Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] Are they still good with 2 handers?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
anrix

Re: [Chosen] Are they still good with 2 handers?

Post#11 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:02 pm

I do more damage as a discord/corruption than most dread, and my gear is still mid tier. No doubt in my mind that for most RvR and SCs, this is how devs wanted Chosen to be played. They have a ton of feedback damage, and the ability to give their bane shields to everyone around them, along with their flucs auras to their group.

Ads
Ekundu01

Post#12 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:15 pm

Chosen 2handed is not bad but not bursty like the BO. You are more playing the long game vs the short game. You have consistent damage but if you expect to burst someone down in 2secs flat you are picking the wrong class.

You have to use everything you have at your disposal to keep the pressure up (this includes swapping auras when needed). You can debuff a good chunk of your damage skills with the resist aura and resist mitigation is a lot lower compared to armor. Most people are running some form of armor pot or buff so even the light and medium armor classes have decent physical mitigation.

1v1 on all my classes the chosen has been the most fun i have had as a 2handed tank. At the end of the day this is what it is all about. Are you having fun playing it? Then play it. Most classes are done well enough to make most play styles work if you take the time to learn the ins and outs of the class.
Trismack

Onemantankwall

Post#13 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:43 pm

83 chosen main have rolled tanks since live can say from live to ror chosen lost their dps.

Then over time utility/usefulness beyond arua botting has disappeared.

The builds are there ex:(2h ap steal debuffer, anti magic tank, etc) in the trees but the values of the abilitys are too low for use. (Like ap arua + drain tactic is so minimum its unnoticable)

Besides a mostly solid middle tree minus 2 trash tactics in it, the other trees are useless at the moment.

Trash tactics need to be replaced and overall stat numbers in trees need a substantial buff to revive all of the chosens different builds/playstyles.

Ive tested every settup the server provides and giving up shield/block for 2h produces the same dmg as swinging a 1h so why would i give up block when theres no 2h build that makes up utility for lack of dmg or block.

You can go 2h for shits and giggles and ooo shiny big sword but gameplay wise u simply gimp yourself slotting 2h.

Go BO for 2h dmg or bg for 2h utility.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Derandus

Post#14 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:19 am

kuj0jotar0 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:44 am Good for what?

Warbands, duel, solo roaming, 6men, scs solo q, pve?

You need to be more specific.
My apologies! I just meant overall. Like even worth it slightly for anything i just really liked the idea of a 2handed chosen,but i did not want to do it if no one is going to want to party with one

Derandus

Post#15 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:23 am

Onemantankwall wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:43 pm 83 chosen main have rolled tanks since live can say from live to ror chosen lost their dps.

Then over time utility/usefulness beyond arua botting has disappeared.

The builds are there ex:(2h ap steal debuffer, anti magic tank, etc) in the trees but the values of the abilitys are too low for use. (Like ap arua + drain tactic is so minimum its unnoticable)

Besides a mostly solid middle tree minus 2 trash tactics in it, the other trees are useless at the moment.

Trash tactics need to be replaced and overall stat numbers in trees need a substantial buff to revive all of the chosens different builds/playstyles.

Ive tested every settup the server provides and giving up shield/block for 2h produces the same dmg as swinging a 1h so why would i give up block when theres no 2h build that makes up utility for lack of dmg or block.

You can go 2h for shits and giggles and ooo shiny big sword but gameplay wise u simply gimp yourself slotting 2h.

Go BO for 2h dmg or bg for 2h utility.
Thank you very much! this is what i was looking for! i will stick with sword and board

Grock

Post#16 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:24 am

Derandus wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:23 am Thank you very much! this is what i was looking for! i will stick with sword and board
I believe omtw speaking strictly from the perspective of 24man warband play, keep that in mind.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

TenTonHammer

Post#17 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:52 am

Grock wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:24 am I believe omtw speaking strictly from the perspective of 24man warband play, keep that in mind.
If your class/playstyle fails at being viable at all levels of play then its more than fair to say that your spec or class sucks

Regardless of what some people or even the devs say, the concept that "its ok" or acceptable for some classes in this game to be like or be "overtuned"/over compensated for small scale becuase their orvr/WB potential is garbage holds no water

when we have classes like marauader who is strong and viable at every level of play with mutiple spec styles

Onemantankwall

Post#18 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:00 am

Grock wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:24 am
Derandus wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:23 am Thank you very much! this is what i was looking for! i will stick with sword and board
I believe omtw speaking strictly from the perspective of 24man warband play, keep that in mind.
I speak of all play. 6v6 isnt competitive enough anymore to warrent slotting 2h for trololo punt spam and u get the same punt while keeping 20%+ block along with being able to keep mixed defenses, chosens have been reduced to aruabot in all playstyles. Neither utility or dmg are there anymore to bother dropping the extra block/25%parry

Atm stat values from the trees are whack
2h brings nothing but gimpness at the expense of omgurd big sword

Easily fixable if they rework the tree
Till then i log on my oneorctankwall and whip out me big fumpa for a good ol tree hit combo!
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Ads
Celyt

Post#19 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:04 pm

They are infact fantastic, if you require a build and advice let me know

Redneckk8

Post#20 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:39 am

Even after reading how unviable they may be. I’d still like to see a quality build. Thinking of running a 2H set up on my chosen