Recent Topics

Ads

Looking for beginner's guide to Black Ork

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Psychopski
Suspended

Looking for beginner's guide to Black Ork

Post#1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:39 am

I've read though many posts here and searched the web. I've yet to find a detailed post or guide that explains at the most basic level how "da plan" works for someone that's never played a BO.

I understand the basic "set up" combo concept of "da plan" but I'd like to know the most common rotations and very basic set up strats for various situations.

Thanks

Ads
rmpl

Re: Looking for beginner's guide to Black Ork

Post#2 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:38 am

What differentiates good and bad players is their use of this skill:

Your rotation is very situational because you need to decide whether you want to:
a) slow your target -> you use Chaning Da Plan and then slow
b) debuff their armour -> you use Wot Armor? and then Changing Da Plan
c) slow your target AND debuff their armour in the same rotation but if you do what you sacrifice some of the damage. Why? You want to use Changin' Da Plan as soon as possible because, plainly speaking, it increases your overall damage. Usually you want to reach Da Best plan as soon as possible because those abilities do the most damage and cost no AP.

Now that you debuffed the target you need to decide what Da Best Plan ability you gonna use. Most BOs will tell you to use Skull Thumper first always but I disagree with that. There are plenty of scenarios in which using Three Hit Combo will lead to dealing more damage. The rule of the thumb is that if there are no people assisting you or just few (lets say just 2), you will do more damage by using THC but there are exceptions to that. ST does corporeal damage while THC deals physical, that's why it's more reliable to use ST on a heavily armoured enemies.

My rotations usually look like this:

while assisting in a 6v6
armour debuff -> change da plan -> skull thumper -> weapon skill buff -> slow -> thc -> change da plan -> da jibbles -> skull thumper

while 1v1 and in pug scs where people dont assist each other
you wot -> stun -> armour debuff -> changing da plan -> THC -> weapon skill buff -> slow -> skull thumper

Collateral

Post#3 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:51 am

Firstly, get planb addon. It will massively help you with rotations and reduce the amount of keys you have to bind to abilities.

To explain briefly (and simply) how it works: put all your abilities from first plan on one bar, abilities from second plan on second bar, and do the same for third plan. Then as you switch through the plans, your main bar will change abilities according to your plan, so you don't need any other keys really other than those on your first bar (if you want to get more sophisticated you will need a bit more, for taunt/challenge/root etc, but for a start just get used to planb addon).

I recommend to put "changing da plan" on every bar, so no matter your plan, you can always access it (or simply put it on a key you can remember easily). It is quite important to learn switching plans when needed. Remember that when you are in third plan, you will go down to second plan. So it's like this: 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 2 -> 3 and so on if you keep pressing the ability. It's not hard to remember.

Ok now for rotation, it's not complicated really. You start off either with WS buff or armour debuff. There's really not much else you can do (you can use clobber in pve). Armour debuff should be up all the time on your target. In the second plan, you can either go for a slow, a self armour buff (if you have shield, and you should if you're not above 40/40), a kick in the nuts (this also counts as a small interrupt if your enemy is not immune, can be very handy), or big swing (don't use this one too often as it consumes ap very fast). Finally in third plan, the most important ability is skull thumper. This one should also be up all the time on your target. In third plan you can also buff your toughness if you need to, silence a healer or a caster, or use various other abilities that you might have specced, like down ya go, not in da face, tree hit combo (for 2h only) or waaaagh. Basically it is up to you on what you want to do with your plan. Observe your opponent and apply debuffs accordingly. Also, don't forget your own buffs, like armour buff. Get buffhead addon if you don't have it, helps you a lot.

Your warbellows are important as well. Da biggest is your go to bellow, then da greenest and da toughest. Learn to change the bellows according to your situation. When under pressure use da greenest, when fighting use da biggest, and if you want some more hp use da toughest.

Other abilities like taunt, challenge, guard, juggernaut or ya missed are important but don't really have a place on your planb bars. That's because they are situational, and it's best to bind them to their own keys.

BO is not a hard class to play, but when you get more proficient it can be really fun. You just have to remember the rotations and plan switching. Good luck.

Martok

Post#4 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:22 pm

Psychopski wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:39 amLooking for beginner's guide to Black Ork

Here ya' go:

Blame It On My ADD Baby...

haldir45

Post#5 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:31 am

i am searching for a black orc dps build. I think i create one myself

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4488,4483

if you can give me your thoughts and opinions that will be helpful.
Shaman:Snotruk 40/60, Runepriest: Floi 40/48

DokB

Post#6 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:29 pm

haldir45 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:31 am i am searching for a black orc dps build. I think i create one myself

Get rid of Keep It Goin’ and use another tactic instead, Loudmouth if you want more damage or go more defensive with your 160 wounds or 160 toughness tactic.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

haldir45

Post#7 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:18 am

DokB wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:29 pm
haldir45 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:31 am i am searching for a black orc dps build. I think i create one myself

Get rid of Keep It Goin’ and use another tactic instead, Loudmouth if you want more damage or go more defensive with your 160 wounds or 160 toughness tactic.
how exatctly Loudmouth works? you doing 225 damge when you attack him the first time or when you change warcrys??
Shaman:Snotruk 40/60, Runepriest: Floi 40/48

Collateral

Post#8 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:31 am

Loudmouth triggers when your bellow triggers. The best one for this is the biggest since it will trigger often.

Ads
Schmissgesicht

Post#9 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:37 pm

a question regarding loudmouth:

i didnt use it alot so far.
what happens if da biggest triggers multiple times at once in an aoe attack? do i get that dmg for each trigger on my target or is there a cd to this tactic to prevent that?

DokB

Post#10 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:24 pm

Schmissgesicht wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:37 pm a question regarding loudmouth:

i didnt use it alot so far.
what happens if da biggest triggers multiple times at once in an aoe attack? do i get that dmg for each trigger on my target or is there a cd to this tactic to prevent that?
Procs once
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard