Patch Notes 27/01/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: Patch Notes 27/01/2019

Post#71 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:16 pm

anarchypark wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:45 pm
guard challenge from dps tank?
cleans, shield, HoT and rez from dps heal.
all core skills.
off spec's half main role.
All have similar skills in their alternative specs, this is true.
What you miss is, while dps tanks still have full power on their skills, because the spec doesn't change it, dps healers heal very little with their heal spells.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Snoxx

Post#72 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:16 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:16 pm
all core skills.
What you miss is, while dps tanks still have full power on their skills, because the spec doesn't change it, dps healers heal very little with their heal spells.
Right!

Guard, Taunt or Challenge doesn't depend on some stats, but healing spells require willpower.
My wrath-spec dps WP has zero willpower on equip, I have zero points in the healing spec tree and my tactics reduce healing output by 40%. My casted heals are nothing but a waste of time and resources.

I can cleanse, one debuff or DoT once every 5 seconds. I don't need willpower for it, that's true. But a real healing WP can cleanse the entire group every 5 seconds.

I can rezz, don't need willpower for it, that's true. But I cannot heal them up after I rezzed them, so they usually end up dead again.

navis

Post#73 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:31 am

Noticed a keep derank itself tonight in Troll Country. Couldn't get any screenshots, though.

anarchypark

Post#74 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:54 am

Snoxx wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:16 am
Sulorie wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:16 pm
all core skills.
Right!

Guard, Taunt or Challenge doesn't depend on some stats, but healing spells require willpower.
My wrath-spec dps WP has zero willpower on equip, I have zero points in the healing spec tree and my tactics reduce healing output by 40%. My casted heals are nothing but a waste of time and resources.

I can cleanse, one debuff or DoT once every 5 seconds. I don't need willpower for it, that's true. But a real healing WP can cleanse the entire group every 5 seconds.

I can rezz, don't need willpower for it, that's true. But I cannot heal them up after I rezzed them, so they usually end up dead again.

alright, dps healer have cleans and rez.
2 skills.
dps tank have guard and challenge.
they use taunt for dmg buff so pass interrupt.
2 skills.

I don't expect group heal or full hp recovery from half healers.
rez need positioning, same as challenge.
they're half. they support main specs.

dps healer don't have healing power,
dps tank don't have mitigation power.

don't give special treatment to dps tank.
why dps tank is tank but dps heal is not heal.
guard vs healing number ?
outside box of 6man it's not that different. they both sux at it.

I've seen many dps tank thinking they're tank.
all they did were melting / running when real tanks should form wall.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

peterthepan3

Post#75 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:04 am

BW has cleanse: is he also a half healer?

Cleanse and Rez are not valid reasons to bring a DPS shaman into a group: you take him for his damage, first and foremost, and any additional tools he brings (such AS the Cleanse and Rez) are bonuses. He will never perform the role of healer within a 6man.

Guard and Challenge ARE valid reasons to take an offensive BG/SM/BO/IB into a group - not to mention their 2h-only abilities (THC/ED/CD): you take them into a group as a tank, first and foremost, and as a quasidps second. An offensive tank can perform the role of tank within a 6man: SM has WODS, BG has RH, BO has YW?, IB has 25% parry and SoI M2, KOBS has Vigilance, Chosen has 25% parry and amazing M3, and all can spec into FS/Parry/D+D - even when offensive.

This misconception of 2h tank = squishy stems from solo/pug encounters. An offensive tank with sufficient support can easily perform BOTH of his tasks (tank and damage assist) simultaneously, whereas a DPS 'healer' cannot - but he can provide UTILITY (such as that which you mentioned already).

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#76 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:33 am

navis wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:31 am Noticed a keep derank itself tonight in Troll Country. Couldn't get any screenshots, though.
Do you remember the rank? if from >3 to 3 thats normal. Else it is not.

doenny

Post#77 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:00 am

Hi there,

is it true, that with last patch the gunbad left wing boss Glomp is buggy? Or is it rumour? Ppl say boss does insanse dmg and oneshots.

Thx Đ
Donnyen - Swordmaster rr80
Huguess - Knight of the Blazing Sun rr65
Bernardt - Warrior Priest rr65
Galalsandar - White Lion rr60

Dammy095

Post#78 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:03 am

not sure if it was fixed or not, but few days ago his puddle had like x5 radius of what it supposed to be, so people died "standing" in them

Ads
Gangan

Post#79 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:04 am

Try checking in the Bug tracker, maybe you find some information there
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

anarchypark

Post#80 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:22 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:04 am BW has cleanse: is he also a half healer?

Cleanse and Rez are not valid reasons to bring a DPS shaman into a group: you take him for his damage, first and foremost, and any additional tools he brings (such AS the Cleanse and Rez) are bonuses. He will never perform the role of healer within a 6man.

Guard and Challenge ARE valid reasons to take an offensive BG/SM/BO/IB into a group - not to mention their 2h-only abilities (THC/ED/CD): you take them into a group as a tank, first and foremost, and as a quasidps second. An offensive tank can perform the role of tank within a 6man: SM has WODS, BG has RH, BO has YW?, IB has 25% parry and SoI M2, KOBS has Vigilance, Chosen has 25% parry and amazing M3, and all can spec into FS/Parry/D+D - even when offensive.

This misconception of 2h tank = squishy stems from solo/pug encounters. An offensive tank with sufficient support can easily perform BOTH of his tasks (tank and damage assist) simultaneously, whereas a DPS 'healer' cannot - but he can provide UTILITY (such as that which you mentioned already).

i see your misconception of tank coming from dps PoV.
most of dps think tanks as guard bot.
punting guards away, assisting dps.
that's only partial area of tank.
and 6man is where it's limited at that point.

tanks do much more in open field.
tank walls rule the battle.

think about what tanks do in PvE.
they grab tons of mobs and survive until mobs die.
basically it's same in RvR.
that's the concept of tank in my book.
dps tanks are only fit in there as half.

whos concept is correct doesn't matter.
i only want tanks don't melt or run away.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)