Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa DPS vs Black ork DPS

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
jsalit5149

Choppa DPS vs Black ork DPS

Post#1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:08 pm

I’ve been leveling a choppa and have been struggling with staying alive. In almost every scenario it’s hit or miss if I get healers that will keep me alive long enough to be any sort of help to the overall group. I’m currently level 21 and want to know if this is a level issue or if choppa will always be super squishy. Should I look into playing 2h BO? They seem to have a lot more survivability and usually out damage me do to them being alive longer than 10 seconds.

Ads
0KungTay0

Re: Choppa DPS vs Black ork DPS

Post#2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:29 pm

My main its choppa and I had to abandon a lot of quests because of the survivability, but you have to keep in mind that choppa its a group character, with a pocket healer or in 6v6 you will outdamage any tank

Ysaran

Post#3 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:57 pm

With a healer and a tank a choppa can outdamage every other class. If to have zero survivability bother you i suggest you to change class now. R40 choppa don't have much more survivability than a R20
Zputadenti

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:43 pm

If you wanna hit em and play a greenskin and more often than not your solo/pugging/not playing with a dedicated party all the time then your better off with a BO

unlike choppa atleast you have some real panic button options in You Wot and Cant hit me and you can still put out nice hits with Gork Smah/Stab yougodder/loudmouth

DokB

Post#5 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:46 pm

Black Orc does good damage for a tank and the damage they can do is tied alongside Blackguard but BO are slightly more single target orientated while BG can pad their numbers with good AoE damage. In fact I would say BO pulls slightly ahead in damage but only due to the inherent nature of procs and the insane damage you can pump out in a GCD with things like Skullthumper.
Choppa damage beats them both however but only if properly supported with guard and heals. If you are more solo in nature I would recommend different classes entirely such as Squig Herder, Mara or WE.

Black Orc comes with LAME tank abilities which relegate you to not just doing bigdick DPS, but also boring things like guard and challenge. I suggest getting rid of these noob skills off your hotbar as this will only slow down your DPS.
Want to PUMP THOSE NUMBERS? Want the secret that the best Black Orc players don’t want you to know? Slot Focussed Offense and take your rightful place at the top of the SC scoreboard. Remember that as long as you’re at the top of the scoreboard, winning/losing doesn’t matter.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

GROTRUK

Post#6 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:01 pm

Roll choppa and spam Slasha.

Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Post#7 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:14 pm

puez te digo ya ke el choppa mientras mas renown mas supervivencia, podez subirle el parreo al maximo y usar las morales 1 defensivas, tenes el escudo de 3600 o el parreo y disrupt por 6 segundos, el parreo podez mezclarlo con la tactica Riposte y poz ya con ezo revientas a cualkiera al mismo tiempo ke evitaz morirte, si tienes un amigo tanke poz ya ahi tenes ke 'acer duo con guarda bien pegao a ti y ya te salvas un monton, apuntale a por ahi de 35 a 50 % de parreo para aguantar ya maz muchachote
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86

Stortz

Post#8 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:27 pm

Choppa has no close in gimmick like mara/WL or WE/WH.
You are pure damage dealer. Don't let the aoe snare, undefendable kd, aoe pull and healing debuff fool you into thinking this is an utility class. It isn't.

My main on Live was a Choppa, went all the way to Sovereign, left the game before they introduced warpforged. Let me tell you this: Choppa is about timing, you need to be precise and efficient. It takes time to get used to (and involves dying thousands of times), might not be for you if it bothers, there were times where I really doubted the effectiveness of Choppa.

The selling point is that you outdamage everything. I mean every class. Once you master it, SORC/BW damage is pathetic compared to yours. I've done premades in Iron Rock circa 2010 where my single target savage/hitta had 15+ DBs with close to 300k damage, out damaging the most offensive BW/sorc. You can't really compare it to here, no Tyrant/ DP/ warlord gear with LoTD weapons, abilities are scaled differently, balance, etc.

My point is, do you want a killing machine, true glass cannon? Choppa/ Slayer is your best bet.

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#9 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:09 am

You need to get in voice comms with a tank and healer that hug you tightly and learn when to run from a fight before it gets ugly. Figure that out and you'll be a choppin machine.

Wiede

Post#10 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:09 am

Same with my choppa...

I thought choppa is just bad but then i got in a PUG with a guard and awesome heal.

The DPS was unreal and i was first place in dmg and kills with a huge gap to 2nd.

Next round i was solo again... total bullshit.

Never thought choppa is THAT group dependent... but he **** is.

As i'm a fully PUG player, im abandoning my choppa after that for a while and playing something else.