Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] Choppa's opinion about Choppa's pull

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Likeaboss

Re: [Choppa] Choppa's opinion about Choppa's pull

Post#121 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:47 am

hmm the uptime of the cooldown affect went from 16.66 to 25%... i think 50% would be to hard for a Dps as 9pt ability...

i'd think about something like "hurtin' time" for that 10 seconds... just on direct dmg abilitys and it doesnt damage your self... Or just hurtin' time doenst dmg you for the next 10s ;)
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#122 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:45 am

Ysaran wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:35 am while we wait for some other (precious) opinion about GTDC i would like to ask you another thing. Most of the choppa would like to see a damage component applied to Chop Fasta and thus the question is: in your opinion how should be this damage component? aoe damage? aoe dot? a damage bonus like shammy's 'Ere We Go? physical? corporeal?
What if instead it worked like the invader proc

Pop CF and for X seconds your AA damage is increased by Y%? I don’t know honestly I got nothing for this one but putting on a new mechanic might nessitate that much like WW CF will need to be made 13 pts and quite frankly I wanted to use this as a suggestion for yer gettin soft that or make it so that with the tactic any time you hit some one with go for da soft spot your WS is increased by X for Y seconds and the affect don’t refresh its self

I don’t think it should do Corp it should be pdps and we don’t need a grp proc we already provide ws buff and aa haste already
Last edited by TenTonHammer on Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

TenTonHammer

Post#123 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:46 am

Likeaboss wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:47 am hmm the uptime of the cooldown affect went from 16.66 to 25%... i think 50% would be to hard for a Dps as 9pt ability...

i'd think about something like "hurtin' time" for that 10 seconds... just on direct dmg abilitys and it doesnt damage your self... Or just hurtin' time doenst dmg you for the next 10s ;)
Hurtin time is a hitta ability so I don’t feel a wrecka ability tree should affect one from hitta

mubbl

Post#124 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:03 am

Likeaboss wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:47 am hmm the uptime of the cooldown affect went from 16.66 to 25%... i think 50% would be to hard for a Dps as 9pt ability...

you mean like tantrum? :geek:

how about chopfasta would remove the dmg penalty from extra choppin? dont know if that would be technical possible
Last edited by mubbl on Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

TenTonHammer

Post#125 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:08 am

So I’ve read your other posts and I want to tell you that your logic makes no sense, because WL has trash WB spec that means choppa should too? The tell you what let’s make it so that choppa can kill almost any one in 3 gcd? Cause that not how this works
Likeaboss wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:25 am
TenTonHammer wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:18 pm and mara the swiss army knife has a variety of debuffs, damage and utility all at once in any one spec yet no one calls them op
That's actually not correct :lol: could read some old forum whines of Order about Mara, but all reactions were the same for years :lol: WL has pounce :P
I don’t really care what the old forums say? The old game was a mess Mara was weak till it got reworked then became super busted near the end of the game due to the PB bug and MSH has pounce too it’s what ever at this point

So let’s look at all the spec styles and you tell me if I’m wrong

Sav monstro: CC, TB, AoE KD, crushing blows, deadly clutch or wave of mutilation

Sav brut: CC, TB, DC, DS, Giouttine, MA, GI

Brut monstro: giouttine, GI, MA, AoE KD, wave of mutilatin, WoT or crushing blows

TenTonHammer

Post#126 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:15 am

mubbl wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:03 am

how about chopfasta would remove the dmg penalty from extra choppin? dont know if that would be technical possible
Extra choppin shouldn’t have a penalty period were already committing a tactic slot to buff just 1 ability

Infact I would go further to say that lotsa choppa in should affect 9 targets off the bat just like basically every other AoE ability and extra choppin should be some new other tactic

Lotsa choppin for all intents and purposes is a meme ability

Likeaboss

Post#127 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:18 am

Just a thought, but yea like tantrum... well but tantrum deals 300 moral dmg.. and lasts for 8 hits,
a skill, i would say is oke deals like about 100 base dmg? so squishies will get hit by perhaps 150 dmg and tank for 50 or so^^^

for AoE that is a lot of damage and kind of negate the dmg reduction on extra choppin^^

mubbl

Post#128 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:32 am

Spoiler:
Likeaboss wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:18 am

Just a thought, but yea like tantrum... well but tantrum deals 300 moral dmg.. and lasts for 8 hits,
a skill, i would say is oke deals like about 100 base dmg? so squishies will get hit by perhaps 150 dmg and tank for 50 or so^^^

for AoE that is a lot of damage and kind of negate the dmg reduction on extra choppin^^
if it will work like other additional dmg, eg procs, it would go through mitigation twice. that will make somewhere between very good (cloth armor) and worthless (heavy armor) in my op. on the other hand choppa dont care much about armor anymore if bis+dps zealot.
also if you take an average of 20%parry on a none tank via rr, this could also help with the rampage gap
Last edited by mubbl on Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Likeaboss

Post#129 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:38 am

Spoiler:
TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:08 am So I’ve read your other posts and I want to tell you that your logic makes no sense, because WL has trash WB spec that means choppa should too? The tell you what let’s make it so that choppa can kill almost any one in 3 gcd? Cause that not how this works
Likeaboss wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:25 am
TenTonHammer wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:18 pm and mara the swiss army knife has a variety of debuffs, damage and utility all at once in any one spec yet no one calls them op
That's actually not correct :lol: could read some old forum whines of Order about Mara, but all reactions were the same for years :lol: WL has pounce :P
I don’t really care what the old forums say? The old game was a mess Mara was weak till it got reworked then became super busted near the end of the game due to the PB bug and MSH has pounce too it’s what ever at this point

So let’s look at all the spec styles and you tell me if I’m wrong

Sav monstro: CC, TB, AoE KD, crushing blows, deadly clutch or wave of mutilation

Sav brut: CC, TB, DC, DS, Giouttine, MA, GI

Brut monstro: giouttine, GI, MA, AoE KD, wave of mutilatin, WoT or crushing blows
Well first, NO when WL has shitty AoE tree, that doesnt mean Choppa must have shitty skilltree too... but when i talk about meele dps with WB AoE spec, i dont count WH/WE.... sure that works fine if played right, but usually the other 4 meeles are more popular for WB's.

you cant say choppa must match Slayer AoE potential, but WL mustn't have any potential in AoE spec...
Unless you are someone who sais, destro can have 2 murderous AoE meel dps and Order can only have 1 cuz he has Rampage...
But i guess you are more clever then that^^

And the thing about the WL, choppa blows up a squishii in +/- "about" the same time as WL, there is biig BUT....

with the pounce, most people are not able to react on it bevor they got silenced or CD'd
meanwhile choppa need to run at target and get blown up, or CC'd or detaunted in that time.

I dont know that you want to tell me by listing the Mara spec's :?: :D
Not that familiar with the sav/mostro one.. but the others are awesome...

Ysaran

Post#130 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:42 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:45 am What if instead it worked like the invader proc
i dont know, to have 2 ignore armor (invader and new CF) would be op? you would have almost 100% armor pen.
TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:45 am Pop CF and for X seconds your AA damage is increased by Y%?
this seems more a ST ability, it would even if it affect all the party. AA doesnt do much damage in the zerg.

suppose to take away the damage penality of Extra Choppin', or even to put the target cap of Lotsa Choppin' to 9, should this apply to slayer too?
Zputadenti