Recent Topics

Ads

Best Melee DPS?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
BeautfulToad

Re: Best Melee DPS?

Post#11 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:54 am

Id maybe go Mara or Choppa on destro. Mara was strong when I tried it. It seemed to have nice single target (ST) damage with an AoE option. Mara can be tricky to get used to. Maybe go slayer or White Lion on order. White Lion is a kind of ST expert. Choppa/Slayer do AoE damage on a large scale but are very fragile and die a lot.

Ads
FunkySwerve

Post#12 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:20 am

wildwindblows wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:17 pm Just stay away from mara. It is the weakest melee dps thanks to the devs. You can play wl, we, slayer or choppa. If you have guard and pocket healer go with slayer or choppa. If you dont u can go with we,wh or wl. WL has absurd high burst damage so you can easily kill anyone and also wl has pounce, knockdown, armor debuff, healdebuff (pls add wound db too). WE and WH has stealth and knockdown and burst damage. But there is a lot of wl in order side these days. Mara's damage and debuff skills were reduced.
I've been hearing this a lot. Is it comparatively bad even geared up and RR 70+?

TenTonHammer

Post#13 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:19 am

FunkySwerve wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:20 am
wildwindblows wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:17 pm Just stay away from mara. It is the weakest melee dps thanks to the devs. You can play wl, we, slayer or choppa. If you have guard and pocket healer go with slayer or choppa. If you dont u can go with we,wh or wl. WL has absurd high burst damage so you can easily kill anyone and also wl has pounce, knockdown, armor debuff, healdebuff (pls add wound db too). WE and WH has stealth and knockdown and burst damage. But there is a lot of wl in order side these days. Mara's damage and debuff skills were reduced.
I've been hearing this a lot. Is it comparatively bad even geared up and RR 70+?
No and it’s not true at all Mara is and and has been one of the most viable destro classes at every level of play with both strong single target, AoE and utility options some people here want to bitch and moan cause of 1-2 needs

Everyone here is saying “CHOPPA it’s so much fun WAAAGH!” isn’t telling you that your gonna be in for a bad time if your not constantly babysit and protected by a dedicated tank and healer and unlike Mara whose entire WB/orvr options come down to 2 abilities, the class can be down right frustrating and I don’t like having to constantly on being enabled by others or rely on gear sets that are going to be nerfed down the line

Sure you can play white lion and then after a while you will get bored of the cheese blowing up basically everyone but a deft tard tank in 3 seconds

FunkySwerve

Post#14 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:37 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:19 am
No and it’s not true at all Mara is and and has been one of the most viable destro classes at every level of play with both strong single target, AoE and utility options some people here want to bitch and moan cause of 1-2 needs

Everyone here is saying “CHOPPA it’s so much fun WAAAGH!” isn’t telling you that your gonna be in for a bad time if your not constantly babysit and protected by a dedicated tank and healer and unlike Mara whose entire WB/orvr options come down to 2 abilities, the class can be down right frustrating and I don’t like having to constantly on being enabled by others or rely on gear sets that are going to be nerfed down the line

Sure you can play white lion and then after a while you will get bored of the cheese blowing up basically everyone but a deft tard tank in 3 seconds
That's what I've figured. I was going over the RoR Career builder one day for Mara and it really had me head-scratching because they have so many tools and viable styles of play.

ahorts

Post#15 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:27 am

Mara is fine, you just need to master stance dancing.
Vrede

saupreusse
Developer

Post#16 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:32 am

If i hear one more "mara is bad" comment im gonna have to flip some tables. Use the utilities youve got and mara is a beast. Its harder to play than wl for sure but the last time i tried it was an amazing class still.

Akame

Post#17 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:33 am

For competitive play (not that there's any left) mara is better. For pug farming, go WL.
White Lion

Arthem

Post#18 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:02 am

On the scale mentioned I would not recommend ASW even though its good in groups. In orvr and 2-3 man scale WL / WH or WE / Mara will outperform it and are easier to play.

Ads
wildwindblows

Post#19 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:14 am

Guys, wl can easily one shoot ppl and devs nerfed the mara's wound db and armor db skills. Wl can ONE SHOOT is normal but mara's 1520 wound and armor db is abnormal? We are talking about 500 more wound and armor here. WL kills any dps class in 3 sec.

Sulorie

Post#20 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:53 am

wildwindblows wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:14 am Guys, wl can easily one shoot ppl and devs nerfed the mara's wound db and armor db skills. Wl can ONE SHOOT is normal but mara's 1520 wound and armor db is abnormal? We are talking about 500 more wound and armor here. WL kills any dps class in 3 sec.
Stop playing solo and mara debuffs will net more damage than sudden WL burst.
Dying is no option.