Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] Choppa's opinion about Choppa's pull

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Likeaboss

Re: [Choppa] Choppa's opinion about Choppa's pull

Post#141 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:39 pm

Spoiler:
TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:46 pm
Likeaboss wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:28 pm

But an AA haste tactic for slayer only and a skill for the whole party is not the same :D
So I was waiting for you to perhaps realize the issue with this but dude

Every order mdps already has 50% aa haste

Raising that to 85%, you don’t see an issue with that?

What about stacking 35% aa haste on top of ASW’s assault stance aa haste damage increase and 33% aa haste? The spec is already dam strong in small scale

Come on man

What your asking for is a really bad idea
I'm definitly not asking for that...
Well you should have read more of my posts in this topic... i'm against changes at all which mirrors even more skills and classes, i brought that up because ppl cry about choppa...

And my point is, if it ain't broke dont fix it. in this thread people want a buff for AoE Choppa, give him something like Rampage, ID or other stuff.

So i said clearly ironic, give Rampage to de choppa, but then give Slayer the AA hast skill.
why would you react like you did, if that skill would be useless? it is a good skill which order does not have and you dont want Order to have that. What i say is the over all balance is pretty much oke...
Sure choppa and Slayer are not even in dps and utility, but the same counts for WL/Mara...

I've seen what Torq did to WL... as mine was rr 50, after non stop play for 1 week, the new Guardian patch came out..Tested 10 minuts and stoped playing WL, didnt wanna play fotm **** after stupid patches...

Just scared the same happens on Choppa... ;)

To make my point even more clear, and hopefully as my last post in this topic, since it leads to nothing...

How many times, has the Choosen tactic "crippling strike" been patched... from 25% dmg reduction, to 10%, to a critbuff tactic, and now you have a Runefang tactic :lol:
a popular tank, with a loved tactic, it has been reworked for no reason... but at least they did something..

how about kotbs tactic "destroy confidence"? check WAR wicki -> tactic has been removed. gratz :lol: :lol:
And because it is Order the tactic will not be reworked...

BG: received SM defend skill
WE: received AA haste tactic
SH: pounce
Choosen: Runefang, kotbs like... Oh wait in trade for that Kotbs has got his crit tactics nerfed :D

Now you want to add choppa as well...

could bring that list on and on but why should i? nobody cares, me neither :lol:

Keep up the good work in class changes :lol: :lol:

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#142 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:15 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:11 pm GTDC is about the only "good" thing about their AOE spec. They lack utility toolkit of Mara, don't do as much dmg as Sorc (I play both at high rank) and are squishier than suicidal Sorc or nude WE. (1400 armor with pot coz -50% and barely resis left if debuffed)
So the skill level to "gitgud" is high (or requires extensive carry from good tank+heal), which is about why most Choppas just play for ungabunga armwaving and pulling while having numbers on their side, few months ago it was Order blobbing, now Destro, maybe other way in few months into future.
The pull is annoying from Order pov for sure, but the class itself is also annoying from Destro pov. My organized guild warband (which is now on summer vacation) found it tedious in the first place to include a suicidal mdps with limited utility into the warband setup. (being criticized week after week for bringing Choppa instead of proper WB class like Sorc, eh well, both can melt Order pugs, Sorc just isn't handicapped at sieges and enjoys superior range - on Choppa at keep fight you can just AFK or do cheerleading with emote spam)
The AoE tree itself is kinda full of trash. First tactic is joke, so is 11pts. 5pts ability is big "why" when you have DoK bringing snare covenant, BG and BO also doing potential AoE snares, with less RNG and not requiring rage exhaust. 7pts tactic is kinda must so you can spam your lotsa choppin 24/7. CF! was ruined due to BORK getting CD reducer and losing all pre-existing synergy with Sorc IW bombing. At 13pts is then your "crown jewel" a random AoE pull that does mediocre dmg and mostly grants free immunities. Sure, occasionally you do catch squishies into your bomb, sometimes you just pull a tank or two, and sometimes the BW you pulled ends up killing you. It varies. You have no control over who gets pulled. The 6 sec channel stops AA and AP regen, so meh. It's good ofc in many situations. Don't think it matters much whether it is undefendable or not, Choppa in general remains a bad class for WB use with their current state of AoE tree. (if defendable, and tanks/mdps parry/block it - you'd end up focus pulling rdps/heals, as it is now, totally random, so less chance of guaranteed squishy pull victim)
Would require balance devs to play Choppa, so I don't think any big changes to Choppa AoE tree are coming. And it could be worse always, you could end up like WE without AoE and completely removed from WB gameplay.
Some ideas of mine would be to possibly improve CF! with a dmg component, maybe make GTDC defendable but improve dmg or make it 4s channel not 6s, make 5pts snare actually a credible snare with maybe higher cap but still some randomness etc, or remove dmg reducer from 7pts tactic, and maybe change 11pts and 3pts tactic into something useful that aren't related to suicidal roleplay or soloing in pve for minor extra heal gain if you grinding mobs while leveling...

