Recent Topics

Ads

Server status: Up or Down?

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Server is Up

Post#831 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:55 am

dtjror wrote:
zabis wrote:
dtjror wrote:
Thanks, your feedback is really helpful (eye roll).

I've already suggested what, in my admittedly lay opinion, seems like a very simple and viable solution - a scheduled server restart every day before US prime time begins. This should at least get us through the evening without a memory leak crash. Thus far however there has been no official response to this simple proposal.
Check post #788 in this thread, that may be the answer you are looking for.
Uh, that post addresses the fact that they have a hard time addressing server CRASHES during US primetime due to inavailability of EU based staff. I’m talking about PREVENTATIVE REBOOTS, which, from what I can tell, are perfectly within Wargrimnir’s power to perform. He has access to the server, but if it has already crashed and is not responding, then there is not much he can do and has to wait for the EU gits to step in.

I could give a f*** less whether it’s original/creative/insightful. If it’s simple and works, then why not do it?
Daily reboots wouldn't fix anything, it's not that kind of problem.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Dabbart

Post#832 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:57 am

^^^ hence the crack about thinking outside the box... The Devs really aren’t dumb.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Darosh
Banned

Re: Server is Down

Post#833 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:44 am

akenatoth wrote:
Spoiler:
Darosh wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:Usually we're looking at 3am-6am EST for someone to stick the little hampster back on his wheel of doom.
Please, oh please, find a way to swap Skaven models with low res hampster sprites on doomwheels, even if just for a day.
That looks like a Guinea Pig not a hamster btw
Or just like a morbidly obese hamster, don't be so mean ~

dtjror

Post#834 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:47 am

Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote:
dtjror wrote:
zabis wrote:
Check post #788 in this thread, that may be the answer you are looking for.
Uh, that post addresses the fact that they have a hard time addressing server CRASHES during US primetime due to inavailability of EU based staff. I’m talking about PREVENTATIVE REBOOTS, which, from what I can tell, are perfectly within Wargrimnir’s power to perform. He has access to the server, but if it has already crashed and is not responding, then there is not much he can do and has to wait for the EU gits to step in.

I could give a f*** less whether it’s original/creative/insightful. If it’s simple and works, then why not do it?
Daily reboots wouldn't fix anything, it's not that kind of problem.
Hallelujah, admin responds. Now we know. You think I give a f**** about the opinion of some forum-rat?
Might wanna pull that back a bit if you intend on posting around these parts.

Darosh
Banned

Post#835 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:08 am

dtjror wrote: Hallelujah, admin responds. Now we know. You think I give a f**** about the opinion of some forum-rat?

Today I learned that a 'forum-rat' is someone capable of deducing the obvious and relaying it to those impatiently asking pointless questions. Thank you.

To spell it out:
If what - naturally - appears to be an 'easy fix' is not being applied... it might just be that the 'easy fix' has been tested or otherwise ruled out already, and is of no use in the given scenario. Or simply put: We already knew and so could have you, hence Dabbart's response.

Mystriss

Post#836 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:25 am

Most of us know the dev's are doing the best they can, besides it gives us addicts an hour or so to do RL stuff :P

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#837 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:31 am

Alright the bashing of each other stops here. Even if you disagree with someone thats no reason to act in this manner.

Thelen

Post#838 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:02 am

Hamster is tired

Ads
ilie87

Post#839 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:03 am

did server just crashed right now ? I was logged out during rvr and cannot enter back

stillwaterww

Post#840 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:04 am

getting dual green lights but account inactive
Iobel - SO // Miae - BG // Sorrowstrike - WE // Happyjumping - WL // Ishaisa - DoK