Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder]

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Toggle

[Marauder]

Post#1 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:50 pm

I'm getting bored spending all my time healing on my Zealot, and lately all I see is Destro healers in SCs and WBs. Ran with a warband the other day that had 6 healers...and there were 8 people total. So, my question is, how complicated is Marauder to play? I know they're useful for pretty much everything, but I'm not interested in dancing between mutations. Is that required in order to play one well, or can you stick with one mutation and be alright? I only ask because this game is my relaxation, and I'm not looking to turn it into a second job. Thanks!
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: [Marauder]

Post#2 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:59 pm

If your not interested in using the mechanics of that class then you really shouldn’t play that class cause it doesn’t seem like it’s right for you

Yes you need to be able to shift between mutations to play a maurader well and to its full potential

Perhaps consider another dps like choppa, sorc, mag or melee herder

Toggle

Post#3 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:36 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:59 pm If your not interested in using the mechanics of that class then you really shouldn’t play that class cause it doesn’t seem like it’s right for you

Yes you need to be able to shift between mutations to play a maurader well and to its full potential

Perhaps consider another dps like choppa, sorc, mag or melee herder
I'll start off by saying that I appreciate your candor and the reply. It's not that I'm not interested in the mechanics of the class, I actually like the idea of actively swapping between specs/toolkits during battle to change skills. I played quite a bit of Engineer in GW2 for that very reason. That being said, I'm not the person I was then. I don't have the time to invest in learning the rotations, setting up the necessary addons/keybinds, and practicing constantly. That's why I asked the question the way I did. If they can be effective without all of the extra effort that that particular type of character design requires, I'd be all about giving them a try and dabbling with the mutation swapping when I had time to kill.

I also appreciate the suggestions for alternative dps classes. I've already sampled sorc, and it does decent damage. However, one of the other reasons I was interested in marauder is because of their ability to farm mobs at higher lvls for mats. That self heal they have in, I believe the monstrosity mutation, would making farming one heck of lot easier.

Thanks again for the information you provided.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:07 pm

Toggle wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:36 pm However, one of the other reasons I was interested in marauder is because of their ability to farm mobs at higher lvls for mats. That self heal they have in, I believe the monstrosity mutation, would making farming one heck of lot easier.

yeah for that mara is fine monstro stance, ap on crit tactic and ap m2

another 2 alternatives for that could be 2h chosen, i farm a lotta mats fast on him using heal aura + dreadful agony and rending blade to kill mobs in aoe and BO whose even easier i just use cant hit me along with stop hittin da runts tactic and da biggest bellow and all the mobs kill themselves from backlash damage

Toggle

Post#5 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:49 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:07 pm
Toggle wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:36 pm However, one of the other reasons I was interested in marauder is because of their ability to farm mobs at higher lvls for mats. That self heal they have in, I believe the monstrosity mutation, would making farming one heck of lot easier.

yeah for that mara is fine monstro stance, ap on crit tactic and ap m2

another 2 alternatives for that could be 2h chosen, i farm a lotta mats fast on him using heal aura + dreadful agony and rending blade to kill mobs in aoe and BO whose even easier i just use cant hit me along with stop hittin da runts tactic and da biggest bellow and all the mobs kill themselves from backlash damage
Thanks! I don't mind my Chosen so far, so it's good to know that there is a farming option with him. BO seems a little clunky to me, so I haven't really put any time into him. Always another option though.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

BeautfulToad

Post#6 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:38 am

You dont switch between mutations. Your build will largely determind which mutation you use.

Mara is a good option.

Reesh

Post#7 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:52 am

If you don't want to learn the class or do the stance swaps - then Mara is definitely not a class for you.

Pick a choppa or an sh - those are the easy to play picks.

toffikx

Post#8 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:06 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:38 am You dont switch between mutations. Your build will largely determind which mutation you use.

Mara is a good option.
For WB mara you will stay in monstro. For ST mara you will rotate between sava and brut stance.

Ads
Toggle

Post#9 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:46 pm

toffikx wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:06 am
BeautfulToad wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:38 am You dont switch between mutations. Your build will largely determind which mutation you use.

Mara is a good option.
For WB mara you will stay in monstro. For ST mara you will rotate between sava and brut stance.
So WB play is Monstrosity and SCs/Dungeons Savagery/Brutality? Doesn’t seem like there’s much swapping involved if that’s the case. Appreciate the input!
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Toggle

Post#10 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:48 pm

Reesh wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:52 am If you don't want to learn the class or do the stance swaps - then Mara is definitely not a class for you.

Pick a choppa or an sh - those are the easy to play picks.
Appreciate the input but you didn’t mention how they were able to farm at 40. Can they? If not, it’s not really what I’m looking for. Thanks anyways!
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]