Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] The dreaded 31...

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Toggle

[Zealot] The dreaded 31...

Post#1 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:39 pm

So, I’ve heard quite a bit about hitting 31 being a big turning point for a toon. Looking for a little advice regarding my Zealot as I’m about 3 bars from dinging 31. What do I need to know about the transition? Does anyone have advice they could offer me? Any and all input would be greatly appreciated!
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ads
Akilinus

Re: [Zealot] The dreaded 31...

Post#2 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:48 pm

Focus on staying alive instead of getting stats that improves your healing
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Detangler

Post#3 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:21 pm

It's not that bad for healers to hit 31. You just melt a little faster if attacked but you are still highly sought after for warband play.

Surf the zerg, join up w premades, and xp a little with a sorc and tank trio if you get bored and want to level fast. Just avoid scenarios other than the PUG one. You'll still do fine if you're half decent at healing - it's the whiner verbal abuse you'll have to endure sometimes when people want something to blame for the loss.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Haskr

Post#4 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:30 pm

If a solo roamer tries to gank you, press a button called 'Harbinger of DOOM', then you press the button 'Aethyric SHOCK' and finally you press the button 'MOUNT', and then you ride away from the evildoer.

If more people are involved I made this graphic to help you out, it shows were you should stay:

I hope it helps!

Toggle

Post#5 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:44 pm

Haskr wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:30 pm If a solo roamer tries to gank you, press a button called 'Harbinger of DOOM', then you press the button 'Aethyric SHOCK' and finally you press the button 'MOUNT', and then you ride away from the evildoer.

If more people are involved I made this graphic to help you out, it shows were you should stay:

I hope it helps!
So, is it worth redoing my trees just to get that one skill?
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

BeautfulToad

Post#6 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:05 pm

Healers are okay in SCs, but clearly the higher the level the more effective you will be.

adamthelc

Post#7 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:48 pm

Even though both sides in a vacuum are probably much better than other tiers, the tier as a whole is much less competitive.

There will be glaring mismatches, way more often, that your team wont be capable of overcoming. Dont get frustrated from losses like that.
Toggle wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:44 pm
Spoiler:
Haskr wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:30 pm If a solo roamer tries to gank you, press a button called 'Harbinger of DOOM', then you press the button 'Aethyric SHOCK' and finally you press the button 'MOUNT', and then you ride away from the evildoer.

I hope it helps!
At that level you probably want to have ritual of Innervation and Aethyric Shock. Mostly because nothing else is very good for healing. The exception is Tzeentch's grip, but the two previously mentioned abilities are better than that and the healing ritual. Which you would probably pick up if you went for the tactic. You have other tactics that are decent anyway, so I would say its better to go up Alchemy first and Dark Rites second.

Toggle

Post#8 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:13 am

adamthelc wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:48 pm Even though both sides in a vacuum are probably much better than other tiers, the tier as a whole is much less competitive.

There will be glaring mismatches, way more often, that your team wont be capable of overcoming. Dont get frustrated from losses like that.
Toggle wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:44 pm
Spoiler:

I hope it helps!
At that level you probably want to have ritual of Innervation and Aethyric Shock. Mostly because nothing else is very good for healing. The exception is Tzeentch's grip, but the two previously mentioned abilities are better than that and the healing ritual. Which you would probably pick up if you went for the tactic. You have other tactics that are decent anyway, so I would say its better to go up Alchemy first and Dark Rites second.
Appreciate it! I’ll go ahead a re-spec. I’d gone up the other tree for the healing based tactics originally as well as the AP on crit heal one.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ads
Toggle

Post#9 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:01 am

Detangler wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:21 pm It's not that bad for healers to hit 31. You just melt a little faster if attacked but you are still highly sought after for warband play.

Surf the zerg, join up w premades, and xp a little with a sorc and tank trio if you get bored and want to level fast. Just avoid scenarios other than the PUG one. You'll still do fine if you're half decent at healing - it's the whiner verbal abuse you'll have to endure sometimes when people want something to blame for the loss.
So, what would a dps need to do at 31 then? Just rush to 40 and go in with some PvE gear like Ruin?
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Detangler

Post#10 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:51 am

Toggle wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:01 am
Detangler wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:21 pm It's not that bad for healers to hit 31. You just melt a little faster if attacked but you are still highly sought after for warband play.

So, what would a dps need to do at 31 then? Just rush to 40 and go in with some PvE gear like Ruin?
I have yet to level a dps class to 40. I'd probably orvr to 31/40 or as close as possible, and then xp grind with a healer if possible. I honestly don't think the 31-40 levels are as bad as everyone makes them out to be. PUG warns are always an option if you despise PvE.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable