Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 30/03/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tankbeardz

Re: Patch Notes 30/03/2019

Post#61 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:09 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:44 pm People who constantly suggest nerfing Guard, or even removing access to a long-range punt, really need to try out some (more) GvG fights, because if you did, you'd realise that suggesting long-range punts be removed from 2h would not only result in some fights never, ever ending, but would also: a) unnecessarily reduce skill cap for playing a tank (good tanks are those who are attentive to immunities, those who make use of their long-range punts at opportune moments), and b) render 2h tanks useless - again - because long-range punt is just as vital to GvG as a 50% Guard.

I implore you to actually go out and try some GvG (I will use GvG because '6v6' tends to be associated with elitism by some) on a 2h IB/BG/KOBS/Chosen - without access to long-range punt - and see how well you do. This is, of course, assuming you are playing against competent opposition that have their **** together (as should be the case when we are talking about implementing such drastic measures that would undoubtedly have a huge impact on balance).

No doubt my calls for certain posters to 'practice what they preach' a bit more will be misconstrued as me being an elitist, but such is life.
Elitism is overused. The same ppl that complain that people who run in 6 mans are elitist...call them ""6v6 shitters" in the forums and ask for things like 2h guard to be nerfed. You say potato....

Ads
anarchypark

Post#62 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:25 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:11 pm
Well, HTL spam is still a boss in RvR scale. Should we get rid of it too because it's too good and 2h tanks don't have an access to it?

you're making bad example only to debate.
big scales don't fit into small one.
samll scales are included in bigger scale.
everything can be happened in orvr.
3wb:2wb or 12:4, 2h can play in there successfully.
issue is coming from small scale.
don't distract issue to HtL spam bomb build.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

DanielWinner

Post#63 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:34 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:25 pm
DanielWinner wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:11 pm
Well, HTL spam is still a boss in RvR scale. Should we get rid of it too because it's too good and 2h tanks don't have an access to it?

you're making bad example only to debate.
big scales don't fit into small one.
samll scales are included in bigger scale.
everything can be happened in orvr.
3wb:2wb or 12:4, 2h can play in there successfully.
issue is coming from small scale.
don't distract issue to HtL spam bomb build.
So you assume that a group which is successful in small scale SCs has the same results in RvR?
Also for you let's say 6v6 group = roam group, correct? And therefore 6vX = 6v6? WB made of 4 6-man groups = RvR dedicated WB?
Same as WB with 2h tanks would achieve same result as a WB with SnB tanks only?
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#64 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:39 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:43 pm Will this patch notes reach 50 pages?
I remember you supporting the guard nerf and the dok nerf.

Luth

Post#65 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:41 pm

Would be nice to see some videos of successful* warbands with only 2H tanks in it.
Otherwise it's hard to find out whether 2H tanks in a mixed warband are useful or are more a burden, being carried by the rest.

*successful means PvP with approximately equal numbers on both sides should happen, not RvE

anarchypark

Post#66 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:36 pm

Luth wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:41 pm Would be nice to see some videos of successful* warbands with only 2H tanks in it.
Otherwise it's hard to find out whether 2H tanks in a mixed warband are useful or are more a burden, being carried by the rest.

*successful means PvP with approximately equal numbers on both sides should happen, not RvE

sucessful means play how you want and fulfill what you wanted.
for 2h tanks, that's half tanky half dps with +-.
thx to big scale you don't have to do everything yourself.
burden or working together, it depends on view.

however in small scale, 2h seems doing everything SnB do plus more.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

DokB

Post#67 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:07 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:36 pm
Luth wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:41 pm Would be nice to see some videos of successful* warbands with only 2H tanks in it.

sucessful means play how you want and fulfill what you wanted.
for 2h tanks, that's half tanky half dps with +-.
thx to big scale you don't have to do everything yourself.

however in small scale, 2h seems doing everything SnB do plus more.
It’s not a matter of 2H doing every a SnB can do (which they can’t by the way).
General small scale strategy revolves around strategic timing of punts and coordinated burst from tanks/DPS + staggers on healers. 2H obviously performs better here purely because of the current mechanics of the big punts that Chosen/KotBS and IB/BG have access to.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Luth

Post#68 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:16 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:36 pm sucessful means play how you want and fulfill what you wanted.

I defined the word to make clear what i have meant; to prevent certain community members from wasting their time by recording one hour of RvE which would prove nothing.

anarchypark wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:36 pm thx to big scale you don't have to do everything yourself.

My point was about efficiency; dumping tasks on others that they have to carry out for you additionally to their own just because you can't fulfill them (i.e. due to your equipped weapon), is what was meant of being a burden.
It's like a weighing scale; one side gets up and the other down. It doesn't depend on the view, except when involving emotions etc; in this case it's biased and the people in the warband accept it for some reason; nonetheless it doesn't change the fact that it is less effective.
You need to bring something really special/powerful to the warband, if, for example, in exchange you die in a few second when two casters look in your direction because you have the wrong weaponry.

Ads
Gomdor

Post#69 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:18 pm

Pls Pls Pls bring back my adorable firewyrm.
I know it was too OP, hope it would be recovered with reduced damage ASAP
Black Orc 'Gazuaa'

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#70 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:27 pm

Server need help, much bugs all time...