Recent Topics

Ads

Updater broken, tired of trying, may have to say goodbye

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Baddruk

Updater broken, tired of trying, may have to say goodbye

Post#1 » Sun May 31, 2020 12:27 am

Hello game developers,

The latest update which includes the updated game launcher .exe is too large. it crashes because it loses connection at 4000ish/17000+ items.....
I have tried to download 12+ times. This is a deal-breaker because my game is unplayable and the time I spent playing is wasted. Please break up your updates into smaller packets that your sever can handle. I am on the verge of walking away from this game. I love what you guys are doing, but this is very frustrating.

Very Respectfully,
Baddruk

Ads
ChicagoJoe

Re: Updater broken, tired of trying, may have to say goodbye

Post#2 » Sun May 31, 2020 12:30 am

Hey had a similar problem. I fixed it by running the updated file directly rather than through the rot launcher and it worked.

First time. Fingers crossed for you.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Baddruk

Post#3 » Sun May 31, 2020 12:36 am

How did you download the file directly?

KryptiiK

Post#4 » Sun May 31, 2020 4:12 am

Baddruk wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:36 am How did you download the file directly?
in the game folder is an "updater.exe" or something along those lines. I believe thats what it is called though.

Edit: I was wrong it is called RoRUpdater.exe

Martingale

Post#5 » Sun May 31, 2020 5:59 am

If nothing else works, maybe try torrenting a fresh version of the game with the latest update and copy the larger files (art, world, audio etc.) to your original install folder