Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Grunbag
Project Team
Posts: 1641

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#81 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:48 am

Sulorie wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:29 am
Grunbag wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:06 am
rmpl wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:37 am

It doesn't count as part of the set, the colouring is wrong as it should be purple (this was confirmed by warg)
Jewel is not part of the set . Cloak replaced this jewel
Isn't cloak meant to have a talisman slot?
I think so . I dont do items but I’m not 100% sure .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Image

Ads
Sulorie
Posts: 4162

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#82 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:43 pm

Grunbag wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:48 am
Sulorie wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:29 am
Grunbag wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:06 am


Jewel is not part of the set . Cloak replaced this jewel
Isn't cloak meant to have a talisman slot?
I think so . I dont do items but I’m not 100% sure .
Would be sad to see if alt specs get no option like sentinel jewel with talisman, while the dungeon has a talisman quest. I hope for the best. :)
Dying is no option.

User avatar
Ysaran
Posts: 563

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#83 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:01 pm

i want to thank you guys for all the hard work! i'm been in Bastion last night and it was great (besides a couple of bug, but is ok), super cool area with a really good atmosphere, really nice work!

that said i want to give you my opinion for what it worth:
i share the concern of Peter about the future of SCs. it's great to have new dungeons and gear and in the meanwhile have an active BDF with the promise of balance change, but SCs are becoming more marginal every new patchnotes. i understand that you devs have limited time and manpower but SCs need some "fresh air" sooner or later. while it's cool to have new battleground for SC from time to time (see Black Crag Keep and Thunder Valley) this is not enough to refresh up SC and gather new ppl on the scenes. Surely a new SC set would be highly appreciated but i think that even this wouldn't be enough.
imo SC should see some new mechanics (like a deathmatch with no side objective or murderball) and a revisitation of queue sistem (like to have a monthly SC in which you can queue from solo to 3man). these are just a couple of examples and they can easily sucks, i dont pretend to have all the answere. what i want to say is that SCs need to be looked at since queue time is becoming longer and longer

User avatar
Hargrim
Developer
Posts: 2456

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#84 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:24 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:29 am
Grunbag wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:06 am
rmpl wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:37 am

It doesn't count as part of the set, the colouring is wrong as it should be purple (this was confirmed by warg)
Jewel is not part of the set . Cloak replaced this jewel
Isn't cloak meant to have a talisman slot?

It turned out there is no tali slot for this piece.
Image

User avatar
Ysaran
Posts: 563

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#85 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:31 pm

Hargrim wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:24 pm
Sulorie wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:29 am
Grunbag wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:06 am
Jewel is not part of the set . Cloak replaced this jewel
Isn't cloak meant to have a talisman slot?

It turned out there is no tali slot for this piece.
You mean that it wasn't an oversight and that the cloak will never have a talis slot?

Sulorie
Posts: 4162

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#86 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:01 pm

Hargrim wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:24 pm
Sulorie wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:29 am
Grunbag wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:06 am


Jewel is not part of the set . Cloak replaced this jewel
Isn't cloak meant to have a talisman slot?

It turned out there is no tali slot for this piece.
This is so sad. Alternate cast healer specs are getting shafted with a new sub-par armor set and with sentinel jewel "fix" even this possibility is gone, while classic heal or dps classes get a super strong 2p set with main-stat bonus and up to 6% crit.
Last edited by Sulorie on Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dying is no option.

User avatar
Hargrim
Developer
Posts: 2456

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#87 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:04 pm

Ysaran wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:31 pm
Hargrim wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:24 pm
Sulorie wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:29 am

Isn't cloak meant to have a talisman slot?

It turned out there is no tali slot for this piece.
You mean that it wasn't an oversight and that the cloak will never have a talis slot?

It will not have tali slot. I guess it could have tali slot, but it would lose main stat bonus to allow for customization.
Image

User avatar
peterthepan3
Posts: 6509

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#88 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Ototo wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:23 am
Tellark wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:31 am
anarchypark wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:05 am
i don't understand these 'gimme more free' ppl.
you like A so everything should be drop from A. that's good design.
new B way introduced. that's bad. because u know what? it's A game.
same stupid logic over and over again for decade.
greedy, lazy demands.
just enjoy slow free riding. gears will follow.
sorry to disappoint you. I dont play any class that need something from pve.
And i dont want to disappoint you again. Nobody wrote here it has to get over a because it is a A game. I talked about preferences. Everbody should be able to get everything he need / wants over that element what he enjoys at most. I dont see why that should be bad for the players for the game or for the server and from all the replys I got till now there was no answer on that. Only offtopic stuff.
You were actually reasonable, but Peter loose your cause for you both.

Look, i understand your point, now let's understand you mine: I play causally when I can and hardcore when I have the time. I like both PvE and PvP content cuase I like stories too, and so from time to time I go to PvE zone and do some quests for the readings. I prefer PvP, that's why this game fits me, yet still I like both. I do enjoy also to have some dungeons from time to time, for the pleasure of it, but, guess what?? If there is no valuable reward in the dungeon, nearly nobody will play it for fun. I was not on live server when rr100 gear was released, but I presume that from that moment onwards ToVL was allways empty and nobody cared anymore about the Expedition Resources, or even for LotD at all unless that they were grinding experience. Suddenly, Tyrant gear worth nothing. That's plainly bad if you want to simply run that pyramid some day, for the joy of see it and have a good story been told.

