Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher issue

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
ViconteEbonciel

Re: Launcher issue

Post#11 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:02 am

Appreciate the reply. 349 free gigs. Should be enough space.

Ads
Kaelang

Post#12 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:21 am

ViconteEbonciel wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:02 am Appreciate the reply. 349 free gigs. Should be enough space.
Fix 1: Check the anti-virus program in your computer
As many people reported, the Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service error can be caused by the anti-virus program. The application may be blocked by the anti-virus program from running properly. So you can check your anti-virus program.

The specific steps may vary from different antivirus, so we won’t cover it here. But you can check the following instructions to work it out.

1) Temporarily disable your anti-virus program in your computer.

2) Try to install or open the application that gave the error in your computer.

3) If the error disappears and the application works, it should be an issue within your anti-virus program. So you can exclude the application from scanning, and/or add it into exception in your anti-virus program.

4) Remember to re-enable the anti-virus program in your computer.

This should resolve the issue. If it still persists, don’t worry. We have other solutions for you.

-----------------

I doubt you've whitelisted correctly.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Fai

Post#13 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:00 am

what did you recently change that avira did generate a report of 62 pages with files of ror in quarantine?

Kaelang

Post#14 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:07 pm

Fai wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:00 am what did you recently change that avira did generate a report of 62 pages with files of ror in quarantine?
Anytime unknown software changes, over-zealous AV's flag them. This is listed in the Installation Guide and has been the same since the beginning.

Recently however the Launcher was updated with added functionality and some extra changes. This causes AV's to re-evaluate said programs to ensure they're safe for your computer. However, typically unknown publisher / unknown files to the AV database will be flagged as malicious (see RoR Launcher / Updater / Repair).
Spoiler:
Some of these can be more aggressive than others, and in particular the RORLauncher has been flagged in the past. Partially because this is not a well known application in the wild, and partially because of how it works.
The Launcher manipulates objects in memory to make the game work with our server.
Some aggressive antiviruses automatically deem this to be virus-like behavior.
They check with their database of approved applications when they see this, and if they don't find our application in there, it gets a Generic flag and is sometimes blocked or damaged.

Because of this, we have to recommend that when you download with the Torrent, that you have your security disabled, and then whitelist the folder before turning it all back on.

We have repeatedly reached out to many AV companies and databases, all of which who responded accepted it as clean, and many others simply never responded leaving it with that Generic tag.

As you can see here VirusTotal which is a very common database, is showing the launcher as clean in the vast majority of AV's. However, old definitions even from a company that doesn't have us flagged, can still cause problems.

TL;DR - The RORLauncher is safe. The torrent is safe. Please disable your AV BEFORE downloading, and whitelist the folder BEFORE turning it back on to prevent any potential issues.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Charlesmottet

Post#15 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:26 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:21 am
ViconteEbonciel wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:02 am Appreciate the reply. 349 free gigs. Should be enough space.
Fix 1: Check the anti-virus program in your computer
As many people reported, the Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service error can be caused by the anti-virus program. The application may be blocked by the anti-virus program from running properly. So you can check your anti-virus program.

The specific steps may vary from different antivirus, so we won’t cover it here. But you can check the following instructions to work it out.

1) Temporarily disable your anti-virus program in your computer.

2) Try to install or open the application that gave the error in your computer.

3) If the error disappears and the application works, it should be an issue within your anti-virus program. So you can exclude the application from scanning, and/or add it into exception in your anti-virus program.

4) Remember to re-enable the anti-virus program in your computer.

This should resolve the issue. If it still persists, don’t worry. We have other solutions for you.

-----------------

I doubt you've whitelisted correctly.
So I could play the game up until yesterday no problem, new patch and it screwed everyting, I tried to reinstall EVERYTHING (which I did), got the link for the latest launcher, downloaded all the patches and when I tried restarting it a couple times (to make sure I had everything) now I have the same original issue, the launcher will appear for about 2 secondes and just vanish... I tried disabeling my anti virus and do all the points there but it's a no go.

So currently can't play the game, and I have no clue how to fix a problem that came out of the blue for my game which was running perfectly fine !