Runzaway, rr81 Choppa

tdlr; it's kinda dumb and Choppa would need some real rework in their aoe spec
I don't really understand what game you are playing. Choppa is good in warbands. Even in T1/T2/T3 SCs both Slayers and Choppas are near the top of the leaderboards in damage. GTDC is a very powerful skill and makes choppa a very strong class. I agree if you take GTDC away it becomes less useful primarily due to how easy they are to kill.

GTDC is massively useful in seiges as it is currently designed. You can argue there may need some tweaks in GTDC to make it more in spirit of what it is designed for (bring mobs of enemies at random into range of its AoE attacks, not really for use in 1v1 or to drag a specific person into a keep). Maybe reducing the liklihood of a successful pull? Even if it was successful 20% or 30% of the time, it'd still be a nice skill.

I'd be surprised if anybody has tried the single target paths for long periods of time, AoE spec guarantees a top five finish in terms of damage output in an SC leaderboard.

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#143 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:42 pm

Choppa pull is a disgraceful tactic that needs to be removed.

The level of rage about it on the order if fully justified tanks are now irrelevant they get pulled into a group and beat to death.

What are the devs thinking of they will have seriously think about removal. The population will begin to suffer with this skill people will no longer want to play. I for one is seriously thinking of quitting the game until it is changed. It is a complete gamebreaker. Standing behind a tank line and bashing one button is not skill based in any way. I want to thank the dev who thought this would be a good idea. Does he play a choppa by any chance.

Cutabove SM 79rr

Sulorie

Post#144 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:27 pm

madmalky2014 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:42 pm Choppa pull is a disgraceful tactic that needs to be removed.

The level of rage about it on the order if fully justified tanks are now irrelevant they get pulled into a group and beat to death.

What are the devs thinking of they will have seriously think about removal. The population will begin to suffer with this skill people will no longer want to play. I for one is seriously thinking of quitting the game until it is changed. It is a complete gamebreaker. Standing behind a tank line and bashing one button is not skill based in any way. I want to thank the dev who thought this would be a good idea. Does he play a choppa by any chance.

Cutabove SM 79rr
What is the difference between your frontline moving towards the choppa and being pulled to the choppa? The result is the same. When you die as tank by being pulled, you would have died under any other circumstances as well.
Dying is no option.

oaliaen

Post#145 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:38 pm

order cry so much...holy sheetos

Tesq

Post#146 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:34 pm

Spoiler:
Likeaboss wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:39 pm
Spoiler:
TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:46 pm
Likeaboss wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:28 pm

But an AA haste tactic for slayer only and a skill for the whole party is not the same :D
So I was waiting for you to perhaps realize the issue with this but dude

Every order mdps already has 50% aa haste

Raising that to 85%, you don’t see an issue with that?

What about stacking 35% aa haste on top of ASW’s assault stance aa haste damage increase and 33% aa haste? The spec is already dam strong in small scale

Come on man

What your asking for is a really bad idea
I'm definitly not asking for that...
Well you should have read more of my posts in this topic... i'm against changes at all which mirrors even more skills and classes, i brought that up because ppl cry about choppa...

And my point is, if it ain't broke dont fix it. in this thread people want a buff for AoE Choppa, give him something like Rampage, ID or other stuff.

So i said clearly ironic, give Rampage to de choppa, but then give Slayer the AA hast skill.
why would you react like you did, if that skill would be useless? it is a good skill which order does not have and you dont want Order to have that. What i say is the over all balance is pretty much oke...
Sure choppa and Slayer are not even in dps and utility, but the same counts for WL/Mara...

I've seen what Torq did to WL... as mine was rr 50, after non stop play for 1 week, the new Guardian patch came out..Tested 10 minuts and stoped playing WL, didnt wanna play fotm **** after stupid patches...

Just scared the same happens on Choppa... ;)

To make my point even more clear, and hopefully as my last post in this topic, since it leads to nothing...

How many times, has the Choosen tactic "crippling strike" been patched... from 25% dmg reduction, to 10%, to a critbuff tactic, and now you have a Runefang tactic :lol:
a popular tank, with a loved tactic, it has been reworked for no reason... but at least they did something..

how about kotbs tactic "destroy confidence"? check WAR wicki -> tactic has been removed. gratz :lol: :lol:
And because it is Order the tactic will not be reworked...

BG: received SM defend skill
WE: received AA haste tactic
SH: pounce
Choosen: Runefang, kotbs like... Oh wait in trade for that Kotbs has got his crit tactics nerfed :D

Now you want to add choppa as well...

could bring that list on and on but why should i? nobody cares, me neither :lol:

Keep up the good work in class changes :lol: :lol:
because your reasoning in this case dosen't make sense, if you remove something from choppa you give him something else in return..

you then ask to give slayer aa group increase and what slayer should loose? you had alredy pointed out that slayer have a pretty usefull ap group haste in place of aa haste Which in fact is cross mirrored on choppa keep on chopping; plis you alredy have a 50% AA speed tactic; you are against mirroring stuff but you dont know the cross mirroring man

the rampage to choppa is a meme from years ago, we are just waiting it happen to have order realm QQ for 2 weeks so maybe that skill will be brought in line finally.

also:

-kobs dirty trick was granting a 20% crit increase to whole group so 60+ renown points.. of course it has been nerfed ,,,,,,,
-kobs shatter tactic was retarded and killed 1 class what there was to do about it? it was slotted for the solo purpose of roll over shamans. I may understand regarding a replacement, pretty easy to pick ; anti detaunt tactic as BG have. But im not a dev sy.
-BG channeling has been removed luckily , it was horrible; same for kd + speed buff overpowered.
-ch cripple strike wasn't nerfed for no reason there was a stacking issue making order doing 0% dmg output, and tactic was specable also by s+b tanks; the problem of the nerf was that the issue at hand could had been solved with out even rewamp the tactic or the synergy with rending blade in at elast 2-3 diff ways. Instead give more dps to chosen and **** up any 2h wb build.
-sh pounce, what to be said you wanted 3d enviroment movement privilege only for yourself? be thankfull it has not gone on choppa in place of the currently shitty keep on chopping- where it belonged (since sh is cross mirrored with slay aoe wise and wl should be cross mirrored with chopp st wise).

regarding mara vs wl, we made suggestion to buff in diff ways wl aoe builds, wh, and even nerf GoM ( me only)

@other if GTDC have any issue is that it's undefeatable, lots of torque 13pt rework seems made stuff undefeatable; when it cames to CC stuff as pull should never be undefeatable. Problem all lies there.

Dackle

Post#147 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:35 pm

-kobs dirty trick was granting a 20% crit increase to whole group so 60+ renown points.. of course it has been nerfed ,,,,,,,
-kobs shatter tactic was retarded and killed 1 class what there was to do about it? it was slotted for the solo purpose of roll over shamans. I may understand regarding a replacement, pretty easy to pick ; anti detaunt tactic as BG have. But im not a dev sy.

DT was 10%, yeah the DEADLY shatter tactic... meanwhile people run around with 3,4,5 blessing enchantments on them which render them virtually unkillable unless 12 v. 1.

A perfect example of "nerfing" that creates other cascading issues. Most of this "imbalance" was noticed and handled live, but most of this community thinks they are greater than... Rock Paper Scissors synergy is not as easy as you think. Ripping things out and moving things around have left a mess.

Tesq

Post#148 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:46 pm

Dackle wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:35 pm -kobs dirty trick was granting a 20% crit increase to whole group so 60+ renown points.. of course it has been nerfed ,,,,,,,

DT was 10%, yeah the DEADLY shatter tactic... meanwhile people run around with 3,4,5 blessing enchantments on them which render them virtually unkillable unless 12 v. 1.

A perfect example of "nerfing" that creates other cascading issues. Most of this "imbalance" was noticed and handled live, but most of this community thinks they are greater than... Rock Paper Scissors synergy is not as easy as you think. Ripping things out and moving things around have left a mess.
-no, ignorant fool, 10% general crit both apply to offensive and healign skill of course, so its 10 off crit +10 he crit ( plus before you could also take left mastery crit tactic in s+b for another 10% crit in conjunction so it was 20% off + 10 % heals). Now you take rightly only 10% off or 5% off and 5% heal.

-sy but every healer hot like that why shammy only in whole game should be perma silenced? you understands that that shatter was being perma silenced for a shammy from distance? not even require being melee lol; and it got only slot in sc??? and ther was no coutner play exept not play a shammy????

So much ignorance of some stuff happened here.

Ads
Dackle

Post#149 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:07 am

Tesq wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:46 pm
Dackle wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:35 pm -kobs dirty trick was granting a 20% crit increase to whole group so 60+ renown points.. of course it has been nerfed ,,,,,,,

-no, ignorant fool, 10% general crit both apply to offensive and healign skill of course, so its 10 off crit +10 he crit ( plus before you could also take left mastery crit tactic in s+b for another 10% crit in conjunction so it was 20% off + 10 % heals). Now you take rightly only 10% off or 5% off and 5% heal.

-sy but every healer hot like that why shammy only in whole game should be perma silenced? you understands that that shatter was being perma silenced for a shammy from distance? not even require being melee lol; and it got only slot in sc??? and ther was no coutner play exept not play a shammy????

I tell you what? You want to call me names? Ignorant fool? How about you shut your face and lick my balls? You don't know what the **** you are babbling about...

Tesq

Post#150 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:28 am

Dackle wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:07 am
Tesq wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:46 pm

I tell you what? You want to call me names? Ignorant fool? How about you shut your face and lick my balls? You don't know what the **** you are babbling about...
run you fool !!

if you ignore how something work is not my prob...truth dont care of your feeling, DT give that value to both off crit and heal crit

/cheers