Ads

Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Telen
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#531 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:56 pm

I think the reasoning behind the change was main stats making defensive stats pretty much worthless anyway on live.

Ads
ravenlocke

Post#532 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:56 pm

woah woah hang on here...can someone trustworthy please confirm there is a +25% chance to parry guard damage from weaponskill?

Is that additive with tactics, abilities, gear bonuses, and renown?

This doesnt seem correct.

Kright

Fenris78

Post#533 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:06 pm

ravenlocke wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:56 pm woah woah hang on here...can someone trustworthy please confirm there is a +25% chance to parry guard damage from weaponskill?

Kright
Check my last screenshot ; it appears that parry for guard is almost exaclty the same as for the rest of damage sources.

What Danielwinner said (dont know if it's true or not, since Natherul only confirmed the WS being taken into account for Parry rate) is the lowest parry chance could be a minimum of 25% against guard damage (so if you got no parry, you still parry at least 25% of guard damage, if you parry is over 25%, you use the actual parry chances).

Again, since Natherul didnt confirm this, please take pincers.

The only think we know for sure, thanks to him, is that WS parry bonus is correctly reflected onto ingame paperdoll, and not in getstat.

Ugle

Post#534 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:15 pm

Point is, paperdoll stats is useless because parry contribution from WS grts negated by enemy strenght in all but egde cases, because dps has easier access to stackibg str than tanks do ws. So yeah the paperdoll is correct if you look at it isolated
inactive

ravenlocke

Post#535 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:16 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:06 pm
ravenlocke wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:56 pm woah woah hang on here...can someone trustworthy please confirm there is a +25% chance to parry guard damage from weaponskill?

Kright
Check my last screenshot ; it appears that parry for guard is almost exaclty the same as for the rest of damage sources.

What Danielwinner said (dont know if it's true or not, since Natherul only confirmed the WS being taken into account for Parry rate) is the lowest parry chance could be a minimum of 25% against guard damage (so if you got no parry, you still parry at least 25% of guard damage, if you parry is over 25%, you use the actual parry chances).

Again, since Natherul didnt confirm this, please take pincers.

The only think we know for sure, thanks to him, is that WS parry bonus is correctly reflected onto ingame paperdoll, and not in getstat.
Thank you very much Fenris - that makes more sense.

Mythic made the combat calculations in the game way more complicated than necessary - no wonder there is so much lag with the sheer number of dynamic calculations PLUS collision detection.

Kright

ravenlocke

Post#536 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:18 pm

Ugle wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:15 pm Point is, paperdoll stats is useless because parry contribution from WS grts negated by enemy strenght in all but egde cases, because dps has easier access to stackibg str than tanks do ws. So yeah the paperdoll is correct if you look at it isolated
I wouldn't assume DanielWinner's posted formulas are correct just because he wrote it in purple. I havent seen any evidence supporting what he is saying.

Kright

Ugle

Post#537 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:21 pm

ravenlocke wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:18 pm
Ugle wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:15 pm Point is, paperdoll stats is useless because parry contribution from WS grts negated by enemy strenght in all but egde cases, because dps has easier access to stackibg str than tanks do ws. So yeah the paperdoll is correct if you look at it isolated
I wouldn't assume DanielWinner's posted formulas are correct just because he wrote it in purple. I havent seen any evidence supporting what he is saying.

Kright
It is how it has always been, bar the period of different calculations a few months back, that got reverted. Check old patch notes and throw away your tinfoilhat
inactive

ravenlocke

Post#538 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:44 pm

Ugle wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:21 pm
ravenlocke wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:18 pm

Kright
It is how it has always been, bar the period of different calculations a few months back, that got reverted. Check old patch notes and throw away your tinfoilhat
lmao "it has always been that way except when it was changed and wasnt". No need to be so defensive. See below for "reasonable" doubt.
DanielWinner wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:22 pm
Gangan wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:11 pm Maybe this might help with the WS/parry/guard-confusion (or just add more 😅)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31038#p351664
TLDR version: you always have 25% parry against Guard. For Player VS Player encounter:
Your ws / Enemy's str * 7.5 = Parry (cap is 25%) is the r40 formula.
So if your opponent has 1000 strength, your 1000 weapon skill only provides 7.5% parry.
The formula and reasoning provided by DanielWinner is incomplete. He states that for guard damage since the str value of the incoming damage is 0 then you only need 4 WS to hit the parry cap of 25%, he then provided the formula Your ws / Enemy's str * 7.5 = Parry. The flaw is that if the enemy's str is set to 0 then the equation is null and I would assume defaults to 0, not to the maximum value. It also doesnt make sense that in every other case parry from weaponskill is added to your defenses EXCEPT guard damage - it seems more likely to me that the null value is forced to 0%.

Fenris' data supports that there is no 25% parry chance being added via weaponskill to guard damage.

If you have access to information I do not please share, if not please contribute to the conversation in a constructive manner or not at all.

Kright

Ads
Ugle

Post#539 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:12 pm

Look at the data again. I would say that it does. Also guard dmg would probably be set to 1 str, not 0, but this naterul would need to answer. Str/int/bal negating parry/disrup/dodge derived from ws/willp/ini is common knowledge if you've been around a while, so is Secrets change and revert of the calculation formula. Again, check the patch notes.
inactive

anarchypark

Post#540 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:48 pm

another feedback.
it seems pug 2h tanks are testing SnB instead of 2h.
and failing hard at guarding.
not sure why they got interested in guard suddenly.
at least they're trying it. good move.

in battle of 50% guard vs 10sec punt, i think 50% guard won.
having both was OP? i guess.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)