Recent Topics

Ads

About DD shamans

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
mpa3b

About DD shamans

Post#1 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:24 pm

I have been playing Warhammer for a very long time, during this time there have been many good ideas for changing the balance, but it hasn’t been without bad ones (the one who does nothing is not mistaken)
as long as I play, destruction players complain about the balance)
Now I, as a player playing more for order, would like to discuss it from the other side.
So SHAMAN
the shaman can at the sametime have on 40rr + 65% damage (50% AM), + 25% to healing (+ 65% when hp is below 25% (also AM), + 240 toughness (0 AM), + 100 intelligence (0 AM) + 30% speed (0 AM)
Singly, I wanted to talk about 30% of the speed (many players of destruction claim that this tactic is not UP) Each player faced a situation when, because of to this tactic, shamans and SH successfully maintained their distance without effort and with high probability I can say that this tactic is 100% shamans and 100% RDD SH
In fact, any Tank and MDD order has no possibility to set against this tactic, besides there is no analogue of this on the side of order.
Furious healing, very high outgoing damage, inability to catch up with this class in miles, 25% to healing and damage for just one point of Mork or Gork slide, and detaunt not interrupted by DOTs IMHO makes this class too much UP.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: About DD shamans

Post#2 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:40 pm

Why are you chatting ****? A DPS Shaman can not put out 'furious healing' as they will be taking 2 tactics that incur negatives to healing output. How often do you see DPS Shamans keeping people alive under pressure? (hint:they don't)

You have a Ranged KD in the SW, Ranged KD from the BW, Pounce from WL, Shadowstep from ASW, Stagger from the RP....I mean the options are there.

Is Run Away! overperforming? Slightly. Is the situation, and realm 'disparity', anywhere near as bad as you have made it out to be? Hell no, and Order have more than enough tools to aid their mobility.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Udachi

Post#3 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:43 pm

I feel that DPS AMs are actually better than shamans. But I do agree that Run Away tactic is pretty OP, may be making it proc only from direct damage could make it a bit more balanced.
Palachi RR7x DPS AM
Crystalmeth RR4x Zeal

mpa3b

Post#4 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:44 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:40 pm Why are you chatting ****? A DPS Shaman can not put out 'furious healing' as they will be taking 2 tactics that incur negatives to healing output. How often do you see DPS Shamans keeping people alive under pressure? (hint:they don't)
Ok,I'll teach you: use next tactic-1.RunAway 2.Divine Fury 3.Ain`t do Yet 4.Nuthin`But Da Waagh and 1 point Waagh of Mork.
You have extra heal,extra dmg and extra speed.
peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:40 pm You have a Ranged KD in the SW, Ranged KD from the BW, Pounce from WL, Shadowstep from ASW, Stagger from the RP....I mean the options are there.
and after all these great abilities the shaman escape off at an increased speed ))

Bozzax

Post#5 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:46 pm

Let me rephrase... to produce any sort of meningsfull burst you need to slot other tactics

Lets look at your super setup anyway
1. 50% tactics is shared with AM - ok?
2. 15% damage with 9/20s uptime or 10% crits 24/7/365.. Get a SM and guess what. Do note that the avsorb lasts about 1-2s if taking damage.
3. RA! Well good tactic ok so is 3600 M1 and then you have the option to slot another off tactic for DD

Etc etc
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

nebelwerfer

Post#6 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:05 pm

Idk why the tactic give you 25% more dmg but 15% less heals. Why not 160 int but reduce wp by 160 so you could actually reach decent strikethrough levels.

After they removed the 25% reduced chance to be blocked / disrupted tactic at 13 point dmg tree they are completely non-viable for utility in RVR.

pity!

Bozzax

Post#7 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:06 pm

25% damage is better :)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

chokeanutsman

Post#8 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:10 pm

DPS Shaman and AM are useless in RvR (because they can't AoE) but at least they can level renown faster than any other healer because they can kinda 1v1 (You can actually get 10k to 15k renowns by yourself if you find and kill the right target).

Ultimately, these classes have to go healer and the only boon they have over other healers is the instant res (which could be insane depending on your comp) and the potential that they can get renown faster than most classes.

These classes are borderline UP for the morale bomb, AoE meta if it wasn't for instant res and having high crit chance for group heals. If you're talking about classes that are "evil" in 1v1s, why don't you look at WE, WH and WL? Destro actually isn't that great in 1v1s unless you're actually bad.

But yeah, DPS Shaman are the least of your worries when Order has BETTER classes for what it does. Literally DPS Shaman can't do anything vs. good 1v1 players in order classes (Because order's knock down/stun burst is better, and AM destroys Shaman in a 1v1 because AM's can actually cleanse Shaman DoTs, Shaman can't cleanse back) and is useless in RvR (Single Target). Why focus a DPS Shaman when a Magus/Sorc/Choppa can destroy you harder in a "team fight?" 40% healing reduction isn't going to "contribute" anything to the team. And that toughness debuff + divine fury + faster Bunch o Waagh combo takes 1 disrupt and you outheal it (even with Gork Sez Stop!).

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Both, AM and Sham, got equally butchered and are pretty balanced. Your comparison is flawed.
Dying is no option.

peterthepan3

Post#10 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:32 pm

mpa3b wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:44 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:40 pm Why are you chatting ****? A DPS Shaman can not put out 'furious healing' as they will be taking 2 tactics that incur negatives to healing output. How often do you see DPS Shamans keeping people alive under pressure? (hint:they don't)
Ok,I'll teach you: use next tactic-1.RunAway 2.Divine Fury 3.Ain`t do Yet 4.Nuthin`But Da Waagh and 1 point Waagh of Mork.
You have extra heal,extra dmg and extra speed.
peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:40 pm You have a Ranged KD in the SW, Ranged KD from the BW, Pounce from WL, Shadowstep from ASW, Stagger from the RP....I mean the options are there.
and after all these great abilities the shaman escape off at an increased speed ))
Only thing you've taught me is what tactics bad DPS Shamans use; 40% more healing under 25%, when you are already using Divine Favor and Touch of Gork, is just herp derp.

Also, DPS Shaman is viable for smallscale, so I would ignore anyone who suggests otherwise.