Recent Topics

Ads

[marauder]st questions

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
gobbohammer

[marauder]st questions

Post#1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:23 pm

hi i just reached lvl 60 and have some questions about the st spec...

1- what debuffs should i apply first on the target before changing to brut for the kill?

2-renown wise where should i put my points? i know i have to lower crit chance on me, but what after?

3-tactics? is feeding on fear worth? current im using brute force, piercing talon, feeding on fear and crit damage one

4-Is it worth to change to monstro to try to survive other mdps burst window like wl and wh??

thats all ty for the advices guys!

Ads
Akalukz

Re: [marauder]st questions

Post#2 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:45 pm

Thunderous blow you should try to keep up as much as possible.

I usually run Deadly Clutch, Piercing bite, Growing Instability, and brute strength. But I run solo a lot, in groups, I would drop DC and Brute Strenght, and pick up FoF and whatever it is you are doing, big rvr or small group would determine the last tactic.

I don't personally switch the Monstro very often, but again i am mostly solo or skimming the edges of the zerg. Not sure on RR points, everyone has an opinion, i am sure others will have better advice than I do :)
-= Agony =-

wildwindblows

Post#3 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:56 pm

You should give your stats to futile strikes at least 2 point for decrease change to be critically hit if u are using schtying talon tactic. If u are not using st tactic give 3 point to fs. After than, crit change and str. U can also give parry and dodge remaining stats. Sav/brut mara has no knockdown skill so it is hard for solo. WH and WL can easily kill you. If u want solo play we,wl or wh.

ahorts

Post#4 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:25 am

1- Thunderous blow, tainted claw (if there are healers), cutting claw, draining swipes (if you took it).
2- Get your chance to be crit to 0 with futile strikes, then spend the rest on melee crit.
3- Feeding on fear, growing instability, piercing bite and then either brute force or deadly clutch
4- Yes, detaunt as much as you can and switch to mostro for the proc until you can go on the offensive again.
Vrede

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:14 pm

What none of you guys want deft defender or parry on your Mara?

ahorts

Post#6 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:18 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:14 pm What none of you guys want deft defender or parry on your Mara?
Well, I also got 1 level on each of them, but after lowering my chance to be crit I'd rather spend the rest on melee crit to be able to do more damage.
Vrede

wildwindblows

Post#7 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:40 pm

If u want to go solo give 2 point fs and take schyting talon tactic. Other tactics bf,fof and gi. U can replace st tactic to tc if heal db needed. Other stats fll crit, 3 point parry, 3 point def defender. Forget str stats, your damage comes from crit. BUT mara is not proper for solo. Especially, devs decreace tb wound db and cc armor db to 1k from 1.5k.

ahorts

Post#8 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:23 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:40 pm If u want to go solo give 2 point fs and take schyting talon tactic. Other tactics bf,fof and gi. U can replace st tactic to tc if heal db needed. Other stats fll crit, 3 point parry, 3 point def defender. Forget str stats, your damage comes from crit. BUT mara is not proper for solo. Especially, devs decreace tb wound db and cc armor db to 1k from 1.5k.
Hold up, cutting claw's armor debuff doesn't match the tooltip? Mine does.
Vrede

Ads
wildwindblows

Post#9 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:26 pm

Yep because these skills were nerfed by devs.

ahorts

Post#10 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:01 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:26 pm Yep because these skills were nerfed by devs.
Weird then, because with thunderous blow and draining swipes I can see the difference between the tooltip and the effect on the target, but cutting claw shows exactly the same number.
Vrede