Patch Notes 27/01/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: Patch Notes 27/01/2019

Post#51 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:41 am

horrigan wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:27 am
Dammy095 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:08 am
horrigan wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:06 am add more abilities to the shaman. magic goblinów stronger than high magic. some joke at all
you are wrong, this is exactly same abilites which AM had for a long time but it was disabled on shaman for some reason, now its enabled again, so both classes have same spell

my dearest colleague, count the abilities in the third shaman tree (path of tha green) I see 6 skills now look at the third archmage tree, I see 5 skills. it turns out that shamans are more elaborate and flexible. Thank you very much and I wish you a nice day
Yeah, they got a skill they don't use. Nice. :)
Dying is no option.

Ads
obamia

Post#52 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:20 am

Besides the Invader set that was announced, are there going to be also new weapons that can be obtained with the Oppressor Emblems soon?

Also would love to see a balanced Oppressor to Conqueror conversion too, if 1:5 is too much, still a 1:3 or 1:2 is very reasonable, considered the high cost of Dominator gear already.

horrigan
Suspended

Post#53 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:21 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:41 am
Dammy095 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:08 am

you are wrong, this is exactly same abilites which AM had for a long time but it was disabled on shaman for some reason, now its enabled again, so both classes have same spell

my dearest colleague, count the abilities in the third shaman tree (path of tha green) I see 6 skills now look at the third archmage tree, I see 5 skills. it turns out that shamans are more elaborate and flexible. Thank you very much and I wish you a nice day
you are wrong. they use it.

Sulorie

Post#54 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:04 am

horrigan wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:21 am

It's a wasted cooldown in any dps shaman rotation and heal shaman gets disrupted far too often to reliable debuff people, not to mention, that they have to use their AP for heals.
Dying is no option.

horrigan
Suspended

Post#55 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:11 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:04 am
It's a wasted cooldown in any dps shaman rotation and heal shaman gets disrupted far too often to reliable debuff people, not to mention, that they have to use their AP for heals.
i don t use radian lance ...
but it does not matter, it's important that the shamans have 6 abilities in the third tree and not 5, which makes them more elaborate, snack creatures, possessing an arsenal of skills for every occasion. So, please, my dear friend, do not quote me because you have no idea what you're really writing about.

peterthepan3

Post#56 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:41 pm

horrigan wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:11 pm

but it does not matter, it's important that the shamans have 6 abilities in the third tree and not 5, which makes them more elaborate, snack creatures, possessing an arsenal of skills for every occasion. So, please, my dear friend, do not quote me because you have no idea what you're really writing about.
Your argument is predicated on the belief that 1 extra ability equates to a 'more elaborate' class - with an 'arsenal for every occasion'. It's false: what you see as more elaborate roations others may see as ability bloat, and so its entirely subjective (particularly when you bear in mind said ability might not see the light of day much as part of a normal rotation).

If you're not using Radiant Lance as part of a ST burst rotation on the AM, then you aren't in a position to call out others on (what you perceive to be) lack of knowledge.

horrigan
Suspended

Post#57 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:59 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:41 pm
Your argument is predicated on the belief that 1 extra ability equates to a 'more elaborate' class - with an 'arsenal for every occasion'. It's false: what you see as more elaborate roations others may see as ability bloat, and so its entirely subjective (particularly when you bear in mind said ability might not see the light of day much as part of a normal rotation).

If you're not using Radiant Lance as part of a ST burst rotation on the AM, then you aren't in a position to call out others on (what you perceive to be) lack of knowledge.
Master Administrator, shaping the balance in the game. your arguments are really unconvincing. Your misbehavior accusing me of false statements provokes other players to perceive me as a liar. When reading your speech, I think that you are personally involved in adding additional abilities to the shame. in your simple statements in which you slandered me against all players reading this topic I state that your knowledge is based more on the opinion of other players than on your own impressions. ending my statement, sad, please think about the future regarding the statements you send to other subordinate players and focus on the work to be equally, not one character has more and the other has less. greetings

live4treasure

Post#58 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:12 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:41 pm If you're not using Radiant Lance as part of a ST burst rotation on the AM, then you aren't in a position to call out others on (what you perceive to be) lack of knowledge.
To be entirely fair, there's only so many seconds of setup you can fit into your rotation before your two short hard hitting dots run out. Whenever you would have the opportunity to use radiant lance in a burst rotation, using Dissipating Energies will always result in more damage and burst. Ideally you'd use Radiant Lance in between DE cooldowns for pressure, if such an opportunity presents itself. But of course, you don't always have an ally to use DE on, so radiant lance becomes a lot more important in pug SCs.

That said, Shaman is currently just plain better as a dps class because it can slot the speed boost and the turbolaser tactic which also gives it a massive toughness debuff together and be the king of backline pressure while also being impossible to kill. Getting the equivelant of Rainlord on the class doesn't add or take away anything, since the ability is basically not worth its GCD for both classes. That's another conversation entirely though, I assume the ability was added to give shaman players slightly more reason to spec into the lifetap tree and not take Shrug it Off and Sticky Feetz, and they already have more reason to avoid those abilities because shaman loses out on damage in two of his dots rather than just 1 for the AM. Wonder if a shaman that just goes straight for sticky feetz instead of the lifetap will lose out on enough damage doing so that it'll offset some things.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#59 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:27 pm

horrigan wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:59 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:41 pm

Master Administrator, shaping the balance in the game. your arguments are really unconvincing. Your misbehavior accusing me of false statements provokes other players to perceive me as a liar. When reading your speech, I think that you are personally involved in adding additional abilities to the shame. in your simple statements in which you slandered me against all players reading this topic I state that your knowledge is based more on the opinion of other players than on your own impressions. ending my statement, sad, please think about the future regarding the statements you send to other subordinate players and focus on the work to be equally, not one character has more and the other has less. greetings
If you feel offended with what I have said then that is your prerogative, I suppose. You made a claim (i.e. that Shaman has a more elaborate rotation) which I argued against. You then ironically called someone out for not having an idea about what they're 'writing about' - despite admitting to not using Radiant Lance (which is used in ST rotations). You are now trying to make the case that I have attacked/slandered you, whilst ignoring the points/counters I have made in response to your baseless accusations, and you are also suggesting that I was involved in the addition of the relevant Shaman ability - which is both wrong and lacking any evidence.

@Giladar:

Radiant Lance may not be practical a lot of the time, but if you are trying to get as much timestamp burst as possible (and have the luxury of freecasting), it will be used to initiate a burst rotation (with DE already applied to a target, of course).
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gotharg

Post#60 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:29 pm

DPS Shaman impossible to kill? Atm when WL have shitton of dmg + 10s unbreakable on dmg root and WH have 50% speed, and all tanks are OP bc high dmg and hardiness at the same time. On live Shaman was "can opener". Here only nerfs for shaman. 1 - QE + RUN AWAY! dont stack. 2 - detaunt changes. 3 - Sticky Feetz at 9 pt.