Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa's problems

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ysaran

Re: Choppa's problems

Post#71 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:43 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:35 pm
Ysaran wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:57 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:13 pm Do we even need it to be crit? Is it necessary for YGS to stay the same concept as it is?

What if when your attacks is get defended you ignore a low amount of armor for a 2-3 seconds like 200-300 armor in a similar way to Mara impale

Would you use this tactic over BF, DWLF, DB and SYG I don’t know
Aoe armor debuff would be op since the ones which parry/block are tanks.
But I get your point, so what about a parry+block debuff? Like 7% or something like that, like SH's one
Would step on drop da basha’s toes a bit but it would give choppa some utility that would make them more desirereable for an outside of GTTC
Not as much as Rampage :lol:.
Joke apart: the point is exactly that Choppa have to team up with someone to have access to an armor debuf, either way it would have too much utility. In addition this would basically be an aoe armor debuff
Zputadenti

Ads
mubbl

Post#72 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:48 pm

Ysaran wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:06 pm YGS is bad because other tactic grants you higher damage bonus and thus YGS dont worth a slot. in addition in large scale is pointless to take healdebuf and other path of da savege abilities dont deal much damage. in addtion if you are in large scale is useless to use a ST ability (even with 100% crit chance) instead of an aoe ability that can do up to 1k damage to up to 9 ppl.
if you are in small scale ability like flanking or stab you gooder will grant you much more substained damage considered that most of the time you try to hit ppl from side/behinde. hitting ppl from side/behinde prevent them to parry/block and thus YGS will never proc.

Chop Fasta isnt bad, but it dont woth a mastery point. in both smallscale and largescale is more convenient to take a BO since WAAAAGH deal aoe damage, aoe decrease corp resist, increase party AA speed and deacrease party CD by 5s.
the problem with chop fasta is that it isn't comparable with niether WAAAAGH nor shatter limbs.
easiest soluton would be to add a damage component to chopa fasta.
-Eh not enough dmg bonus? What kind of tactic gives you 50% dmg? Even it is just for 2 hits?
-What are large scale battles for you? Its clear more then 24v24 or 24vs48+ st is not worth it but so is whole mara/sorc set up and basicly its just magus left if you dont use kitting for optimize targets hit. In my op that issue(mega blob i guess) shouldnt be adressed by changing a class.
-1k dmg is either bring it on or a finisher so you need to slot tactics for that too, or you lose class advantage
-yah hitting **** in the back makes rampage for eg worthless, it is dictated by your play style, still not prevent you to "force" ygs and if you wanna go for that you take flanking, but you can use both. If you mean with large scale battle 48+ it is also worthless. Also i gave you set up scenario how to use ygs and you just ignore it :D
-yes it wont proc from behind, but thats the "skill factor" or you can put old 160 ini debuff on crit there and enjoy asw 3.0
- yes 250 aoe dmg on crit only based on enemys ini...its not like bo wanna slot anything else there(choice:wounds toughnes snare/build up, block, block/parry). Additional effects like aa dmg and corp resi debuff are nice, but as i mentioned it is a bit off a nice role without additional draw backs. Dmg would be nice but then you need target or it is aoe. Also it is "just" 9 points on demand ability.
How do you see choppas roll in wb?
In my op it is some aoe dmg preassure, till you find your week target( lucky crits, his unlucky defensivs what so ever) and then finish him off in st. With garantit crit and crit dmg and "third ap pot" you have a really good set up for this.
For eg 24v24 get a healer down equals 12,5 % heal lose which will basicly kill the grp->kill the wb if 24vs24 what the game is made for, isnt it?

Ysaran

Post#73 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:24 am

mubbl wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:48 pm -Eh not enough dmg bonus? What kind of tactic gives you 50% dmg? Even it is just for 2 hits?
it doesn't matter how much damage bonus it gives you if you cant control when this happen. tactic like Stab you gooder are far more useful since you know that having (at least) +20% crit means that on 5 hit 1 will have 25% bonus damege and thus stab you gooder increase your medium damage by 5%. you cant do this kind of reasoning on YGS for two reason: first it work only on 3 core ability and not on all, second you cant control when enemy will parry/block. mathematically YGS increase your medium damage by less than 1%.
mubbl wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:48 pm -What are large scale battles for you? Its clear more then 24v24 or 24vs48+ st is not worth it but so is whole mara/sorc set up and basicly its just magus left if you dont use kitting for optimize targets hit. In my op that issue(mega blob i guess) shouldnt be adressed by changing a class.
choppa to be competitive in large scale need to slot at least: I'm da biggest (+160 wounds), the aoe damage cap increaser, Dont wanna live foreva and stab you gooder/jagged edge/brute force/flanking/wot rules?. there is no place for YGS as it is now, considered the medium damage increase it mean (less than +1%).

mubbl wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:48 pm -1k dmg is either bring it on or a finisher so you need to slot tactics for that too, or you lose class advantage
that's true, but as i said before choppa already have planty of tactic to choose from, and all of them increase medium aoe damage while YGS increase only ST damgae and not in significative way.
mubbl wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:48 pm -yah hitting **** in the back makes rampage for eg worthless, it is dictated by your play style, still not prevent you to "force" ygs and if you wanna go for that you take flanking, but you can use both. If you mean with large scale battle 48+ it is also worthless. Also i gave you set up scenario how to use ygs and you just ignore it :D
as i said before: you dont have enough tactict slot to slot both YGS and Flanking. in addition: is better to hit 2 time with +15% damage (only flanking) or to hit 1 time with +72.5% damage?
mubbl wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:48 pm -yes it wont proc from behind, but thats the "skill factor" or you can put old 160 ini debuff on crit there and enjoy asw 3.0
no one talked about a new ini debuff
mubbl wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:48 pm - yes 250 aoe dmg on crit only based on enemys ini...its not like bo wanna slot anything else there(choice:wounds toughnes snare/build up, block, block/parry). Additional effects like aa dmg and corp resi debuff are nice, but as i mentioned it is a bit off a nice role without additional draw backs. Dmg would be nice but then you need target or it is aoe. Also it is "just" 9 points on demand ability.
ability like WAAAGH and Chopa fasta are usefull only on coordinated setup, to better let your party bomb enemies. in this set up is better to take a BO which can resist damage on to bring a squishy choppa? the CD decrease need to be used by a reliable character not by one which will by on constant enemy focus. damage component of Chop fasta should be aoe for 2 reason: first to be inline with shatter limb, second because it's in an aoe tree and would be super weird to have a ST ability here.
mubbl wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:48 pm How do you see choppas roll in wb?
In my op it is some aoe dmg preassure, till you find your week target( lucky crits, his unlucky defensivs what so ever) and then finish him off in st. With garantit crit and crit dmg and "third ap pot" you have a really good set up for this.
For eg 24v24 get a healer down equals 12,5 % heal lose which will basicly kill the grp->kill the wb if 24vs24 what the game is made for, isnt it?
still have no sense to slot YGS since to find weak target you need fisrt to be able to apply pressure. to chose YGSinstead of others tactic mean to reduce aoe pressure and thus you will never find weak target
Zputadenti

