Recent Topics

Ads

Patch notes 22/06/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
normanis

Re: Patch notes 22/06/2019

Post#11 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:14 am

hi some ather ( mini games) have opened bat file where u can see errors. also all lag starts when u enter too fast in populated place. if u let your system load all mobs around its not so laggy. i dont know how large should be cpu byt 10 mb its minimum i think ( server pc can be diferent from pc what use in home). also server at big lag/reload game thinks its better kick u out than use more extra resources. also errors cause dc.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Post#12 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:38 am

normanis wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:14 am hi some ather ( mini games) have opened bat file where u can see errors. also all lag starts when u enter too fast in populated place. if u let your system load all mobs around its not so laggy. i dont know how large should be cpu byt 10 mb its minimum i think ( server pc can be diferent from pc what use in home). also server at big lag/reload game thinks its better kick u out than use more extra resources. also errors cause dc.
"hi some ather ( mini games) have opened bat file where u can see errors."
Batch files have no relevance to profiling a C# application. Batch files are used to execute operating system commands, line-by-line. They have no relation to logging performance data, and an error isn't always indicative of a performance issue (and vice versa)

"also all lag starts when u enter too fast in populated place. if u let your system load all mobs around its not so laggy."
This is because the server is sending all of the NPCs at once to the game client. We already throttle position updates and NPC creation depending on how many entities are within distance of you, which in turn helps prevent this. At any rate - We're not talking about client-side lag; we're talking about server lag. While the server's actions can impact the client, we're not worried about the client's performance.

"i dont know how large should be cpu byt 10 mb its minimum i think ( server pc can be diferent from pc what use in home)"
I have no idea what this means or how it is relevant. CPUs don't contain traditional storage, they do contain temporary register storage. Also, there is a *big* difference between a "Central Processing Unit" and a "Personal Computer".

"also server at big lag/reload game thinks its better kick u out than use more extra resources. also errors cause dc."
Actually - no, the reason the game closes on /reload or a gigantic lag spike is because the server has not received a response from your game client for a period of time. The disconnection happens as a result of a timeout. I have been meaning to raise the time period before a timeout as it's rather small right now. On occasion, the client will actually end the connection itself if it is blocked from sending or receiving data (ie; due to an operating-system network error)

As for errors, they do not always cause a disconnection; there's something called 'exception handling' that can occur on the server where it can recover from an individual object posing a problem. Often bad practice in C++ applications, though our server is written in C#.

Neil

Post#13 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:00 am

Did I understand the patch correctly, there's always only one pairing being fought over and now that there's a fort, you can't do anything but wait an hour?

Now you can practically go offline again (scenarios do not open and there is no active zone except the fort).

Maybe this situation should be reconsidered. The grandiose thing about RoR for me was that there was practically always something to do, even when the time window was smaller, as is often the case with working family people.
SL NEILOR RR7X | BO NEILER RR7X

satanicomoderno

Post#14 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:37 am

This last update made game crash like 12 times at fort for me and mostly of the ppl.

normanis

Post#15 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:37 am

ok thx for answer. we all whant game run smooth in zerg figts.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#16 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:40 am

satanicomoderno wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:37 am This last update made game crash like 12 times at fort for me and mostly of the ppl.
Am investigating what's causing this. It doesn't look related to any changes I did, so will take some digging.

shaggyboomboom

Post#17 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:56 am

The “min-maxer” statement is worrying. Could you define what you count as one? (Not a jab, curiosity)

kristeva

Post#18 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:32 am

Secrets wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:17 am
Rydiak wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:00 am With only one pairing open at a time, is AAO malus still implemented?
Yes, nothing has changed regarding malus. We'd prefer people to do one of the following during extreme overpopulation:

-Play SCs, where the sides are actually even
-Switch to the underdog side (We'll be looking into ways to make this easier to know when it's possible to switch)
-Log off (as a last resort)

Log off? :lol: sick advice from staff, you must be in the industry.

The scenario option doesn't carry weight now the gear has fallen behind so much. Is there any intention to bring bis rewards back to scenarios?

The options now are unplayable lag and mindless zerg fights in orvr, spamming a portal, or banging your head against the wall in dungeons?

Rip small-scale
Last edited by kristeva on Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alizea Kristeva Sorine Alyz Aliz Alyzea Sallie Livvie Mistie Cedric

Ads
Haskr

Post#19 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:39 am

Secrets wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:19 am
drmordread wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:44 am One zone at a time...

So a campaign can be started in EU prime but only benefit USA prime (or later) players because they will finish it.

Not really fair to any players starting a campaign. They will never get rewards.
The goal with this is to make it less able to be 'gamed' by min/maxers.
There are still min/maxers left in the game? I think you mean pugfarmers buddy, everything thats considered a min/maxer seems to have left the game long (or short) ago.

wonshot

Post#20 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:54 am

Secrets wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:17 am
Rydiak wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:00 am With only one pairing open at a time, is AAO malus still implemented?
Yes, nothing has changed regarding malus. We'd prefer people to do one of the following during extreme overpopulation:

-Play SCs, where the sides are actually even
-Switch to the underdog side (We'll be looking into ways to make this easier to know when it's possible to switch)
-Log off (as a last resort)
Im sorry what?
With city sieges in mind, some of us were actually slowly getting ready for attempting some "realm pride" sort of mentality for when content was actually worth fighting for, and trying to establish coowork and teamwork between guilds/alliances/warbands. And THIS is the mindset you have for the server? :shock:

Not only does the one parring available force the action to be super zergy so roamers will most often than not find themselves in blob fights, but this will pretty much garenteed kill solo, smallman, yeah any sort of roaming that is not organized with the rest of the realm I fear. Sure it was not like the playerbase were too good at going to less populated zones previously, but having the option there would really benefit the situation when citysieges actually becomes a thing and zonelocks matter for realm.

Not sure if people have forgotten how the last keep before a citysiege was waaaay harder to breach due to the entier active population were usually in that one keep, where as forts had the restriction. Massive lagfest and close to unbreachable in primetime. This system will be exactly like that, especially when you openly cater towards crossrealming mixed with giving incentives to not "throw the zone"

Also, bloodlord stat fixes - cool. Can we get confirmation if the stats are not as they should be, because Bloodlord gloves on all classes seem to have way too few stats?
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO