Recent Topics

Ads

Key remap software

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Alexandrielle

Key remap software

Post#1 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:08 am

Hello,
I use a program called ATNSOFT key remapper to change keybinds globally on my pc for my hotkeys. I use it on wow/ff14 no problem but on this server it seems to have no effect and only recognised the original input.
I rebind my middle mouse to either control or alt as a modifier but this server will only recognise middle mouse button in the hotkeys. Has anyone else had success with getting remaps to work or is there anything I can try?
I've tried 32/64bit modes and with admin and nothing seems to work.
Thank you in advance for any help.

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Key remap software

Post#2 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:52 pm

Alexandrielle wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:08 am Hello,
I use a program called ATNSOFT key remapper to change keybinds globally on my pc for my hotkeys. I use it on wow/ff14 no problem but on this server it seems to have no effect and only recognised the original input.
I rebind my middle mouse to either control or alt as a modifier but this server will only recognise middle mouse button in the hotkeys. Has anyone else had success with getting remaps to work or is there anything I can try?
I've tried 32/64bit modes and with admin and nothing seems to work.
Thank you in advance for any help.
I'm not too familiar with key remapping to external software. However, WAR is an extremely old game and likely doesn't support such modern input methods. I know of people who use the Razer Claw keyboards and have worked to bind that, but this is a QWERTY setup.

Typically, you'll want to have all your action bars visible when attempting to bind. You can then remove the visible action bars once it's complete.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Starx

Post#3 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:01 pm

Try Auto Hot Key

Just remember like for any game 1 input = 1 action and your fine.

For your middle mouse thing this should work...

MButton::LAlt
or
MButton::LCtrl

tested these and it worked in my game.

Aetas

Post#4 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:22 pm

Which keys are you rebinding? Modifier keys generally have Alt and Right Alt as separate inputs. I've used that program before since I've had to do it on some games. It just adds registry keys to Windows to rebind them at a low level.