mubbl

Post#74 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:04 am

Spoiler:
Ysaran wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:24 am
mubbl wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:48 pm -Eh not enough dmg bonus? What kind of tactic gives you 50% dmg? Even it is just for 2 hits?
it doesn't matter how much damage bonus it gives you if you cant control when this happen. tactic like Stab you gooder are far more useful since you know that having (at least) +20% crit means that on 5 hit 1 will have 25% bonus damege and thus stab you gooder increase your medium damage by 5%. you cant do this kind of reasoning on YGS for two reason: first it work only on 3 core ability and not on all, second you cant control when enemy will parry/block. mathematically YGS increase your medium damage by less than 1%.
mubbl wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:48 pm -What are large scale battles for you? Its clear more then 24v24 or 24vs48+ st is not worth it but so is whole mara/sorc set up and basicly its just magus left if you dont use kitting for optimize targets hit. In my op that issue(mega blob i guess) shouldnt be adressed by changing a class.
choppa to be competitive in large scale need to slot at least: I'm da biggest (+160 wounds), the aoe damage cap increaser, Dont wanna live foreva and stab you gooder/jagged edge/brute force/flanking/wot rules?. there is no place for YGS as it is now, considered the medium damage increase it mean (less than +1%).

mubbl wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:48 pm -1k dmg is either bring it on or a finisher so you need to slot tactics for that too, or you lose class advantage
that's true, but as i said before choppa already have planty of tactic to choose from, and all of them increase medium aoe damage while YGS increase only ST damgae and not in significative way.
mubbl wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:48 pm -yah hitting **** in the back makes rampage for eg worthless, it is dictated by your play style, still not prevent you to "force" ygs and if you wanna go for that you take flanking, but you can use both. If you mean with large scale battle 48+ it is also worthless. Also i gave you set up scenario how to use ygs and you just ignore it :D
as i said before: you dont have enough tactict slot to slot both YGS and Flanking. in addition: is better to hit 2 time with +15% damage (only flanking) or to hit 1 time with +72.5% damage?
mubbl wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:48 pm -yes it wont proc from behind, but thats the "skill factor" or you can put old 160 ini debuff on crit there and enjoy asw 3.0
mubbl wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:48 pm - yes 250 aoe dmg on crit only based on enemys ini...its not like bo wanna slot anything else there(choice:wounds toughnes snare/build up, block, block/parry). Additional effects like aa dmg and corp resi debuff are nice, but as i mentioned it is a bit off a nice role without additional draw backs. Dmg would be nice but then you need target or it is aoe. Also it is "just" 9 points on demand ability.
ability like WAAAGH and Chopa fasta are usefull only on coordinated setup, to better let your party bomb enemies. in this set up is better to take a BO which can resist damage on to bring a squishy choppa? the CD decrease need to be used by a reliable character not by one which will by on constant enemy focus. damage component of Chop fasta should be aoe for 2 reason: first to be inline with shatter limb, second because it's in an aoe tree and would be super weird to have a ST ability here.
still have no sense to slot YGS since to find weak target you need fisrt to be able to apply pressure. to chose YGSinstead of others tactic mean to reduce aoe pressure and thus you will never find weak target
its a proc fsihing build, so not a bomb one. If the enemy just speced rr til 17% parry you have 9*17% that a parry will happen. Also you can survive pressure, cause if you dont slayer cant too. since you dont have to do all dmg allone you will always find weakend targets. Chopp fasta is longer duration then shaterlimbs atm. you can counter sl and then have 10 secs to utilize your advantage.
i just see 2 tactics set in stone that are brute force and dwlf. rest is demanded on situtation and playstyle.
ps. pls dont manipulate condiditons for theory, like you did with flanking example. if i slot ygs do i just have one attack and then stop? there for it is 2*1,15<(1*1+1*1,5) if considered its the last sec on ygs proc.

Ysaran

Post#75 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:24 am

mubbl wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:04 am
Spoiler:

its a proc fsihing build, so not a bomb one. If the enemy just speced rr til 17% parry you have 9*17% that a parry will happen. Also you can survive pressure, cause if you dont slayer cant too. since you dont have to do all dmg allone you will always find weakend targets. Chopp fasta is longer duration then shaterlimbs atm. you can counter sl and then have 10 secs to utilize your advantage.
i just see 2 tactics set in stone that are brute force and dwlf. rest is demanded on situtation and playstyle.
ps. pls dont manipulate condiditons for theory, like you did with flanking example. if i slot ygs do i just have one attack and then stop? there for it is 2*1,15<(1*1+1*1,5) if considered its the last sec on ygs proc.
suppose to be slotting both flanking and YGS:
YGS apply only on next attack after the parry (due to gcd) and thus to "force" YGS activation you need that one of your attack be parried, thus on 2 attack the first will be parried (and thus deal no damage) while the second will deal (damage*1.5*1.15) (because it's a crit due to YGS) so on 2 attack you deal damage*1.75 (first parried and second flanking+YGS). while slotting flanking on 2 attack done behinde enemy you will deal (damage*1.15)+(damage*1.15)=(2*1.15*damage)=(2.3*damage).
this mean that to "force" YGS activation use useless, it's more convenient to slot flanking and try to hit ppl behinde.
now, if YGS is so useful iyo, i suppese you slot it and so i would like to know: which tactic do you slot on your choppa other then YGS?
Zputadenti

mubbl

Post#76 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:41 am

Spoiler:
Ysaran wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:24 am
Spoiler:

YGS apply only on next attack after the parry (due to gcd) and thus to "force" YGS activation you need that one of your attack be parried, thus on 2 attack the first will be parried (and thus deal no damage) while the second will deal (damage*1.5*1.15) (because it's a crit due to YGS) so on 2 attack you deal damage*1.75 (first parried and second flanking+YGS). while slotting flanking on 2 attack done behinde enemy you will deal (damage*1.15)+(damage*1.15)=(2*1.15*damage)=(2.3*damage).
this mean that to "force" YGS activation use useless, it's more convenient to slot flanking and try to hit ppl behinde.
now, if YGS is so useful iyo, i suppese you slot it and so i would like to know: which tactic do you slot on your choppa other then YGS?
okay my bad, thought we take aoe first for trigger.
bf, dwlf, ygs and either riposte, flanking, syg, idb, wr or rgf depens on what i wanna play.

Ysaran

Post#77 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:37 am

mubbl wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:41 am
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Np, it's hard to explain well on forum :lol:.
mubbl wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:41 am bf, dwlf, ygs and either riposte, flanking, syg, idb, wr or rgf depens on what i wanna play.
Using YGS dont you have problems with ICD and CC? I tried many times to use it but I never manage to hit with YGS buff active, fight aren't stationary and all path of savage abilities have 5ft range (in addition they deal low damage).
The problem with YGS (and Slayer's fierce might) is that It work only in situation the you hope never happen (like parry and having low hp). Such situation are basically random and you have no control on them
Zputadenti

mubbl

Post#78 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:41 pm

Spoiler:
Ysaran wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:37 am
mubbl wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:41 am
Spoiler:
Np, it's hard to explain well on forum :lol:.
mubbl wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:41 am bf, dwlf, ygs and either riposte, flanking, syg, idb, wr or rgf depens on what i wanna play.
Using YGS dont you have problems with ICD and CC? I tried many times to use it but I never manage to hit with YGS buff active, fight aren't stationary and all path of savage abilities have 5ft range (in addition they deal low damage).
The problem with YGS (and Slayer's fierce might) is that It work only in situation the you hope never happen (like parry and having low hp). Such situation are basically random and you have no control on them
does ygs an internal cd? never realized it. maybe 5 sec?...you know keep on chopping :D
Ya it was a totaly new game style realy actionpact for me like meele fight, constant new positioning on field for procs kills/preasure and aggro eavade+ guard range. but if you can hit some mdps/tanks with aoe, parry/block almsot happens everytime. have to admit my gear is a bit off atm but old expirence showed with good gear its damn effective and really funny. not like the: i do just aoe spam 1 2 3.
cc happens of course but its more sad i use channeling spells to trigger aoe. gtdc can give you nice targets and with git stuck in and with oathstone tome rings you have nice aa-speed too. hd + gfdss both crit and some aa luck for crits do realy good dmg. with woot rules you can also use a kd.

Ads