Incompatible with 2080 Ti ?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Nosepillagha

Re: Incompatible with 2080 Ti ?

Post#11 » Sat May 04, 2019 3:48 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:43 pm You have by chance any on-board gpu as well?
No my X299 mobo doesnt have one.
Theres only 1 adapter in my device manager the 2080 Ti.

Ads
Nosepillagha

Post#12 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:00 am

Still breaking my head / nose over this :/

saupreusse
Developer

Post#13 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:58 am

I dont think its video card related. This looks like your game is simply missing files. I dont really know why this happens since the launcher should fix this but id say try to redownload the game once more using the torrent. If it doesnt work you can ask elven on the forums here, he has a direct download link somewhere. Ive had similar issues on my laptop a few years ago and a fresh new install fixed it.

Nosepillagha

Post#14 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:05 am

saupreusse wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:58 am I dont think its video card related. This looks like your game is simply missing files. I dont really know why this happens since the launcher should fix this but id say try to redownload the game once more using the torrent. If it doesnt work you can ask elven on the forums here, he has a direct download link somewhere. Ive had similar issues on my laptop a few years ago and a fresh new install fixed it.
The exact same folder runs it just fine on my laptop.
So there are no CRC issues or missing files.

But im going to give it a go anyway.
Thanks to all the people here for taking the time to help fix my problem ;)

Tesq

Post#15 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:24 am

it's prob a well know old war problem, the game dont run on some gpu, like randomly and differently by pc by pc especially new one

there should be a list in war folder where you can litteraly add the gpu name so that the game will run it or fake the game into think the gpu is another by other mean so it will stop bitch about it (google it).

eventually a driver clear and re install may solve that duno, when it came to war you need to be a bit of a debugger yourself to make it work..

Nosepillagha

Post#16 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:06 pm

My orc rage wants to fix this error.
Time to get a 2nd GPU just to see if it works.

Phantasm

Post#17 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:22 pm

Nosepillagha wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 1:06 pm My orc rage wants to fix this error.
Few things:
Are other games work for you if u directly import folders from laptop to your PC?
Did you try untick ROR folder to "read only"?
After you imported ROR folder from laptop to PC, did you overwrite again Launcher folder? Then changed again settings to 64bit game exe?
Worth a try isnt it?

Jazdream

Post#18 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:37 pm

are you trying to launch the game in 4k by any chance?

Ads
Nosepillagha

Post#19 » Sun May 05, 2019 6:34 pm

Jazdream wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:37 pm are you trying to launch the game in 4k by any chance?
My native resolution is 2K
But any resolution i set the game in does the same.
Phantasm wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:22 pm
Nosepillagha wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 1:06 pm My orc rage wants to fix this error.
Few things:
Are other games work for you if u directly import folders from laptop to your PC?
Did you try untick ROR folder to "read only"?
After you imported ROR folder from laptop to PC, did you overwrite again Launcher folder? Then changed again settings to 64bit game exe?
Worth a try isnt it?
I literally tried all these things :/

Phantasm

Post#20 » Sun May 05, 2019 6:38 pm

Maybe just download game again and only copy paste interface + user folders if u want to keep keybindings and addons settings.