And I honestly hope that, when final end-game gear is released, the PvE gear stays on freaking same level as PvP one, or 1-2 out of 80 levels below, or guess what?? Dungeons will be empty again, and I will have to wait for days to make a group to run a dungeon, via discord cause in-game /5 will be dead, and with chances that when the day come, someone can't come and we have to search for hours a substitute.

You have to understand that, while you find the joy in looking at your character and been proud to have min-maxed it, which is not a bad thing per-se, I do find the joy in playing the content that I want when I can and want. And there is no proudness in easy grinds for you, same as there is no joy in incredibly serious and robotic dungeons runs for me. We have diff concepts of what we expect of the game. Your point of view can be bad when you start to simply want a grind inside the grinds you are doing or you did, instead of starting a new one. But if you want to, you have to start a new one. I will only complain when people with ultra-hardcore grinds try to simply feel superior to the other, either in the forum cause they feel that the grind gives them more knownledge, or in the game cuase they want to roflstomp other players. Cause I'm half the time a causal player, and I feel disappointed when I enter the game to escape reality and find these persons using their power, like in real life the world is, to crush people instead of to help people.

My 2cents.
People are just asking for their preferred gameplay/content to remain viable for character progression, bro. Noone is suggesting that PvE be made irrelevant, because it should 100% remain an important, integral part of the game, but this should apply to every part of the game, because RoR caters to a lot of different players who each have their own preferred playstyle: some like to roleplay in their capital cities, some like to AFK on Flags in scenarios, some like to blob it up in the Forts, some like to roam as a duo/trio in the lakes, and some like to do scenario premades.

When I find myself logging on and doing PvE for 90% of my gametime (and I don't mind PvE so long as its not what I'm spending the majority of my time on), or see Guildies/Alliance members forming up to AFK in Forts, it sorta kills my motivation to play because, right now, there seems to be no reason whatsoever to do scenarios anymore (inb4 'what about the enjoyment of fighting other groups?' - they're all busy doing PvE/Forts/not playing).

#QQ #WhineMore #ElitistWorldProblems

My 2c, will leave it there. Cheers.
Image

Ads
User avatar
Ototo
Posts: 514

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#89 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:39 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:50 pm


People are just asking for their preferred gameplay/content to remain viable for character progression, bro. Noone is suggesting that PvE be made irrelevant, because it should 100% remain an important, integral part of the game, but this should apply to every part of the game, because RoR caters to a lot of different players who each have their own preferred playstyle: some like to roleplay in their capital cities, some like to AFK on Flags in scenarios, some like to blob it up in the Forts, some like to roam as a duo/trio in the lakes, and some like to do scenario premades.

When I find myself logging on and doing PvE for 90% of my gametime (and I don't mind PvE so long as its not what I'm spending the majority of my time on), or see Guildies/Alliance members forming up to AFK in Forts, it sorta kills my motivation to play because, right now, there seems to be no reason whatsoever to do scenarios anymore (inb4 'what about the enjoyment of fighting other groups?' - they're all busy doing PvE/Forts/not playing).

#QQ #WhineMore #ElitistWorldProblems

My 2c, will leave it there. Cheers.
Enlight me, how in hell is not viable RvR for character progression? And how are you doing PvE 90% of the time? Those are obvious lies to try to rally people to your complain train.

Scenarios pop on nearly instant join, except PUG that takes a big longer, but you can still play around 4-5 in an hour. Denounce to GMs the ppl doing AFK-Forts and they will be banned for botting. And there is something that has hit the amount of players, it is server lag during massive sieges. Hopefully it will be solved and ppl will simply return.

You have to understand how little tiny proportion of the community you represent. The vast majority are like me. We don't care as much about min-maxing as we care about having fun. We like RvR and sometimes we do PvE also cause, **** off, why not?. And we are fine with any grind-wall that is placed cause, as long as we are having fun, if we get the grind done, that's fine, and if we don't get the grind done, that's fine too.

If your goal in a game is not to have fun, you should seriously reconsider your perspective about it.
Characters
Order:
Empire------->Ototo (WP), Marajade (KoBS), Atata (WH), Flama (BW)
High Elves--->Aduril (AM), Liruda (SM), Elearia (WL), Lambrusco (SW)
Dwarves----->Durilam (Slayer)
Destruction:
Chaos-------->Sigmana (Zealot), Arehucas (Chosen), Spike (Marauder), Falcata (Magus)
Dark Elves--->Dathenor (BG)

MARTILLO DE GUERRA (Cofradía Hispano-Parlante)

User avatar
dalen
Posts: 99

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#90 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:33 pm

Nice release, have been looking forward to Bastion Stairs, and it seems to work pretty well for the most part.

Good work!
Lotharic - RR8x WP
Falinsil - RR7x DoK
Valreci - RR6x WE
Falinirya - RR6x SW
And a whole bunch of other alts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron