Ads

Patch notes 22/12/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Patch notes 22/12/2018

Post#211 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:15 pm

anarchypark wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:06 pm 1. in the dungeons, loot privilege was shared immediately. everyone could loot right after mobs dead.
2. if everyone released, loot privileges gone.
for example, necromancer at crypt, group often wiped by remaining mobs after killing boss.
nobody could see loot sparkling after came back.
3. gunbad bosses are missing i think.
1. This is the new intended way.
2. This is the intended. Clear the adds.
3. We are aware of that and we are awaiting hotfix in this special time of the year.

Ads
Alfinnete
Banned

Post#212 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:53 pm

Some Dev are still arrogant, as usual.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#213 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:59 pm

Alfinnete wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:53 pm Some Dev are still arrogant, as usual.
Some people want to stir up trouble and dedicate their time on the forums to do so. If you show respect to us, we will return it. If not, we're just people who put in a lot of time and effort to drag the server forward, and we get reasonably hostile about being pissed on.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Hargrim
Developer

Post#214 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:01 pm

anarchypark wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:06 pm 3. gunbad bosses are missing i think.

And this should be fixed, as hotfix was pushed to live.

anarchypark

Post#215 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:21 pm

Hargrim wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:15 pm
anarchypark wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:06 pm 1. in the dungeons, loot privilege was shared immediately. everyone could loot right after mobs dead.
2. if everyone released, loot privileges gone.
for example, necromancer at crypt, group often wiped by remaining mobs after killing boss.
nobody could see loot sparkling after came back.
3. gunbad bosses are missing i think.
1. This is the new intended way.
2. This is the intended. Clear the adds.
3. We are aware of that and we are awaiting hotfix in this special time of the year.

thx. i was really hoped you open it later.
have some rest and good holidays.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Hargrim
Developer

Post#216 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:23 pm

anarchypark wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:21 pm i was really hoped you open it later.

Does it matter?

Hargrim
Developer

Post#217 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:39 pm

Apparently we didn't push DB and Gunbad is still missing wing bosses.

SmackdownNinja

Post#218 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:30 am

xoonerfree wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:48 am Toughness change means grey players and low rr/poorly geared players do much more damage now.

I'm a tank. Before the patch I could easily hold off 3-4 low rr, gray or poorly geared toons, now they can chip away at me faster.

Few patches back dps doks/wp had massive nerf to healing while dpsing.

This patch tank defenses were nerfed.
I agree with everything you said, even at 1200 toughness I never got hit for 1s unless it’s another def tank.The only class that can even think about reaching an amount of toughness higher then that is BG. Having a hard cap set at 1050 would be much better imo instead of a blanket nerf over def tanks. This would stop Def BGs from soley stacking toughness without nerfing every tank. Gotta also take into consideration the nerfs to dot avoidance, healers, and buffs for 2h that makes SnB less desirable then it already was.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

Ads
mursaat1337

Post#219 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:55 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:41 pm
Morf wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:11 pm
anarchypark wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:52 pm

i'm full conq heal spec AM.
my channeling attack was ticked 600~1k. 100~300 to deftard tanks.
zero invest in dps and deal 1k per tick? that was monstrous dps.
it's like deftard SnB tanks hit 1k per swing with channeling.

only reasons i didn't report in balance forum was i had no exp. in dps spec.
and too complex mechanic details i couldn't follow.

long cast 2k~3k burst healing was class trademark IMO.
shaman can add mobility in there
but it was borderline OP undying healer with lifetap, IMO.
glad it's fixed without writing in balance forum.

If you are getting 1k hits its very very rare and would mean the target is a lowbie who has low resist as is, resist debuffed and you either have the damage boost from sc like logrins forge or you are close to the wc and have heal stacks, my def tank in best case scenario with target being a lowbie, debuffed and with sc buff/wc buff can hit around the 800 mark but it doesnt mean my dps needs a nerf its a once in a blue moon situation.

The math provided by wargrim means you have a total stat pool of around 1700 if its .7 of total stats when healing or dps because stat total doesnt vary that much( gain int lose def stats as dps, gain def stats lose int as healer) which is a **** ton but if that formula is correct then we should be seeing hits of 1.5k + when working the mechanic and monster heals with dps stacks, this isnt the case, it was for the first ab ex sham/am as far as dps goes.

When playing as dps if i were to spam group heals with dps stacks they would be around 1100, as a healer with heal stacks bunch o waaagh if im lucky would hit for around the 600 mark, these aint the monster numbers you would expect with 1700 stat points contributed to it and as far as lifetap goes i'll take that was hitting for very very small numbers with heal stacks but healing for a ton more, for sure didnt gain the 1700 or so stats to contribute to the damage side of things.

Dont get me wrong as a healer with no dps stats invested you should be doing bad dps, sure i aint gona disagree that damage numbers for a pure healer are a bit to much but no way near the monster numbers claimed and certainly didnt warrant gutting the lifetap healing that was such a successful change.

The math provided doesnt add up at all with 1700 stats towards healing or dps the numbers should be far higher then what they were.
Check your line called ItemStatTotal from .getstats, that's the value that was used. On my dps shaman, the value I would get from that formula is slightly more than what I get from stacking Intelligence. Essentially, with that mechanic, you never have to gear for Int because it's more efficient to just stick to willpower and the mechanic did all of the conversion for you. That's the BIG problem.

Unlike z/rp who have to not only toggle between being able to heal and being able to do damage, their trees are so messed up they can't really spec to heal or do damage anyway. The mechanic we removed allowed am/sham to not only spec solely for healing, but also receive BOTH of their dps trees at 15 mastery points simply by using stacks. Mind you, it ALSO had no additional benefit or drawback for being at 5 stacks or 1 stack, because you receive all the benefits of the mechanic from a single stack, and there still are no drawbacks at all.

Their mechanic brings nothing to the playstyle aside from significant buffs for doing things you're doing anyway, and it's very far removed from any semblance of balance or meaningful choices that affect how you use it.
isnt that the whole idea of the shaman mechanic is to gear one side and have the mechanic close the gap to a marginal percent of the other spectrum or am i just insane?

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#220 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:51 pm

SmackdownNinja wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:30 am
xoonerfree wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:48 am Toughness change means grey players and low rr/poorly geared players do much more damage now.

I'm a tank. Before the patch I could easily hold off 3-4 low rr, gray or poorly geared toons, now they can chip away at me faster.

Few patches back dps doks/wp had massive nerf to healing while dpsing.

This patch tank defenses were nerfed.
I agree with everything you said, even at 1200 toughness I never got hit for 1s unless it’s another def tank.The only class that can even think about reaching an amount of toughness higher then that is BG. Having a hard cap set at 1050 would be much better imo instead of a blanket nerf over def tanks. This would stop Def BGs from soley stacking toughness without nerfing every tank. Gotta also take into consideration the nerfs to dot avoidance, healers, and buffs for 2h that makes SnB less desirable then it already was.
Read the patch note again because the only way its a nerf is if you were over 75% mitigation from a specific attack. It does not nerf anything else. So under all other circumstances its EXACTLY as before.