Recent Topics

Ads

Best Melee DPS?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
larsulu
Suspended

Re: Best Melee DPS?

Post#21 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:54 am

wildwindblows wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:14 am Guys, wl can easily one shoot ppl and devs nerfed the mara's wound db and armor db skills. Wl can ONE SHOOT is normal but mara's 1520 wound and armor db is abnormal? We are talking about 500 more wound and armor here. WL kills any dps class in 3 sec.
Also they removed mutation proc on toss axe.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ads
bichka

Post#22 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:55 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:16 pm
Witch Elf, stabs high dmg
lol no.

just roll WL and kill during kd.

oaliaen

Post#23 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:58 pm

White Lion / Slayer

FunkySwerve

Post#24 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:14 pm

bichka wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:55 pm
lol no.

Well, WL will suit a player if that's what they want to do; if you prefer a literal face-roll class and most efficient killer then WLs are the ones. I'm not immune to the aforementioned feelings too, it's a beautiful thing to witness someone being deleted in one time stamp. However; I actually like having competition between the thresholds of skill, gear, RR etc. I don't mind some inherent weaknesses in a class. I'm specc'ed for squishy killin', so head-to-head against tanks and most MDPS I'm probably gonna get smoked or outlasted. If you're someone like me, you wont get the satisfaction of out playing someone, because as a WL you hit a critical mass and become nigh impossible to kill(because you have the best burst AND utility).

bichka

Post#25 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:43 pm

FunkySwerve wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:14 pm
bichka wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:55 pm
lol no.

Well, WL will suit a player if that's what they want to do; if you prefer a literal face-roll class and most efficient killer then WLs are the ones. I'm not immune to the aforementioned feelings too, it's a beautiful thing to witness someone being deleted in one time stamp. However; I actually like having competition between the thresholds of skill, gear, RR etc. I don't mind some inherent weaknesses in a class. I'm specc'ed for squishy killin', so head-to-head against tanks and most MDPS I'm probably gonna get smoked or outlasted. If you're someone like me, you wont get the satisfaction of out playing someone, because as a WL you hit a critical mass and become nigh impossible to kill(because you have the best burst AND utility).
problem is : WL took WH's role while still med armored and high mobile. Currently there almost no reason to play WH/WE unless you just like their look. No WB utility except M3 and aoe once in 10s. No real damge to take down target fast like it should be for paper armor.

wildwindblows

Post#26 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:12 am

Everyone saying im wrong but they cannot prefer mara. You can figure it out from there.

wildwindblows

Post#27 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:15 am

Everyone saying im wrong but they cannot recommend mara. You can figure it out from there. I'm just saying mara was the good dps but were ruined. Now it's the weakest mdps in the game

Ysaran

Post#28 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:25 am

wildwindblows wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:15 am Everyone saying im wrong but they cannot recommend mara. You can figure it out from there. I'm just saying mara was the good dps but were ruined. Now it's the weakest mdps in the game
Only because isn't the strongest it doesn't means that it is the weakest. What you are saying is a logical fallacy and this you are just a troll
Zputadenti

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#29 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:41 am

wildwindblows wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:15 am Everyone saying im wrong but they cannot recommend mara. You can figure it out from there. I'm just saying mara was the good dps but were ruined. Now it's the weakest mdps in the game
wat

armor debuff
charge
medium armor
wounds debuff
medium high sustained dps output
pull
ranged KD
m1 root
AP drain (AOE+ST)
AOE kd
AOE interrupt
AOE disorient
AOE morale drain
m2 bomb
self heal stance
enemy armor pen ignore stance

and I'm probably forgetting some other extras they have up in their sleeve full of aces

Mara is as a close to being a living Swiss Army knife as you can get
Maybe they dont have "high risk high reward sure suicide" mechanic of choppa, or don't get similar 1v1 opportunities as WEs - but generally it is a solid class choice. You can do solid dmg, while have solid survival chance, so much utility that you would need several destro classes added together to outpass the utility toolkit that a mara brings.

FunkySwerve

Post#30 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:53 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:41 am
wat

armor debuff
charge
medium armor
wounds debuff
medium high sustained dps output
pull
ranged KD
m1 root
AP drain (AOE+ST)
AOE kd
AOE interrupt
AOE disorient
AOE morale drain
m2 bomb
self heal stance
enemy armor pen ignore stance

and I'm probably forgetting some other extras they have up in their sleeve full of aces

Mara is as a close to being a living Swiss Army knife as you can get
Maybe they dont have "high risk high reward sure suicide" mechanic of choppa, or don't get similar 1v1 opportunities as WEs - but generally it is a solid class choice. You can do solid dmg, while have solid survival chance, so much utility that you would need several destro classes added together to outpass the utility toolkit that a mara brings.
This. And Mara is a class that rewards you for doing your homework whether its 1v1, 6v6 or Warband play. It's a blessing to have a career Mara in the group.