Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
bichka

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#161 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:35 pm

Arguetlam wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:20 pm
bichka wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:32 am
Manatikik wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:42 am because they finally do as much damage as every other dps class in the game and they think something must be wrong.
class with such CC and spamable healdebuff shouldn't do same damage. Also mSH at least have pet to kill to remove armor buff from "stance" - kind of risk, while SW is not.
So what should be nerf on ddok is his dps because he can applie heal debuff on crit proc ? Should we nerf the WE dps because she has double heal debuff kd mez ? Plz. The ddok can and Will be shutdown hard by any range dps. He has next to no mobilitie and rely on other party member for any cc. He synergies well with other but hé his farm from being an overperforming class.
SW is basicaly ranged class with kite abilities. And have almost tank armor in melee stance. You are comparing paper WH/WE with SW? wow
Dok is melee without antikite abilities except focus mind. Any dps which hits resists instead of armor easily shut down dps dok. Granade specced Engi, BW, AM/ whatever. In scs most dps doks is dead in seconds. In premades doesn't really matter what dps is carried.

Ads
dansari

Post#162 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:39 pm

bichka wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:33 pm ranged kd. mSH's pet dies pretty fast in aoe. So SH have to wait 30s or spec tactic to spam pets. SW's have only 5s cd on switching stances. Switch to 'quick shoota' analogue, KD/healdebuf, switch back to melee. Squig can't do same, casting squig armor take a time, have longer cd.
- ASW doesn't have access to rkd.
- TA gives you access to armor anyway, as fenryl said. Why do you care about having a pet in wb rvr if your purpose is cc+interrupts?
- Whoopee 5s on switching stances.. can't wait to SFA sorcs for 300dmg crits. The versatility that ASW has with swapping to skirmish and back is the same or worse versatility that ranged SH has in Quick/Big trees. It's always been that way.
<Salt Factory>

Manatikik

Post#163 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:42 pm

bichka wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:33 pm
Manatikik wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:39 pm
bichka wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:32 am

class with such CC and spamable healdebuff shouldn't do same damage. Also mSH at least have pet to kill to remove armor buff from "stance" - kind of risk, while SW is not.
What’s ‘such cc’? MSH has great cc, lest burst, and no heal debuff; asw has a disarm and heal debuff, less CC but more burst to get closer to WL/WE levels. And the ever popular double damage buff build for MSH has permanent armor as well from TA so there goes that victim card. Why do people continue to spout out misinformation like they’re facts?
ranged kd. mSH's pet dies pretty fast in aoe. So SH have to wait 30s or spec tactic to spam pets. SW's have only 5s cd on switching stances. Switch to 'quick shoota' analogue, KD/healdebuf, switch back to melee. Squig can't do same, casting squig armor take a time, have longer cd.

You do realize you can’t get RKD and anything useful from Assault, right? Oh, no, you don’t cause you clearly have no clue what you’ve been talking about this whole time.
<Montague><Capulet>

Arguetlam

Post#164 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:33 pm

Arguetlam wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:44 am
nat3s wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:12 am The outliers are currently WL, aSW, slayer and melee DoK. You don't achieve balance by looking at classes in silo. Think about it, aSW is way more powerful than mSH, it doesn't make sense to levy a hefty 25% nerf on the latter without touching the former.
Could I have your reasoning behind the Ddok comment ? they have little to no mobilities. They sure have a good dps and utilities for a party, but not more than a lot of other classes. So why is it on this list ?
bichka wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:35 pm
Arguetlam wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:20 pm
bichka wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:32 am class with such CC and spamable healdebuff shouldn't do same damage. Also mSH at least have pet to kill to remove armor buff from "stance" - kind of risk, while SW is not.
So what should be nerf on ddok is his dps because he can applie heal debuff on crit proc ? Should we nerf the WE dps because she has double heal debuff kd mez ? Plz. The ddok can and Will be shutdown hard by any range dps. He has next to no mobilitie and rely on other party member for any cc. He synergies well with other but hé his farm from being an overperforming class.
SW is basicaly ranged class with kite abilities. And have almost tank armor in melee stance. You are comparing paper WH/WE with SW? wow
Dok is melee without antikite abilities except focus mind. Any dps which hits resists instead of armor easily shut down dps dok. Granade specced Engi, BW, AM/ whatever. In scs most dps doks is dead in seconds. In premades doesn't really matter what dps is carried.

Sorry I did not realise that was an other convo not answering my first quote.
But where do you see me speaking about SW ?? I'm speaking only about DDok that was, i don't know why, brought to this discussion about balance and put on the same lvl as WL aSW Slayer in terme of inbalance by nat3s.
My confusion come from the fact you are speaking about "spamable heal debuff" and i though it was refering to ddok.

Knowthyself
Game Artist

Post#165 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:45 pm

Lol seeing two ex-balance mods( they had carried out that position for quite a long while) try their best to always justify and promote certain classes on a certain side kinda explains why some obvious imbalances have been long going untouched and even reversed on ROR. That's kinda sad...
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself

peterthepan3

Post#166 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:55 pm

Knowthyself wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:45 pm Lol seeing two ex-balance mods( they had carried out that position for quite a long while) try their best to always justify and promote certain classes on a certain side kinda explains why some obvious imbalances have been long going untouched and even reversed on ROR. That's kinda sad...
Haven't done any such thing, but feel free to think what you will. You figured out how to disarm WLs yet, mate?

Knowthyself
Game Artist

Post#167 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:08 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:55 pm
Knowthyself wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:45 pm Lol seeing two ex-balance mods( they had carried out that position for quite a long while) try their best to always justify and promote certain classes on a certain side kinda explains why some obvious imbalances have been long going untouched and even reversed on ROR. That's kinda sad...
Haven't done any such thing, but feel free to think what you will. You figured out how to disarm WLs yet, mate?

Click here to watch on YouTube

I have been disarming WLs maybe even before you had any idea that such a game existed.
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself

peterthepan3

Post#168 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:14 pm

Knowthyself wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:08 pm

I have been disarming WLs maybe even before you had any idea that such a game existed.
Which pixel in that video are you? Nice burn, but where was the disarm here?

Anyway, won't derail thread further with this :)

Ads
Knowthyself
Game Artist

Post#169 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:34 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:14 pm
Knowthyself wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:08 pm

Which pixel in that video are you? Nice burn, but where was the disarm here?

Anyway, won't derail thread further with this :)
As a matter of fact I clicked disarm button at the start of that fight which was a poor timing anyway since disarm is most useful when you have the melee on you maybe I was lucky it didn't trigger, however, the interesting part is that you don't even have a chance to use disarm when the WL gets on you considering you are already dead before you come out of that 3seconds KD. The fact you insisted on ignoring that part is another demonstration of how poorly the so called balance modorating job was carried on. However thanks bringing that video up since it points somehow to one of the biggest jokes I experienced in ROR the WL.
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself

DanielWinner

Post#170 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:28 pm

Just to stop that ex-balance mod topic. Mods didn’t push any changes or stopped any of them. Only devs decide what will happen. At that moment Torquemadra was the one who made a good portion of decisions and then changes.

Now stick to patch notes.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha