Recent Topics

Ads

Connect button is grey and inactive

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Koxaky

Connect button is grey and inactive

Post#1 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:14 am

Did everithing step by step as manual says - took off "read only", took ror client from torrent client, dx install, manifest downloaded and verification are ok but after:

Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at RoRLauncher.Client.Xb33qW8eJjbsG8YgnB1(Object , Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.YFLZyjs0vm(Object )

"CONNECT" button stays grey

w00t do?

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Connect button is grey and inactive

Post#2 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:18 pm

Does this problem still exist? The login servers were down yesterday temporarily - you may have tried to login as they were down.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

mapbug

Post#3 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:57 pm

have this Problem too....any one can say fixed it ?

Likeaboss

Post#4 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:05 pm

Login Server "yellow" cant log in here too...
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Kaelang

Post#5 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:22 pm

The login server has been hiccuping today. It should be back online now.

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Gildrangu

Post#6 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:55 pm

Still not working for me. I can hit login, but nothing happens.
With/without firewall switched on/antivirus switched off/folder is set to read only.
It started happening yesterday around 7PM.

Plasta 40/76 Shammy
Blobchoppa 40/59 BO
Floaty 40/65 Magus
Gildrangu 40/45 zealot
Marleketh 40/40 BG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rank 40/49 Shadow Warrior

Kaelang

Post#7 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:21 pm

Gildrangu wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:55 pm Still not working for me. I can hit login, but nothing happens.
With/without firewall switched on/antivirus switched off/folder is set to read only.
It started happening yesterday around 7PM.
Have you made sure your torrent is no longer running, even seeding? Running as Administrator?

Sounds like an authentication issue, i.e. your ISP isn't connecting to their auth server so it's not showing as you can connect. Could you try to reload the launcher using a VPN?

Gildrangu

Post#8 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:15 pm

Just came in to say that the ROR folder under my games folder had reset to read only :facepalm:, so my bad. I also noticed that there was an updated launcher in there, so I made a shortcut on my desktop, and deleted the "old" one.
Im in!
Sorry for the moaning.

Plasta 40/76 Shammy
Blobchoppa 40/59 BO
Floaty 40/65 Magus
Gildrangu 40/45 zealot
Marleketh 40/40 BG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rank 40/49 Shadow Warrior

Ads
Kaelang

Post#9 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:41 pm

Gildrangu wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:15 pm Just came in to say that the ROR folder under my games folder had reset to read only :facepalm:, so my bad. I also noticed that there was an updated launcher in there, so I made a shortcut on my desktop, and deleted the "old" one.
Im in!
Sorry for the moaning.
At least you're back in-game bud. :) Happens.