Recent Topics

Ads

Constant Disconnection

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
BrokenIronSights

Constant Disconnection

Post#1 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:21 am

(When my launcher desides not to quit out on me) I log in just fine (sometimes), but I only get about 30 seconds to 5 minutes of gameplay before I'm kicked off the server again. The other times, I log in, get to my character screen, and lose connection. This makes the game (no matter how fun it is) unplayable. Has anyone else had this problem/ found a fix? :|
Franzfan - Warrior Priest
BenKingsly - Knight of the Blazing Sun

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Re: Constant Disconnection

Post#2 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:47 pm

Hmm, the launcher shouldn't close automatically. That might be something else on your system that is killing the process.

The server has been up and down a lot, with occasional crashes and restarts. However, you should get at least a good hour of play, even a days worth before that happens.

Where abouts are you from?

You use wireless conection?

BrokenIronSights

Post#3 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:51 pm

I was playing all last night, a good 6-8 hours before I finally quit. I'm from Central US, and no, I'm wired in.

Elven
Former Staff

Post#4 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:54 pm

That sounds like a good session period. It could just be down to the fact that the server went down, or was being restarted.

Does it still give you frequent disconnects now?

If the server does go down, you can find out on the forum. People become very active and voice their concerns when that happens ;)

BrokenIronSights

Post#5 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:58 pm

Yep, been disconnecting me like this for the past four hours. I've been DC'd five more times since your posting. I log in, click play, (I assume the disconnect happens here) run about 20 feet, nothing else moves BAM disconnected. This last attempt it didn't even finish loading me into the game.

BrokenIronSights

Post#6 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:31 pm

Problem Solved! I think it's my Network Card going out. It's not just RoR that's giving me constant disconnections. I believe it's my card having tiny spots of disconnection that I don't (couldn't, even) notice on a browser. Switched to wireless and I'm playing just fine. Thanks for the help Elven!

ruipedroalvarez

Post#7 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:41 pm

hello all...i got problems loggin and i got this message...14:30:24 Thanks to Elven for the intensive testing on a Windows XP machine!
14:30:24 Thanks to Sarasil for the great background!
14:30:40 The Launcher has encountered an error. Please post the content of the file "Return of Reckoning Launcher Error Log.txt" here: http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... um.php?f=4
14:30:40 The Launcher is outdated due to your ISP problem. what i need to do to play again?

Elven
Former Staff

Post#8 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:12 pm

BrokenIronSights wrote:Problem Solved! I think it's my Network Card going out. It's not just RoR that's giving me constant disconnections. I believe it's my card having tiny spots of disconnection that I don't (couldn't, even) notice on a browser. Switched to wireless and I'm playing just fine. Thanks for the help Elven!
Could get a cheap wired NIC as a short term solution? ;)

No worries anyways.

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Post#9 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:14 pm

ruipedroalvarez wrote:hello all...i got problems loggin and i got this message...14:30:24 Thanks to Elven for the intensive testing on a Windows XP machine!
14:30:24 Thanks to Sarasil for the great background!
14:30:40 The Launcher has encountered an error. Please post the content of the file "Return of Reckoning Launcher Error Log.txt" here: http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... um.php?f=4
14:30:40 The Launcher is outdated due to your ISP problem. what i need to do to play again?

This is just a generic message to let the user know that they have to get the error, from the error log.

Either do what it says, and post it in the appropriate thread. I recommend this one:

http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... ?f=11&t=90

Alternatively, and probably the best option to do. Use the latest launcher:

Here: