Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tesq

Re: Patch Notes 11/05/2019

Post#51 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:23 pm

Spoiler:
Parallell86 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:11 pm
Tesq wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:11 pm
Parallell86 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:49 pm The Magus version do more damage, the engineer version do less. Its not rocket science.
Dodge in game is less prevalent than disrupt
So now we're changing the subject. How do you figure? Dodge and disrupt goes hand in hand when speccing through renown. It goes hand in hand when HTLing.

And frankly anything that can disrupt you that easily, is most likely a tank, and may aswell dodge or block your attack which goes both ways.

Bottom-line, the ability was oh let's call it changed to avoid further arguements, to MATCH the Magus version. Its not a match if one is stronger than the other.

Tested by friends in game, the magus version crits for over 1200 and engineer version now crits for 700 no more than 800. Hence my original post.

Result > intention. Ofc I think your true intention were to please the whining destro community. Order cant have nice things.
it's not change subject, the end final dmg over a session will be influenced by enemy chance to be avoided; gear often came with +disrup% a lot mroe than +dodge ( look at recent new tanks shields..) while also 4 order class came pack with a +10% disrupt tactic (KOBS /WP / WH / WL) vs none on destru with both dodge/disrupt just to say. Moreover all classes in game have probs with armor pen in a way or another order have it bit harder due mara GoM but this is a problem of mara jsut someone need have the courage to nerf it...

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#52 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:45 pm

Parallell86 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:49 pm The Magus version do more damage, the engineer version do less. Its not rocket science.
They deal exact same damage
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

peterthepan3

Post#53 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:42 pm

Parallell86 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:11 pm
Result > intention. Ofc I think your true intention were to please the whining destro community. Order cant have nice things.
NGL this is really, really cringe to read.

Would also love to know the tactic/gear/rr of respective Engi and Magus, and some screenshots/vids would be really cool! Curious to see whether or not AoE debuffs were being used by each respective player, etc.

RuffRyder

[Engineer] Phosphorous Shells

Post#54 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:46 am

Since maining Engineer I can agree with the fact that while the dmg numbers are equal and the dmg type differs (Corporeal and Spiritual), the only real difference is that getting higher Disrupt rates through stats is easier than stacking Dodge, simply because of the fact that one wouldn't stack Initiative for getting Dodge, while high Willpower on healers by design lead to higher Disrupt rates. So bottom line that would even favor Engineers. Advantage for Engineers is they can get +5 more feet range with gear that Magi are missing, everything else is the same.

After the Phosphorous Shells rework we tested it out in the field with coordination and it was performing better than before also due to going inline with other Corporeal-based AoE types (plus Acid Bomb debuff) we have already, only the fact that cast on the move is missing makes it less viable in other situations than mass-RvR.

Furthermore you can't compare Snipe to it, since simultaneous hitting Phosphorous Shells don't stack plus nerfing an ability because of itself looking like overperforming when being used coordinated and with assist, doesn't make it overperforming in general. Seeing no Magus Sniper Squads in the field is no balance issue, it's a choice we made and others didn't. ;)
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Stophy22

Post#55 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:30 am

I’ve never heard Destro whine about engineers. We enjoy the easy kills :) unless you’re the bitter stone thunderers. I find engineers a fair fight and have no qualms with the class. If you’re good you can get away and if you aren’t then you get caught and die. i think It’s insane how much engineer and magus are changed, personally I find them to be in a pretty solid place. A whole entire guild basically lives off of engis it’s got to be a fun class at the very least and doesn’t ruin the fun for other players which goes down as a win in my book

I think the only thing that was over op about engineers was how their (thorbolts) keg could heal more than a healer as they sat on a BO.

If I was an engineer I’d be happy to have this mirror because on my magus I love this skill.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Alfa1986

Post#56 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:41 am

Top 3 order's characters that cause ass pain in a destro: 1 am, 2 engi, 3 lion.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Stophy22

Post#57 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:59 am

I agree with archmage and lion, engi is a negative. I’m giving that last spot to kotbs.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Dammy095

Post#58 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:32 am

all the elves, basically, strongest race for roam/premade

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#59 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:11 am

If I expand the list to 5, then I would add WH and IB, kotbs does not cause any particular trouble, except for excessive control, but it just runs like a rooster, it is fashionable to not pay attention to it
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Hargrim
Developer

Post#60 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:10 am

If I expand the list to 12...

Oh, wait.