Recent Topics

Ads

Changing in-game resolution caused misplaced buttons and client screen is black after exiting and re-logging in

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
MagicTurtle

Changing in-game resolution caused misplaced buttons and client screen is black after exiting and re-logging in

Post#1 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:43 am

Hi,
I pressed "y" and changed the in-game screen resolution to 1920 x 1080 or something close to that (I can't go back and look at the settings at this time.) I then made a few more changes to setting (ex. changing Self settings) and clicked "Okay." Everything on screen looked about the same but I couldn't click the buttons where they appear to be on screen. The description for the button shows up where it normally shows up when I hover my mouse pointer towards the bottom right half of my screen. I can click and change some settings but the buttons next to "Okay"/for "Okay" do not light up when I moved my mouse anywhere on the screen. I exited the game and pressed connect on the launcher. The RoR client opened up but I got a black screen. I alt+tabbed out and closed the game again. Tried to open it again and same results. I can hear the intro while the screen is black but have no sound afterwards.

I hope this helps and if the staff or community have any questions for me on what happened please post them here on this thread. Thank you!

TLDR: -Misplaced buttons after changing in-game screen resolution. Can change some settings but can't press okay to save them.
-Black screen when trying to reconnect after first changing settings once then exiting the game.

Ads
MagicTurtle

Re: Changing in-game resolution caused misplaced buttons and client screen is black after exiting and re-logging in

Post#2 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:50 am

Update: Right after posting this I closed the launcher and re-opened it. Now it's downloading 535 files.

MagicTurtle

Re: Changing in-game resolution caused misplaced buttons and client screen is black after exiting and re-logging in

Post#3 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:28 am

Update: I can connect to game after files downloaded and everything works fine.

MagicTurtle

Post#4 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:31 am

Update: I can connect to game after files downloaded and everything works fine.