Recent Topics

Ads

[shaman] tips about healing?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
gloryhammer

[shaman] tips about healing?

Post#1 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:17 pm

im having a hard time putting up good numbers on my shaman, i see a lot of shamans doing very well with same kind of gear, what rotation should i use on focused targets? and whats an effective way of healing?

Ads
spiritbull

Re: [shaman] tips about healing?

Post#2 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:39 pm

f*k the numbers, just keep your teammates alive
if you want the numbers, reroll dok or zeal
your job as a healer - to keep people alive, not to get top numbers at score board

zak68

Post#3 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:19 pm

Jabba

Post#4 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:36 pm

It mostly comes down to experience and your ability to evaluate the situation. However, big healing numbers are just as much down to your team as your own ability, your healing numbers are never going to be good if your team is made up of roleplaying choppas who scream "WAAAAAGHH!!" at their monitor/family while running solo into the backline and out of range/los. If you play with people that know where their dcd's are located, know how to position and back out of combat when necessary to allow you time to heal them up, then your numbers will go up massively.

Pre-hot people when possible.

Don't double hot people where you will just be overhealing.

If someone has low health but is under no immediate pressure, don't waste time healing them up to full with single targets while others are about to be beat on, throw a hot on them and let it slowly heal them up and focus on the people who actively need your attention.

Don't refresh hots on people under focus until their health is stable. Exactly the same with long cast heals. There's no point hotting someone/casting group heal/Bigger Better An' Greener if they're dead before the hot ticks or the cast finishes. Spam Gork instead if necessary.

Cancel your long casts if they're no longer the right action. If you're casting a group heal but the people who need the healing move out of range, jump. Dont waste time and ap finishing it.

Don't waste time ressing suicidal people who will just charge straight back in with 30% health and res sickness.
Don't res someone if it means someone else will die because of it, only res when everyone else is pretty much stable.

TL;DR Want big numbers? Hope your team isn't **** and help them not die. Pretty basic stuff really.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

anarchypark

Post#5 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:52 pm

pre HoT. pre casting. pre kiting.
don't wait hp going down.
prepare b4 burst dmg inc with pre HoT.
pre casting when someone is about to be focused.
you need to watch battlefield carefully.

shield at low hp, cleans at every chance,
heal buff to focused target if u specced for it.
moving heal with mechanic.
mix all these for changing situation.

dead healer can't heal.
kite but stay in heal range of front line.
and detaunt.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

BeautfulToad

Post#6 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:37 am

1. Use your big heals on people taking damage
2. Make sure everyone is dotted with heals, that is your heal that heals over time.
3. I think shaman has a tactic slot that has a % chance of doing more healing everytime you directly heal.

shaggyboomboom

Post#7 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:11 am

^ that tactic is dogshit

Finejeez

Post#8 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:48 pm

"Fury of da green" is a phenomenal healing ability. Learn how to play it, and you will get big numbers easily. It's not your cookie-cutter healing spec that almost all shamans spec whatsoever. I spec Fury in SCs, WBs, and Forts -- it's a great group clumping heal or melee train if you will. I have gotten more gold bags than I can handle in fort ever since I moved away from the cookie-cutter build.

Ads