Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] DPS questions

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
oldone

Re: [Zealot] DPS questions

Post#21 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:14 pm

Who cares what these losers think. This is an old dead game that only 1000 people in the world play, play whatever the hell you want.

Ads
drofnasb

Post#22 » Sat May 04, 2019 12:24 am

That is a good point!

Alfa1986

Post#23 » Sat May 04, 2019 2:33 pm

There is only one Range Dot, what else is a DD Zealot?)
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Kurama

Post#24 » Sat May 04, 2019 3:18 pm

OT before wanting to give RP/Zealot other abilities, first fix healing AM/Shaman.
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

Laurentz

Post#25 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:55 am

This is my best assessment after playing DPS Zealot/Runepriest and lamenting they *could* be damned fun to play with a little loving:

Both suffer from bad AP consumption and weak damage with occasional average burst. Low/med damage output can work if you can sustain it, but both barely can. Even in single target mode it is difficult keeping AP up when any healing is involved. We were meant to off-heal some too?! In the case of the AOE DPS Zealot, AP issues are crippling most of the time. AP regen gear doesn't work while channeling. The Zealot has a fun AOE combo depending on geometry, but use any of it and you are on fumes for the next several seconds. That is an eternity if you need to heal someone or melee DPS is on you. The Runey has good synergy with the single target trees and it can be fun using it to methodically break down a tankwall in open field combat. It kinda feels like a weak Thane from DAOC. However, the AOE line is frustratingly hard to employ and doesn't flow well with most combat. Stopping to cast usually puts you out of position and half the time whoever you gave Rune of Battle to runs out of combat...

4 simple tweaks would make them relevant, but not brokenly OP.

For both characters-
- *All of the channel abilities need to be 14 AP/sec* Stressing that without using all caps!
- It would be more practical to have the AP regen ground target in the middle tree instead of the first tree (which is the tree that needs it the least).

- Mirror of Madness being insta cast would give the Zealot's single target line useful synergy like the Runey's.
- If Rune of Battle was castable on the move you could finally use it in the ebb and flow of pushes or foray into melee range sometimes.

Goretreader

Post#26 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:05 am

oldone wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:14 pm Who cares what these losers think. This is an old dead game that only 1000 people in the world play, play whatever the hell you want.
Put this man on death row.

Vonotar

Post#27 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:37 am

Nidwin wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:56 am
drofnasb wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:24 pm Would you mind being a little more specific than just AP? Do you mean AP usage is the problem?
Yes. AP on dps Zealot is a pain.
Laurentz has tried everything but with always the same result. You often run out of AP before the end of your channeling abilities when you try to setup a rotation.
Zealot also doesn't have an AP tactic regen on dps, all are on healing.

INT isn't an issue as you can template with stuff that has both INT and Willpower and easily reach 1k INT (our Willpower).

WoI -> 120AP
CA -> 78 AP
SoR -> 120 AP

You don't regen AP while channeling and can't quaff a AP pot either.
Ritual of Innervation in the Alchemy tree might hypothetically solve the AP problem, assuming it can proc off channeling ticks. I've never tried it.
I would love to figure out a viable DPS spec for Zealots. I hate that such a wicked looking class has no serious DPS options. I've always loved the class, but I hate that there's no dedicated DPS tree. All three of them are damage and healing. Terrible design choice imo. Yet I play one faithfully. :roll:

Jastojan

Post#28 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:08 am

Vonotar wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:37 am
Nidwin wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:56 am
drofnasb wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:24 pm Would you mind being a little more specific than just AP? Do you mean AP usage is the problem?
Yes. AP on dps Zealot is a pain.
Laurentz has tried everything but with always the same result. You often run out of AP before the end of your channeling abilities when you try to setup a rotation.
Zealot also doesn't have an AP tactic regen on dps, all are on healing.

INT isn't an issue as you can template with stuff that has both INT and Willpower and easily reach 1k INT (our Willpower).

WoI -> 120AP
CA -> 78 AP
SoR -> 120 AP

You don't regen AP while channeling and can't quaff a AP pot either.
Ritual of Innervation in the Alchemy tree might hypothetically solve the AP problem, assuming it can proc off channeling ticks. I've never tried it.
I would love to figure out a viable DPS spec for Zealots. I hate that such a wicked looking class has no serious DPS options. I've always loved the class, but I hate that there's no dedicated DPS tree. All three of them are damage and healing. Terrible design choice imo. Yet I play one faithfully. :roll:
I agree. I have a 34 lvl zealot, but the trees are so damn terrible designed and boring. Whatever tree you choose it is not clear what you want to play. This is why I stopped playing him. I have 34 lvl DoK and 34 lvl Shaman - both are great when it comes to mastery trees. It looks like the the game has the zealot only to give the same numbers of classes on each side. This is why zealot is not so popular, you realy have to love it if you decide to play him seriously (or your team mate needs best single target healer and you have no choice).

Ads
Sulorie

Post#29 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:41 am

The trees are designed this way, because you can swap your stats and therefore use both dmg and heal spells. It wouldn't make sense to have all heal skills in one tree in this case. Sadly a lot dmg skills have to be specced and in heal spec you have no spare points.
Dying is no option.

Laurentz

Post#30 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:39 pm

AP regen rituals only proc on first use of a channeled ability. If they could change that to chance to proc on each second of channel and also allow AP regen items to work while channeling that would likely solve a lot of our problems.