Ads

Patch Notes 16/02/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: Patch Notes 16/02/2019

Post#271 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:41 pm

We are actually more concerned with giving new content (city siege and end game dungeons) than redo constantly the ORvR. We will be back on ORvR mechanics and tiers / leveling maybe when we will have a solid end game .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
Nickwahh5

Post#272 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:43 pm

old post -- deleted
Last edited by Nickwahh5 on Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

nebelwerfer

Post#273 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:49 pm

Stop playing silly forum game conspiracies, get a life..roll a dwarf :)>

Sulorie

Post#274 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:28 pm

Jaycub wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:00 pm
The leveling experience on RoR has always been inexcusably horrible, with pages and pages of threads with feedback dating years ago. The "it's free" or "just volunteers" is old and tired, and it doesn't take source code overhaul or total reworks to make it better.
It is totally easy to rank up in this game. It is only a problem for people with a mindset of having to rush to max lvl, because they think it is only enjoyable there. This is not the case for most players here. Only the same ppl complain about it over and over and it gets dull, because all they want is either instant rank 40 or being power-leveled by their friends in an afternoon.
Dying is no option.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#275 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:52 pm

Nickwahh5 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:43 pm Can we please get an official explanation on Devs/GMs giving themselves items? How does the general base know if they don't give their friends any gear or even bump up their Renown Rank? Even if they give only 1 Renown Rank to a friend, that's still abuse.

It was given, read the thread.

Manatikik

Post#276 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:03 am

Hargrim wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:52 pm
Nickwahh5 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:43 pm Can we please get an official explanation on Devs/GMs giving themselves items? How does the general base know if they don't give their friends any gear or even bump up their Renown Rank? Even if they give only 1 Renown Rank to a friend, that's still abuse.

Well, actually two conflicting explanations were given by two high level staff members, so.
<Montague><Capulet>

Flavorburst

Post#277 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:29 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:28 pm
Jaycub wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:00 pm
The leveling experience on RoR has always been inexcusably horrible, with pages and pages of threads with feedback dating years ago. The "it's free" or "just volunteers" is old and tired, and it doesn't take source code overhaul or total reworks to make it better.
It is totally easy to rank up in this game. It is only a problem for people with a mindset of having to rush to max lvl, because they think it is only enjoyable there. This is not the case for most players here. Only the same ppl complain about it over and over and it gets dull, because all they want is either instant rank 40 or being power-leveled by their friends in an afternoon.
If it's so easy, then I guess you don't have to skip it and give yourself Oppressor gear... right?

Jackiee

Post#278 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:04 am

Flavorburst wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:29 am If it's so easy, then I guess you don't have to skip it and give yourself Oppressor gear... right?
Not sure one guy doing it suddenly means the whole team is too lazy to level. That being said, leveling is probably a bit too slow, I dont see why a player should be hitting renown rank 55 before hitting level 40 if they exclusively pvp (I personally reached rr50 when I hit level 33, and thats with mob grinding 6 of those levels to not fall behind), that sounds a bit like exp gain is probably too slow from pvp (especially rvr, scenarios give a reasonable amount with the quest factored in). It probably wouldnt hurt to give around 1.5-2x more exp from open rvr, or at the very least I should be getting vanquisher if I am renown rank 50+ even if I am not yet level 40 so that I dont feel like I am being penalized for pvping (no I do not need annihilator, the full set takes like 1 day of medallions from BO defense ticks, giving it to me from bags is a slap in the face).

Ads
Nickwahh5

Post#279 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:07 am

old post -- deleted
Last edited by Nickwahh5 on Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#280 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:07 am

Nickwahh5 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:07 am
Manatikik wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:03 am
Hargrim wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:52 pm

Well, actually two conflicting explanations were given by two high level staff members, so.
Exactly. Can we get a solid statement here? This thread even made it on Reddit & has drawn my friends not to play this server :/
I don't think a solid statement needs to be given, but I'll give one anyways; The only confirmed instances of devs giving themselves items, levels, or gear:
Grunbag granted himself a Battle Brew Backpack clone with stats worse than most other cloaks in the game. If it's that big of a deal we can simply remove the stats on the item.

I have a 100% cosmetic Unicorn, Pegasus and Pig mount (Torque gave me those items, it's purely cosmetic and identical in stats to the 60% mount, which I obtained as a player) and a set of Oppressor granted with Torque's permission, when Torque and I were testing pet stats for the tooltip aligning prior to having my development server set up (I have since destroyed the set, it served its purpose - I've since then grinded out the emblems in SCs about 3 times over, plus I never use Oppressor anyways because it's complete garbage for WL).

Torque has granted himself - but no one else - gear sets and levels for testing specs/loadouts in RvR. He's no longer a part of the dev team and his characters are orphaned - meaning, they can't even be logged in as he requested his account be deleted when he left. I believe this is really the only instance of levels or renown granted on the live server as Wargrimnir stated.

Azarael granted himself a number of items, including making his own cosmetic blindfold from the collector's edition. He's no longer a developer at Return of Reckoning, so not really a point to be made here.
Based on this, I'd say that no one should really be removed from the team, nor should anyone be asked to leave, or should this be as big as a deal as it's made out to be. We all grind out our characters' levels just as much as everyone else, while we also work on developing the server.