Recent Topics

Ads

Mara mutations

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
larsulu
Suspended

Mara mutations

Post#1 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:25 am

Hi,
I would know why you removed mutations procs on toss axe.

Thank you
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ads
marisco

Re: Mara mutations

Post#2 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:28 am

Well, if we're being honest here... throwing an axe at someone is not the same as hitting him in the face with your lobster arm. Don't see why it should proc in the first place.

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:52 am

Yeah marisco’s reasoning is actually pretty close to the truth for why Azareal made the change and his reasoning is sound to me

Went all the way back through a real dumpster of a thread to find it:
Azarael wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:51 pm
SilverWF wrote:
Azarael wrote:Nope, the tooltip takes priority.

There is nothing about MELEE ONLY attacks in the tooltip
Please, turn back mutations procs for axe throw.
And
Just proove your words.
Nope. And do you know why?

Because moving Mutation and melee weapon intrinsic procs from the ranged attack was an intentional change on my part. I at no point ever stated or will state that this is in accordance with what Mythic wanted. Whereas you, on the other hand, are attempting to claim that something that is totally imbalanced (and isn't in accordance with the tooltip) is correct and functioning as intended.

There's no hypocrisy and nothing to defend. Sure, you can say that I'm wrong to do that (and perhaps the community will overrule me) but posting that in no way changes the fact that you're talking crap.

For those who are wondering: when implementing the Mutation procs I was shown a video of a Marauder killing a SW with only the mutation and weapon procs coming off a thrown axe. This, combined with the complete lack of sense in a thrown axe inflicting the effect obviously associated with a strike from the arm (or the blade holding the enchantment) is why Marauder and melee procs check for a melee attack. Otherwise, I'd like my Blade Enchantments to proc from a thrown axe too, please.

tazdingo

Post#4 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:10 am

az failed to mention that said fight was about the pw2 gear procs on live and not the mutation procs at all. i was in the mythic thread when that video was posted it was all about how busted the mdps def set proc was

Akalukz

Post#5 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:38 pm

do other things proc off axe throw that are specific to their class? (not weapon procs) I would think a weapon proc would have a chance to proc anytime the weapon is used.
-= Agony =-