, and will definitely give my feedback after I've played enough.