Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder is viable for a new player?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Mizar

Marauder is viable for a new player?

Post#1 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:15 pm

Hi, i am fresh cannon fodder and i want to play chaos :D i would try marauder but before create character i would like to know how is this class atm. All build i found are outdated and the link is broken.
I would like to level this character 80% pvp (bg and rvr at high tier) 20% quest, but for time matter i cannot play much as i will so usually i will log and play alone (i will seek for italian guild soon).

Did some one have information and a build to share?
thanks in advance

Ads
Reesh

Re: Marauder is viable for a new player?

Post#2 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:51 pm

It is the best mdps game has to offer, that works really well in every part of the game, be it small scale, scs or rvr.
You will figure out builds on your own whilst leveling. It is pretty straightforward.

Mizar

Post#3 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:58 pm

thanks for replay :D

TenTonHammer

Re: Marauder is worth now for solo play

Post#4 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:28 pm

Haha

Mara is the Swiss Army knife in this game, viable in every level of play from PVE to warband with multiple different viable builds without the drawbacks of being squishy like We or choppa or being so dam reliant on others to enable me like choppa

Let’s start with builds for situation by situation, and while mastery might change renown is basically unchanging: 3 levels of futile strikes and the rest into dodge disrupt, parry and crit hit chance

The first is pve grinding mobs for exp/quests one of the things you will need to deal with is wanting to clear out trash mobs fast, luckily Mara is one of the best farmers on destro

All you need is RoR.builders - Marauder

Subvert strength and morale 2 will constantly supply you with ap while you spam demolition to clear out mobs and constantly heal your self

Now let’s talk about the real stuff

RoR.builders - Marauder

This is the classic cookie cutter Mara single target build at lvl 40 rr 40 for small scale, scenarios, for duels, for doing dungeons and you can play in warbands with if you want as well

The most important you need are the ones chosen and the only thing you can really change out is brute force for say flanking or deeply impaled but you can’t really soft cap strength at 1080 with out it, deadly clutch is there for if your in an scenario and you don’t have enough heal debuffs and when you get high enough renown level later you want to get mutated aggressor

Draining swipes isn’t that great on its own so it’s not worth getting, UNLESS you play with a BG whose specd into choking fury in which case it becomes Avery strong combo ability so consider running it then

The next is
RoR.builders - Marauder

This is the classic Mara war band build all about spreading AoE, you can drop thunderous blow and cutting claw to get wrecking ball for more AoE and cruising blows tactic to drain orders morale in orvr

RoR.builders - Marauder

I’m not a fan of this build, simply cause with all the AoE you spam you take a tone of lash back damage from things like KOTBS on your guard aura

So I do something funky like this for orvr

RoR.builders - Marauder

It’s a dumb build but it’s fun for me cause it’s all about crits, between feeding on fear and deeply impaled you get 30% chance to crit, then between gear bonuses and set bonuses you can get like another 11% factor and on top of that factor in crit renown

If you can still do some AoE with wave of mutilation and wave of terror and ofc great fang M2 and later down the line if you prefer you can swap out points to get the AoE knockdown instead

And your single target is nice between your crit, and armor ignore between piercing bite and impale armor ignore and sniping people with wave of terror is funny

It’s no where near as effective compared to the “real” AoE build just because of how morale in king in open rvr and so draining morale with crushing blows is just massive

So yeah there’s tons of way to play Mara, I hope you find the build that works for you

Mizar

Re: Marauder is worth now for solo play

Post#5 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:39 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:28 pm Haha

Mara is the Swiss Army knife in this game, viable in every level of play from PVE to warband with multiple different viable builds without the drawbacks of being squishy like We or choppa or being so dam reliant on others to enable me like choppa

Let’s start with builds for situation by situation, and while mastery might change renown is basically unchanging: 3 levels of futile strikes and the rest into dodge disrupt, parry and crit hit chance

The first is pve grinding mobs for exp/quests one of the things you will need to deal with is wanting to clear out trash mobs fast, luckily Mara is one of the best farmers on destro

All you need is RoR.builders - Marauder

Subvert strength and morale 2 will constantly supply you with ap while you spam demolition to clear out mobs and constantly heal your self

Now let’s talk about the real stuff

RoR.builders - Marauder

This is the classic cookie cutter Mara single target build at lvl 40 rr 40 for small scale, scenarios, for duels, for doing dungeons and you can play in warbands with if you want as well

The most important you need are the ones chosen and the only thing you can really change out is brute force for say flanking or deeply impaled but you can’t really soft cap strength at 1080 with out it, deadly clutch is there for if your in an scenario and you don’t have enough heal debuffs and when you get high enough renown level later you want to get mutated aggressor

Draining swipes isn’t that great on its own so it’s not worth getting, UNLESS you play with a BG whose specd into choking fury in which case it becomes Avery strong combo ability so consider running it then

The next is
RoR.builders - Marauder

This is the classic Mara war band build all about spreading AoE, you can drop thunderous blow and cutting claw to get wrecking ball for more AoE and cruising blows tactic to drain orders morale in orvr

RoR.builders - Marauder

I’m not a fan of this build, simply cause with all the AoE you spam you take a tone of lash back damage from things like KOTBS on your guard aura

So I do something funky like this for orvr

RoR.builders - Marauder

It’s a dumb build but it’s fun for me cause it’s all about crits, between feeding on fear and deeply impaled you get 30% chance to crit, then between gear bonuses and set bonuses you can get like another 11% factor and on top of that factor in crit renown

If you can still do some AoE with wave of mutilation and wave of terror and ofc great fang M2 and later down the line if you prefer you can swap out points to get the AoE knockdown instead

And your single target is nice between your crit, and armor ignore between piercing bite and impale armor ignore and sniping people with wave of terror is funny

It’s no where near as effective compared to the “real” AoE build just because of how morale in king in open rvr and so draining morale with crushing blows is just massive

So yeah there’s tons of way to play Mara, I hope you find the build that works for you
You are the best thank you for all info ^^

Nickwahh5

Post#6 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:03 pm

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... mt=&t=5184

This shows up as incomplete. Do you have a good leveling build?

TenTonHammer

Post#7 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:37 pm

Nickwahh5 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:03 pm https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... mt=&t=5184

This shows up as incomplete. Do you have a good leveling build?
For leveling you just need demolition, subvert strength tactic and the ap morale to mass grind mobs, warped flesh if you want some damage reduction

Otherwise the single target spec works fine for that

Nickwahh5

Post#8 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:47 pm

How about a leveling up in RvR build? For T1 +

Ads
adamthelc

Post#9 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:13 pm

Nickwahh5 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:47 pm How about a leveling up in RvR build? For T1 +
Mastery doesnt make a huge difference in T1. Put your renown into str and or WS. You can either go Str/WS talismans or go armor and capitalize on gift of monstrosity. Having the only incoming HD in T1 is pretty cool, even if its 25%.

You can solo pretty well in T1 too.

larsulu
Suspended

Post#10 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:29 pm

Mizar wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:15 pm Hi, i am fresh cannon fodder and i want to play chaos :D i would try marauder but before create character i would like to know how is this class atm. All build i found are outdated and the link is broken.
I would like to level this character 80% pvp (bg and rvr at high tier) 20% quest, but for time matter i cannot play much as i will so usually i will log and play alone (i will seek for italian guild soon).

Did some one have information and a build to share?
thanks in advance
Ciao quando vuoi puoi possiamo parlarne in gioco, puoi cercarmi su decimo ( Mara ) oppure su larsulu ( zealot ).
Gilda Italiana ti consiglio I Guardian of destiny ( gruppo affiatato e molto attivo sia lato pve/pvp )
Ciao !
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok