Recent Topics

Ads

Chosen, is It boring?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kuj0jotar0

Chosen, is It boring?

Post#1 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:01 pm

So, i wanted to play a SnB tank that have good cc and support abilities, my initial idea was to play a chosen but when i started reading the class forum i noticed that a lot of ppl says that it is boring to play.

Is i true? if yes, what destro tank you suggest me to play?

Thanks

Ads
anarchypark

Re: Chosen, is It boring?

Post#2 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:42 pm

kuj0jotar0 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:01 pm a SnB tank that have good cc and support abilities,

you need to survive first in the sea of red and position yourself for good cc.
SnB chosen can easily survive from hazard zone.
surviving is your skill.
It could be little boring when there are not many threats.
but it's solved by searching for danger.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

notre

Post#3 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:54 pm

Hi,
Within the "Holy trinity" (heal/tank/dps), you have 3 difficulty levels.
Chosen isn't boring, it's "easy" wich is not the same thing.
Black orck it's "intermediate" and Black Guard "hard" for tanks.
For healers, you have zealot for "easy", shammy for "intermediate" and DoK for "hard".
(easy classes won't use a class mechanics)

If you don't have a clue gow to play a tank, Chosen is you tank.
8x -> Zealot
7x -> Magus, rSH, Sorcerer, Shammy Heal, mSH
6x -> Shammy dps
5x -> DoK , Wich Elf, Choppa, Chosen, BWizard
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

Lime

Post#4 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:10 pm

Snb Chosen is very good for warbands. 2h Chosen good for 6 man or SC. Morale pump with shield is strong in many situations as you get fast m4 for your group.

People always want Chosen cause you have great utility for the group with auras, quake, punt, guard, HTL, and knockdown.
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG

DanielWinner

Post#5 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:21 pm

notre wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:54 pm DoK for "hard".
Really?

I hope you meant SnB melee heal dok otherwise there is something you have missed.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

shaggyboomboom

Post#6 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:49 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:21 pm
notre wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:54 pm DoK for "hard".
Really?

I hope you meant SnB melee heal dok otherwise there is something you have missed.
Ye spamming group heal 4 times in row, running out of SE and then dying is easy. Try properly managing your essence and then talk xd

Tesq

Post#7 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:14 pm

Mah, atm prob is a bit in s+b

notre

Post#8 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:25 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:21 pm I hope you meant SnB melee heal dok otherwise there is something you have missed.
Is melee heal one of the roles of DoK?
Then yes, "hard" for DoK.

Yeah, you can always paly "safe" (<----see, "quotes") and play ranged, but for that you already have shammys and zealots.

How you play you healer is up to you. Zealots for example, you know, they can debuff or just simply spam heals, that doesn't make the class more or less hard or easy to play, but the skills set yes, so Dok and shammy are harder to play simply because they have mechanics and if you want to maximize your numbers you have to use it, and on that, DoK has the hardest mechanic since you to being able to CAST a skill requires essence (not AP) wich shammy doesn't need, and for that on ranged mode you only have on skill with CD (and you gonna spend a lot mor essence than you recover), so if you want to recover faster your essence you have to go melee.

So YES, Dok is harder to play.
8x -> Zealot
7x -> Magus, rSH, Sorcerer, Shammy Heal, mSH
6x -> Shammy dps
5x -> DoK , Wich Elf, Choppa, Chosen, BWizard
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

Ads
Penril

Post#9 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:38 pm

Just because dok/wp have a "hard" spec (melee heal) does not immediately make their other spec (backline) disappear. They still have it, it is WAY more effective than melee healing for pretty much every playstyle (only possible exception would be PvE) AND it is the easiest heal spec to play.

Not to mention Shaman/AM also have a lifetap heal spec which is probably harder than melee healing yet this guy conveniently ignores it. Shaman easier than Dok... lol, just lol. Also, i love how he types "YES" in capital letters, just to make his wrong opinion even funnier.

OT: SnB Chosen is boring and, last time i played it, was gutted to oblivion. It was better to play it as 2H and have a punt with a decent CD (not sure if that has been reverted, gonna guess it wasn't).

Zxul

Post#10 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:12 pm

Playing hybrid dps snb one, chosen is only boring if you spec one as a tank/htl bot.

Comparing playing one to my magus for example, apart from dots (which are applied by hitting 1-5 usually), I use on chosen the same number of active skills. And from other hand, on chosen I need to take more tactical decisions compared to magus.

You have spike- snare- dot- ToP- you really want to stick Suppressions here usually- taunt- Relentless/spammable ability. Then depends on class you are facing, you probably need to fit the Bane Shield somewhere in there as well.

Then you have 4 spammable abilities which you need to choose the correct one from, depends on target:
Cleave- physical dmg, ignores parry, high AP cost.
Ravage- spirit dmg, can be parried.
Relentless- physical dmg, can be parried, higher dps then Cleave and lower AP cost.
Enraged Blow- physical dmg, can be parried, low AP cost so easier to keep pressure but lower dmg as well.

The one which will be best vs wh in parry spec is not the one which will be best for wh which doesn't parries much, then it is not the same which will be best vs am solo, and then again it will not be the best as one vs am in zerg situation.

Then you have auras switching, since out of 3 only resist one is best in all pvp situations.

And then you have the cc, when and where to place Quake, where and who to punt, who to snare to get him off rdps, ets ets.

If chosen is boring when you ain't playing one right.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh