Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 28/03/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Nefarian78

Re: Patch Notes 28/03/2020

Post#51 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:05 pm

There's def something wrong with fall damage. it's tuned way too high.

jumping off the Monolith (Not the Apex) in IC deals almost 5k damage.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ads
nat3s

Post#52 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:09 pm

The mara changes are odd, it cannot burst like an aSW or WL, it cannot aoe like a slayer or WL, has less WB utility than a WL and cannot solo roam like an aSW, WL or dps AM. What is its role? Jack of all trades master at none? WL is super popular for a reason, it just shreds in most areas of the game... I'm not calling for another WL nerf, i think we need the Mara to be equally cool. I remain to be convinced gutting its morale play will do that.

It's a curious direction for the game. People flocking to Order for their favourable mirror match ups. Destro getting stomped in t2-4 scenarios making the pop even more lopsided (love to see the metrics on t2 scenarios). With the nerf to Destro morale drain play the BW / WL / Slayer combo, which do considerably more bomb pressure (the counter was always Destro morale play) are just going to dominate, surely?

Can we get some insight as to what the longterm goal is here? With all the money that the devs commit to server resources, they clearly want a balanced, fun, popular game, but keeping Order as powerful as they are whilst they are also the most populated side is a risk to the longevity of this place.
Last edited by nat3s on Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Sulorie

Post#53 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:12 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:05 pm There's def something wrong with fall damage. it's tuned way too high.

jumping off the Monolith (Not the Apex) in IC deals almost 5k damage.
Because falling down 6+ meters is supposed to be healthy?
When you drop down somewhere, don't press jump, it reduces the damage greatly.
Dying is no option.

CountTalabecland

Post#54 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:20 pm

Spoiler:
nat3s wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:09 pm The mara changes are odd, it cannot burst like an aSW or WL, it cannot aoe like a slayer or WL, has less WB utility than a WL and cannot solo roam like an aSW, WL or dps AM. What is its role? Jack of all trades master at none? WL is super popular for a reason, it just shreds in most areas of the game... I'm not calling for another WL nerf, i think we need the Mara to be equally cool. I remain to be convinced gutting its morale play will do that.

It's a curious direction for the game. People flocking to Order for their favourable mirror match ups. Destro getting stomped in t2-4 scenarios making the pop even more lopsided (love to see the metrics on t2 scenarios). With the nerf to Destro morale drain play the BW / WL / Slayer combo, which do considerably more bomb pressure (the counter was always Destro morale play) are just going to dominate, surely?

Can we get some insight as to what the longterm goal is here? With all the money that the devs commit to server resources, they clearly want a balanced, fun, popular game, but keeping Order as powerful as they are whilst they are also the most populated side is a risk to the longevity of this place.
Is your take away from the last 6 months on this server that destro is somehow in trouble?

Where were you for the months of Order having 100+ AAO permananty from November-March?

Also Destro seems to be getting by fine with Choppa Pull and melee Squig, now they can’t just negate Order from having morales. How will you ever survive?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

zulnam

Post#55 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:45 pm

nat3s wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:09 pm The mara changes are odd, it cannot burst like an aSW
:lol: :lol: :lol:
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

nat3s

Post#56 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:49 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:20 pm
Spoiler:
nat3s wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:09 pm The mara changes are odd, it cannot burst like an aSW or WL, it cannot aoe like a slayer or WL, has less WB utility than a WL and cannot solo roam like an aSW, WL or dps AM. What is its role? Jack of all trades master at none? WL is super popular for a reason, it just shreds in most areas of the game... I'm not calling for another WL nerf, i think we need the Mara to be equally cool. I remain to be convinced gutting its morale play will do that.

Is your take away from the last 6 months on this server that destro is somehow in trouble?

Where were you for the months of Order having 100+ AAO permananty from November-March?

Also Destro seems to be getting by fine with Choppa Pull and melee Squig, now they can’t just negate Order from having morales. How will you ever survive?
Last 3 months yes, very much so. How many IC raids compared to Altdorf? How often do destro win zone locks? How often do destro win SCs?

When destro had the higher pop, order had the stronger classes to help keep things relatively even... That's not the case now which is why you're seeing order stomping to IC most days

Do you want people flocking to order? it's not a good design...
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman

Greenbeast

Post#57 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:52 pm

To be honest it's very hard to understand what's the goal of the balancing changes at this moment.
As it is right now order have -
~50% heal buff for a group, that destro can't counter at the same level.
- Superior morale bomb of bright wizard with M4 Burning head, M4 of Kotbs and an ability to pump single target constantly.
- Superior meele dps train that can bring great mobility and insane damage ( when we will see nerf of Armor Penetration for Slayer and Choppa?)
- Superior raw damage output of slayers and bright wizards.

Destro already have difficulties with finishing off targets.
I can see ways to play now and I will adapt to it however I think but the recent changes breaking more things than creating new ways to play.

I fail to understand what win condition a destruction bomb warband has now since enemy will reach M4 Burning Head and M4 Solar Flare in no time now that will deny any bomb potential that destro warband might have had.

nat3s

Post#58 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:02 pm

Respect P&P opinions here, one of the few guilds that knew how to do destro WB morale play.

Bomblings guild must be rubbing their hands right now... Least they won't lose to a destro morale drain again (cant help think that their loss earlier in the week is something to do with this...)

BW does 2x the aoe bomb of a Sorc. Slayer does higher aoe dps than a Choppa... This was because destro had the morale advantage. You're going to need to make serious adjustments to Sorc / Choppa and/or bring Magus bomb potential up to compensate the mara nerf, lest you want order dominating the WB meta...
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman

Ads
thefarthestland

Post#59 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:33 pm

population should never be a reason for any changes in the balance class

no reason for the marauder's "buff" just a "smoke bomb" by the Moral Drain nerf

Marauder has no role in aoe WB

CountTalabecland

Post#60 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:20 pm

nat3s wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:49 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:20 pm
Spoiler:

Last 3 months yes, very much so. How many IC raids compared to Altdorf? How often do destro win zone locks? How often do destro win SCs?

When destro had the higher pop, order had the stronger classes to help keep things relatively even... That's not the case now which is why you're seeing order stomping to IC most days

Do you want people flocking to order? it's not a good design...
LOL No one is flocking to Order. Destro still outnumbers Order in the lakes considerably, and their PuG comp is still waaaay better than Order's 80% rdps and no healers meta.
Last edited by CountTalabecland on Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.