Recent Topics

Ads

Cauldron VOD review and mechanic spotting

Fan art? Some amazing artists in here.
RvR Videos? 6v6 fights? Show off your skills!
Looking to stream the game? We encourage it!
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wonshot

Cauldron VOD review and mechanic spotting

Post#1 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:24 pm

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/462015966

Instead of we start complaining about the Cauldron, and QQ about nerfs. Lets actually try to understand what is going on with this mechanic for the attackers in Fell Landing, and Reikwald fortresses

I tried to go back and rewatch the VOD and learned a few things based on what i saw. Feel free to theorycraft, spot mechanics and let come together as a community to figure this out. It is way more satisfying to learn a pve mechanic and find a solution to dealing with it, than the mechanic getting nerfed and removed imho.

So here is what I have spotted so far:
- Cauldron was ticking for 1282 in this fort (odd number, could be based on Stage 2 performance)
- The damage ticks are not getting mitigated by Tank M4s
- Cauldron is placed in the absolute center of lord's room (scary to get in LoS and even see it)
- It seems to not be linked to when Lord is getting pulled ? needs more data.
- The ticks are coming in often and I saw no patern in when it does double or tripple ticks.

Lets figure this **** out!
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
wonshot

Re: Cauldron VOD review and mechanic spotting

Post#2 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:40 pm

Also so I got footage of the defenders point of view too with commentary:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/462153052##
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO