Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ReturnOfReckoning
Staff

Patch Notes 07/03/2020 - Return to Nordland

Post#1 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:01 am

Hotfix #2
Spoiler:

- Fixed a thread syncing issue that caused lag under certain circumstances.
- Fixed bolster of players under lvl 40

[City Siege]

- Increased the time it takes for warlords to take flags in stage 2, from 30s to 50s.
- Warlords are no longer able to take flags after stage 2 has ended.
Hotfix #1
Spoiler:

- Performance optimizations

[Tome of Knowledge]

- Implemented the titles for unlocking certain numbers of tome unlocks (25, 100, 777, 2000 & 5000)
- Implemented the titles for total influence gained

[Live Event - Return to Nordland]

Nordland has been recently overrun with Destruction pillaging their lands. Hunderds of Greenskins, Chaos and Dark Elves have swarmed New Emskrank, Festenplatz and The Nordland XI. Reinforcements of Dwarves, Emprie and High Elves have joined the defence from the town of Grimmenhagen.

Earn event influence by participating in Open Realm vs Realm activity in Nordland and Norsca. Participate in battles in the Beachhead of Nordenwatch. You must defeat your enemies, who no doubt are trying to take advantage of this important moment.

- Basic Reward: [Banner of WAR]
- Advanced Reward: [Shawl of Reckoning]
- Elite Reward: [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?] [You callin' me Chicken?]

(New Players: To see the Live Event, go to your Tome of Knowledge -> at the bottom Live Events)

The Live Event will conclude on the 15th March.

[Return to Nordland - Debolstering Stress Test]

We've made a ton of optimizations in the hotfix on 07/03/2020, and we'd really like to test them out to their limits.

We'll be enabling Debolstering in T1 for the duration of the Return to Nordland live event.
As there might be some questions about how Debolstering works, here is a pretty good explanation:

-Players can, for the duration of the live event, enter a T1 RvR lake and not receive a chicken debuff.
-While in the RvR lake, your abilities, stats, and combat calculations consider you effectively level 15.
-You can use any tactic or ability while in T1. You will not have enough mastery points to get a tactic or ability from mastery, so this shouldn't be an issue.
-Renown gains from Debolstered players are disabled. You will, however, receive XP/INF from them.
-We reserve the right to cancel the stress test at any point.

Debolstering only happens when you meet certain conditions:

- You must have no items higher than level 15 equipped.
- You must have no more than 3 career points invested.
- You must have no more than 15 renown points invested.
- You must not have any talismans slotted in the gear you are wearing.

Exceeding any of those conditions will result in a Chicken debuff being applied to your character automatically.

[New Players]

- Dwarfs, Greenskins, High Elves and Dark Elves will now start on their original starting area.

[Public Quests]

- [11444] [12685] [15817] [15815] - If an objective is killed by an NPC instead of a player it will now count towards the PQ objective anyway.

[Quests]

- Reduced the time in which Game Objects can be looted.
- Blighted Hopes: You will now have to collect some Tainted Grain Samples from the Plagued Farmers
- Supply Lines: This quest will now be completed by participating in any stage of the PQ 'Raven Host Vanguard'
- Promise of Power: This quest will now be completed by participating in any stage of the PQ 'Ruinous Powers'
- Blight Thorn: This quest is now available from the Blight Thorns in Troll Country

[Tickets]

[15855] The quest marker has been corrected
[15866] The Twisted Marshfangs in Troll Country will now correctly count as wolves ; the ones found in Marshes of Madness will correctly be spiders and count as it

[Fortresses]

- Some optimizations of the packet handling for sending fort and flag state to clients.

[Guild]

- Fixed required Guild level to use standards so they match up to the 'Guild Rewards' tab.

[City Siege]

- Fixed an issue which casused you to be teleported to your racial starting area when a City Siege had ended.

Ads
sancra

Re: Patch Notes 07/30/2020 - Return to Nordland

Post#2 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:10 am

Please fix the date of the post, I'm old enough =D

phononHYPE

Post#3 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:10 am

While in general I love this idea, as I have hoarded items that go back to this range, the talisman penalty is rough. Having some level 12 shoulders with a good tali slotted shouldn't be a complete deal breaker. Perhaps just 1/2 bonus from talisman slotted?

Ah well, lets go storm some beaches...
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Oldneko

Post#4 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:12 am

i want fix too much dc playing sc and being got quitter before stress test :roll:

adapter
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 30/07/2020 - Return to Nordland

Post#5 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:16 am

AWESOME!!!
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Grimson

Post#6 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:21 am

-While in the RvR lake, your abilities, stats, and combat calculations consider you effectively level 15.
-You can use any tactic or ability while in T1. You will not have enough mastery points to get a tactic or ability from mastery, so this shouldn't be an issue.
-Renown gains from Debolstered players are disabled. You will, however, receive XP/INF from them.

So whats the incentive to do T1? If 40 already XP means nothing, And why do i care about T1 INF?

EDIT: And im T1 so i get ... 1 tactic slot?

phononHYPE

Post#7 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:27 am

Grimson wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:21 am -While in the RvR lake, your abilities, stats, and combat calculations consider you effectively level 15.

So whats the incentive to do T1? If 40 already XP means nothing, And why do i care about T1 INF?

EDIT: And im T1 so i get ... 1 tactic slot?
There is the item slot with stats (above head in paperdoll) that is nice, and just in time for xmas one to expire. Also, if your a collector, there are some T1 kill player quests that can be done.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Grimson

Post#8 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:35 am

This would be cool... -You can use any tactic or ability while in T1... If it wasnt followed by this ..You will not have enough mastery points to get a tactic or ability from mastery, so this shouldn't be an issue.

Initialy makes it sound like T1 players can use Get to the Choppa, Pounce, Rampage

Ads
StrongUn

Post#9 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:48 am

Cool!

BTW... x2 Dungeons influence too?

Grimson

Post#10 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:47 am

T1 goes by so fast, why not bolster everyone to 16+ so they see what is going to be like in what 2 days it takes to get out of T1.