Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Basic Single Target + AOE specs with basic rotations.

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Psychopski
Suspended

[Magus] Basic Single Target + AOE specs with basic rotations.

Post#1 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:33 pm

New 40 Magus here. Looking for basic single target spec with base line attack rotation. The same for AOE(non rift) with basic rotation. I'm fairly certain I dont have the gear/stats set up for a Rift build still being in Annihilator.

Also some good spell rotations versus a single melee that's on top of me. Is Perils/disarm working and worth training?

If you have a disagreement with another person on builds please debate elsewhere. Several "new Magus asking for advice" posts I searched on this forum are ruined by epeen contests with players derailing and ruining the thread arguing with each other over whose build is best.

One last thing(edited in after post), if anyone has any suggestions for solid single target and AOE builds for Dungeons along with the rotation for each i'd appreciate any input.

Thanks
Last edited by Psychopski on Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: [Magus] Basic Single Target + AOE specs with basic rotations.

Post#2 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:43 pm

well.....somethings wrong with the career builder right now so i cant link builds but heres a helpful video on burst rotations for single target

Click here to watch on YouTube

If your soloing you should consider getting rift because its good as an anti kiting tool and functions as an interrupt
Last edited by TenTonHammer on Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:45 pm

That video (one of mine) is a bit outdated: Mutating Blue Fire is now a 2-second cast, and as such it replaces Perils in the rotation. You should only use Perils if Mutating Blue Fire is on cooldown - and even then I would recommend not doing it, unless you can afford to blow the immunities (Disarm = no KD or silence on the target). I would also recommend that you swap the Changing Range tactic for either Withered Soul tactic, or instaspawn pet: Endless Knowledge, Chaos Unleashed, Surging Power will be your go-to tactics, and the last will fluctuate - depending on the situation.

Psychopski
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:07 pm

Thanks all for taking the time to reply.

I've previously viewed the video on YouTube but as with most Magus info here and elsewhere, it's all out of date. I hope you can update with a new video showing latest and greatest rotations and builds for Magus!

I will edit and add this to the main post, what about a good single target dungeon crawl build along with an AOE dungeon build(if that's a thing in WAR). I'm thinking something with the AP return tactic(Devour Energy) and...? Are the "less hate" tactics required for dungeons/PVE for end game?

What's the general strat/rotation of abilities when you get a MDPS on top of you. Of course positioning and situational awareness should keep this from happening, none the less it does happen so what then? Explode pet(Instability), snare(Daemonic Maw), knock back then kite? Is the disarm ability effective and worth the 1 second cast time? Or should I go to the tree that has Aegis or Orange flame and pop that for increased durability? How would you deal with melee on you in a single target build as well as with an AOE build?

Thanks again.

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:03 pm

The standard Havoc/Change spec has more than enough AoE to suffice for current tier of dungeons: a nice high rr spec will allow you to purchase Firstorm from Changing which, when used in conjunction with your AoE dots, will do nice AoE pressure.

If an MDPS gets on top of you, you should actually try to stagger him over KD, but that is if your intent is to run away from him and survive In standard ST or AoE spec, you'll want to Stagger (use Disarm if melee, and KD if multiple enemies), Snare, and then Knockback.

If you intend to go toe-to-toe, you will want to go Daemonology Defensive spec, which includes Aegis, Toughness Tactic, Warped Flesh, and AP tactic (last either Endless Knowledge or something else). If you intend to fight them, you don't want to use your KD unless you absolutely have to, as losing vital stacks can be a death sentence. It's much better to Disarm, Snare, Knockback, and then Bolt of Change/normal rotation.

The Daemonology Defensive spec takes Bolt of Change and Perils of the Warp from Havoc, and the rest of your points go into Daemonology (I go up to Rift).

Psychopski
Suspended

Post#6 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:23 pm

Good info on Single Target build. How about an AOE RVR and/or AOE fortress build? I'm assuming an AOE RVR build and being really mobile might be different than AOE builds for Fortress static defense or attack/siege build?