Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 7/04/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
gke96

Re: Patch Notes 7/04/2018

Post#91 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:13 pm

The old init formula at lvl 40 was (35/init), to be able to get %100 at 0 init its obviously not a small change, what did you do? are we supposed to play blind? is it (35/(init+35)) or what?
HORSEWHISPERER - PHALANX
CHOPPPA - PHALANX
COLDONE - PHALANX
SUNWHISPERER - ZERG
DOGWHISPERER - ZERG
BEARD - ZERG

Ads
Cimba

Post#92 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:17 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:28 am Natherul
- Small adjustment to the crit formula (100% chance to be crit does not happen at 35 init anymore but at 0).
Would you be willing to expand on how you changed the forumula? Testing out crit rates is a bitch due to their statistical nature.

Gravord

Post#93 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:17 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:55 pm
Gravord wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:39 pm My trust is not easily gained and starting your reign as balance mod with buffing your own favorite class - doesnt look well ;)
Just waiting for screens and vids to pop up from wp's and doks having blast of being top melee class in game.

Nobody cares about your trust, really.

You can stop with this conspiracy theory bs, as it turns out balance moderators have only advisory role. The sole and only person doing balance, as in setting and creating the abilities or requesting code changes in emulator to faciliate new stuff is Torque.

Also, I haven't see any dansari s-posting yet here, any reason for that?

The last word of advice from me would be to stop personal attacks on team members. For your own good.
Could you point out where exactly i made personal attack? Somehow i fail to see it. I only commented on bad optics of the situation - new balance mod gets appointed and first order of business it to buff his class/spec - which is fair statement.

Noergl

Post#94 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:21 pm

Despite the nice welcome after these Patchinfos: Gz to Peter and Dansari... or better: thank you for putting your free time in this project despite the somewhat rude comments. Personally i appreciate the efforts and i am sure it will help the devs to reach decisions.

So get out your personal armour protection and let the haters and doubters dont get under your skin.
Lorekeeper Noergl Morgrimsfind & Sgt.Maj.Finvjer Hugnirsson
(Co-leader of 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers)

dansari

Post#95 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:55 pm Also, I haven't see any dansari s-posting yet here, any reason for that?
I have a meme thread for sh posting. Patch notes are for the salt god :D
Gravord wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:17 pm Could you point out where exactly i made personal attack? Somehow i fail to see it. I only commented on bad optics of the situation - new balance mod gets appointed and first order of business it to buff his class/spec - which is fair statement.
Torque is in charge of balance changes. Peter having a high rr dps WP has nothing to do with the changes being made. And as with all changes, please play with it past 26 minutes of game time before presuming what will come of it.

To other comments on knight m2 - it's an incredible, unique m2, which is probably why it got tweaked. I don't see how it's considered a giant nerf (but again, let's test it out).
<Salt Factory>

saupreusse
Developer

Post#96 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:25 pm

Cimba wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:17 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:28 am Natherul
- Small adjustment to the crit formula (100% chance to be crit does not happen at 35 init anymore but at 0).
Would you be willing to expand on how you changed the forumula? Testing out crit rates is a bitch due to their statistical nature.
We just added a flat +35 ini to the defender on calculation.so everyone is a bit tankier now!yay!
Last edited by saupreusse on Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deathkylem
Suspended

Post#97 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:26 pm

I see that noone says anything about KOTBS nerf...240/240/240(720) to a tank is better than 160x6(960) from BO m2? or 1200 damage in 40 feets in aoe from mara or wh/we 65 FEETS!?
Dont stop destoying KOTBS...more more and more, the tank with less damage of the game and nerf one defensive/ofensive buff . Next time eliminate Runefang, is the key

Hargrim
Developer

Post#98 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:29 pm

Gravord wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:17 pm t where exactly i made personal attack? Somehow i fail to see it. I only commented on bad optics of the situation - new balance mod gets appointed and first order of business it to buff his class/spec - which is fair statement.
You are not a child I guess, but lets go: you just throw "fair questions, statements and observations" which are not true and you don't have any proof to provide. You have no idea of inner workings of team. By asking such questions or giving fair statements you imply that there is something sinister at work. You were called out and now please stop this.

Want to 'provide feedback'? Follow the rules, one of them is 'no day 0 feedback'. You find something weird, create a post or thread and discuss it there. Derailing of patch notes thread won't be tolerated.

Ads
geraldtarrant

Post#99 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:31 pm

The sole and only person doing balance, as in setting and creating the abilities or requesting code changes in emulator to faciliate new stuff is Torque.
Why even open balance forums than?
Muschroom / Gloom / Iznoogood
Orz Guild
Nr1 Sorc Preaseason1 Solo, Nr1 Sorc Season3 Group

peterthepan3

Post#100 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:37 pm

geraldtarrant wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:31 pm

The sole and only person doing balance, as in setting and creating the abilities or requesting code changes in emulator to faciliate new stuff is Torque.
Why even open balance forums than?

Balance forums allow for everyone to give their feedback and thoughts on proposed changes. Make a convincing argument, think of possible counters and how to deal with them, and Dansa and I will have an easier time persuading Torque of the merits of said argument which may lead to its potential implementation (if deemed worthy enough). :)