Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Zegota

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#31 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:49 am

Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:07 am Not doing the objective and farming kills in SCs are def something we want to penalize
Ahahahaha
Is this a late april's fools joke meme lives!

How about you just delete scs at this point. Don't let them suffer.

Ads
Arthem

Post#32 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:57 am

Whats next, we putting resources on objective flags to run them back to spawn and avoid enemies too?

Reesh

Post#33 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:58 am

Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:45 am
As Grunbag mentioned we will look over the SH and if they really need more damage after this change we will look into adding more scaling on those abilities. Having to stack 2 25% damage increase tactics is not how something should be.
I will tell you guys straight away - YES, that tree require more base damage on abilities.
Sad thing is now for next 2 months class won't be touched due to "observing how it performs", even though everyone knows it will and is bad.

At least make so, masterful aim tactic converts ballistic from it to strenght, if the msh wants to slot a 4th damage increasing tactic - as currently there is no real 4th damage boosting one.

Kasic

Post#34 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:00 pm

So ultimately in the long run, premades, people who take the initiative to form a group, get coordinated, perhaps use voice comms to better improve group play, get penalized at the expense of these new changes?

I personally am not a fan of completely dominating and pug stomping the opposition in scenarios, there is nothing more fun then a balanced back-and-forth scenario where the victory could go either direction after a long fought out fight, comprised of both the PvP and PvE elements (kills and objectives). But I honestly don’t see the rationale in reducing bonus rewards for the dominating faction.

The frequency of scenario pop rates, especially whilst Forts are on, are low enough as it is. In addition, scenario rewards for most classes are pretty much subpar compared to what you can achieve in both RvR and PvE. If there are certain people or groups as Natherul stated in scenarios telling people to just farm, why not just punish them exclusively, rather then punish the vast majority of the WAR player base who take part in both the objective and skirmish element.

The direction of this change seems completely counter-productive to encouraging group play – i.e. if you form a strong premade and end up pug stomping (which is what tends to occur 90% of the time), then you won’t get bonus rewards – even though the whole concept of a scenario is based around group play – relying on your team to organize and overcome the opposition, alongside doing the objective to claim victory. If anything, there should be more incentives to reward group play? – The more organized you are, the higher the chance of success – hodor.

If this is the aim of what we’re going for, then I agree with Aqualice, why not just turn all the scenario’s into pug scenarios only?

Onemantankwall

Post#35 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:00 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:14 am
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:58 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:52 am

Well, you don't: you join a SC, get a feel for your opposition, ascertain whether or not you'll be able to kill them, and keep the Objective in mind while you fight.

If the enemy gets completely dominated in the actual PvP engagements, and end up staying in Warcamp - that isn't your problem, and nor should you be penalised for putting them into that situation by outplaying them.
I guess if you have them so outplayed it's not going to be a problem to spare 1-2 people to handle those objectives.
Not sure if you got my point, so I'll explain it a bit more clearly:

1) You join a SC as a premade, and find yourself up against pugs (which is what happens 99% of the time)
2) You do the Objective, all the while destroying the enemy in the PvP engagements: for example, you are doing Phoenix Gate, picking up the Flag and running it while disposing of the enemy; you cap Logrin's Forge parts, kill the enemy, and keep the Objectives capped every 30 seconds.
3) The enemy end up AFKing in the WC, Domination kicks in, and you now leave the SC with less emblems than you would have got had you not dominated them.

It's counter-intuitive, and deters premades from even killing their opposition (aka doing PvP) - lest they end up triggering the Domination mechanic and leaving the SC with less emblems (lol).

It seems to me that you want premades to run the Objectives, uncontested, back-to-back, while the enemy AFKs in the WC. Pretty sadistic tbh :lol:

@Targhor

Sorry, but if you get outplayed consistently and don't do anything about it, that is your problem; the people doing the outplaying (be it either PvP or objective-based - or both) shouldn't be penalised to appease you.
Wasnt you the one basically demanding shorter scs so you can farm more pugs 99% of the time (your number)????
They shorten it like you wanted and u still throw a hissy tsk tsk...
and dont you have every sc wep/armor piece in the game from years of farming pugs 99% (once again your numbers) of the time?
Cant complete simple objectives? Sounds like a L2P ;) issue but ofc you outplay everyone (chuckles)
Last edited by Onemantankwall on Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

rmpl

Post#36 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:01 pm

Onemantankwall wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:00 pm Wasnt you the one basically demanding shorter scs so you can farm more pugs 99% of the time (your number)???? They shorten it like you wanted and u still throw a hissy tsk tsk... and dont you have every sc wep/armor piece in the game from years of farming pugs 99% (once again your numbers) of the time? Cant complete simple objectives? Sounds like a L2P ;) issue but ofc you outplay everyone (chuckles)
Why are you seething so much?

oaliaen

Post#37 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:02 pm

time of sc farm has ended. thx devs

Ravai

Post#38 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:02 pm

Avoiding pvp in scs, I'm not sure I read it correctly, you want people to stop killing eachother in a pvp game and run an objective or sit afk on a flag instead? I wouldn't believe it unless I read it myself... oh dear xD

You've already fixed every PQ in the game, surely people can go do those if they want to pve at this point.
Gitrate - Rysto - Nuclearpotato - Tato - Billsmith - Avgor - Svarz - Svz - Dug - Mrglass - Ravz - Ripgor

Ads
Onemantankwall

Post#39 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:06 pm

rmpl wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:01 pm
Onemantankwall wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:00 pm Wasnt you the one basically demanding shorter scs so you can farm more pugs 99% of the time (your number)???? They shorten it like you wanted and u still throw a hissy tsk tsk... and dont you have every sc wep/armor piece in the game from years of farming pugs 99% (once again your numbers) of the time? Cant complete simple objectives? Sounds like a L2P ;) issue but ofc you outplay everyone (chuckles)
Why are you seething so much?
More of a "I told you so" moment when i stated to "watch what you wish for" in that thread
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#40 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:08 pm

SCs are objective based. Why do you think you should win a scenario by kills alone? Because to me thats an outright fallacy