Recent Topics

Ads

Server Patch notes 15/12/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wonshot

Re: Server Patch notes 15/12/2018

Post#21 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:43 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:09 pm SW have a ranged snare hence no speedboost, I know you need to change stance and back but its not exactly difficult to use.
Thats perfectly fine of a reasoning tbh. I was just wondering in what direction you wanted the currents Shadowstep to go, and what the change should help?
As others have pointed out, Assault (or most pure melee dps specs) are more group dependant compared to ranged specs or hybrid dps/heal specs. So I understand how overtuning this gabcloser (to the level of some of the too strong onces like mentioned in this topic) could create issues.

Stancedance is part of the class, so I am fine with having to do that on the class. or being a true melee and having to rely more on groupmembers to cover weaknesses of my class.

A followup question, since the Shadowstance is instant now, is there a chance it could be acivated when airborn, like being punted away, to get back to your target, or would that create issues either in coding that, or balancevice?

Thanks for your time and efforts, in both the patch and replying.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Sulorie

Post#22 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:45 pm

Wiede wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:51 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:55 pm You already reduce distance to target by a large margin. There is no reason to land on top of the enemy or no counterplay would be possible.
So whats the counterplay to pounce + speedboost and melee-snare?
Have a look at SH, they have both/even the godly trinitiy: range snare, pounce/speedboost and melee snare...
I can't see any logical reason to not have a melee snare as ASW and that without even having an SW.

Also i can imagine how clunky the actual snareplay of ASW feels.
For example when you need a Snare in ASW you have to wait 3,5s after snaring to be in your mainspec again. If that's not clunky i dont know what is.

As stated i don't have an SW, just thinking about it and ready to learn from other opinions about that.
Or you use the stance swap delay for skills like healdebuff.

I wouldn't have added a speedboost to WL pounce either.
Dying is no option.

Sulorie

Post#23 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:47 pm

wonshot wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:43 pm

A followup question, since the Shadowstance is instant now, is there a chance it could be acivated when airborn, like being punted away, to get back to your target, or would that create issues either in coding that, or balancevice?
It took them several patches to prevent midair pounce, I doubt they will add it again. :lol:
Dying is no option.

Ugle

Post#24 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:19 pm

Played around with shadowstep, it works great now, top notch change. Definatley worth speccing for.

Synergy with WH stealth and WL pounce is awsome.

As for the no meleesnare complaint, really no problem when you get used to it and plan ahead.
inactive

Wiede

Post#25 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:30 pm

Ugle wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:19 pm As for the no meleesnare complaint, really no problem when you get used to it and plan ahead.
Okay, good to know!

Fey

Post#26 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:05 am

Add a snare component to the awful melee dots, Draw Blood, and Cut Ya. Lower Cut Ya duration to 9 secs. Cut ya isn't usable in squig armor, so I don't see it being op on SH. Those melee dots are like the worst abilities in the whole game.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Orontes

Post#27 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:28 am

Shadow Step now has no cast time and no cool down, is that correct?

Manatikik

Post#28 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:54 am

Fey wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:05 am Add a snare component to the awful melee dots, Draw Blood, and Cut Ya. Lower Cut Ya duration to 9 secs. Cut ya isn't usable in squig armor, so I don't see it being op on SH. Those melee dots are like the worst abilities in the whole game.
Eh if they reworked it and gave it a decent CD then sure. But ASW at least does not suffer from not having a snare; like that has literally never once affected me or have I thought I need/am missing one.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
DanielWinner

Post#29 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:54 am

Orontes wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:28 am Shadow Step now has no cast time and no cool down, is that correct?
No casttime, same cooldown as it always had.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Mythrendir

Post#30 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:24 am

Greetings,

Every patch is tremendously appreciated but I must insist on the following: WL fans have been patient but any ETA on when will the WL be getting that damage and survivability buff to balance the class, increasing its rvr solo/group/wb utility and bring it up to par with other mdps classes?

It would be a wonderful xmas gift! Thanks :)