Recent Topics

Ads

Balance Discussion Forum v3

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tesq

Re: Balance Discussion Forum v3

Post#81 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:16 pm

Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:46 pm
Tesq wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:24 am Again a pureheart suggestion.... stop balance under the rule that Who balance must make the modification itself, those are 2 diff competence.

Take someone with 10 years exeperience in warhammer online which had play all level in game which is also pro-change , against op stuff and like/play both realm. Take modification from him and what happened will not surfed again. Keep try to balance from internal dev and you will keep fail over and over.

Make mistake once is allow we're human after all, but keep make mistake is devilish.

The wall is harder than your head keep bash at it will only hurt you...
Are you referring to yourself as the person we should come to for balance?

What dev on the team do you think hasn't played this game for 10 years?

We're not unhappy with the success of balance over the course of RoR, but rather the way it's shared with the community which is the point of the BDF. We can just as easily write patch notes and not have discussions like every other game out there that does their own balance internally. It's not like we're dying for people to throw **** at us on the daily.
is not just me, but aswell @road and others for exemple, anyway i said 10 years in "all game aspect" which mean sc comp and wb comp. Sy but at least not 1 of these conditions is met for what i see over all ror patch history.

And idk what are you happy about wl/wh/we are still kicked out from wb if not less even more than before, took diff years to fix magus/engi to a viable level and is still not done; bg had parry tactic moved up and down when it was clear where due is value should had been put. AM/sh meccanic took a life to get an ap reductin in meccanic .

yes we reached a nice spot on some issues but just took 3x the time post client controll and 80% of other changes being reverted or indirectly made bigger other probs ....cuz you dont rebalance.... you just go with buff or nerf or absurd shakes... I think we could improve especially ON not push archtype nerf...

since you called me out, i'm up the challenge if any want and if it was me at least:

-i would had not propose remove sm m2 cuz i've buffed pounce ( 5 sec cd with reduction) and shadowstep (no CD?) lol
-i would not propose guard changes for nerf 2h to make s+b better when i've nerfed s+b previously.
-i would had alredy fixed wl/we/wh aoe builds, it happens in fact i alredy have ready wh/wl mastery fix if i have to write about it... and could work on WE fast enought (maybe this seems to you as me being a boaster, i'm not i could fill pages of balance forum with proposal in case... i know you would not like it tought.and aswell im being consistently made fun by some devs

-->wall of teskh in renown invader shield sc weapon vendor really? With a description taken from that forum meme card from a banned ppl for troll , haras and exploit mastery point bug?! Pretty sure there will be no exscuse or explaination as always...just like when i heard that gankbus ppl were shitting on me with dev in voice com .....or was chat ? well who cares...
Last edited by Tesq on Thu May 09, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ads
theoddone

Post#82 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:47 pm

Click here to watch on YouTube

Is this what balance will be based on in the future?
-Theo

Ugle

Post#83 » Wed May 08, 2019 11:26 pm

:mrgreen:
inactive

Toldavf

Post#84 » Wed May 08, 2019 11:37 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:41 am
mursaat1337 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:01 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:28 am

No amount of balance changing will stop pugs from being farmed by premades when said pugs will still be queuing solo versus said premades.

Fun is also a very subjective term, and is not really a valid reason to make balance passes (quite possibly at the detriment of someone/something else). I'm also at a loss as to how such an approach, which (I assume) would be centered around casual players' enjoyment, would make the game more 'challenging' for everyone else.
use some imagination.
Heh, expected as much.
Gotta agree with peter on this, every tool you give to a single player will be 10 times as strong in a group.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Toonman

Post#85 » Thu May 09, 2019 1:11 am

theoddone wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:47 pm
Click here to watch on YouTube

Is this what balance will be based on in the future?
lol

navis

Post#86 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:11 am

Appreciate head's up in regards to posts concerning upcoming changes from the devs, which helps players understand the changes better and to contribute better feedback.
Sounds like a lot of words to say that the dev's are still in charge but are planning more changes but not veering too far from a classic warhammer expectation;)

Firebird

Post#87 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Maybe I am going blind, but I see no link on the Board Index. I was able to find the forum through viewtopic.php?f=101&t=18439 but even going back to the board index from this I cannot find a link to the balance discussion forum.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#88 » Thu May 09, 2019 1:02 pm

Firebird wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:22 pm Maybe I am going blind, but I see no link on the Board Index. I was able to find the forum through viewtopic.php?f=101&t=18439 but even going back to the board index from this I cannot find a link to the balance discussion forum.
It might be hidden from guest and newly registered users to cut back on spam. Post a couple more times and stick around. It's under the Administration section.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
nat3s

Post#89 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:00 pm

Sesquap wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:18 pm
nat3s wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:45 pm
You'll obviously see the same comps ran by the same people - why would they reroll other classes and abandon their mains just to entertain you.
Boom! And therein lies the problem, of course they wouldn't want to reroll which is why youll see those "top 10" players who you so desperately want to be driving balancing decisions, doing everything they can to maintain the status quo.

Balance decisions must involve the wider audience who are not so invested in a specific class or 6v6 comp continuing to be top patch-on-patch. It's hurting the community in terms of trust in the dev team and just wanting to log on imo.
Yes, please, go on, completly disregard these players as individuals who, too, want to enjoy the game. Naturally they cling to their mains, not because they've sunk hundreds if not thousands of hours into their toons - not because they enjoy playing these classes -, but because they can only succeed with these classes.
Don't mind players like Csi or groups like LoB completly annihilating their opposition regardless of what classes, gear and specs they run.

Edit:
Be happy the 6v6 community are such evil elitist cunts that do not take joy participating in large scale, else you'd face a Phalanx-esque, organised warband on the regular.
The only thing saving you from hitting release 24/7 in your comfort zones of the blobtastic paradise that is RvR, is them not leaving their comfort zones of relentless small scale circlejerk and banter-fueled feuds.
Most of the balance arguments made on the basis of scale are beyond shallow, I don't know why our lords and saviors don't just make their case by creating a spiritual successor to Phalanx - a magnificient grand alliance of derps who would otherwise be dying of old age and boredom waiting for that juicy crash-riddled 6v6 SC pop.

Edit: In short: Stop demanding people to handicap themselves just because you refuse to step up your game, or come to terms with your limitations.
What a shitheap that was to read. Quit it with the strawman and ad hominem you child.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#90 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:36 pm

Continued discussion about the existence of the balance discussion forum is wasted keystrokes. Make proposals, provide useful feedback in as little words as possible. Long winded, painfil to read tirades which don't discuss the exact topic of discussion are a misuse of your time if you intention is to have any actual contribution towards the the direction of the server.