Recent Topics

Ads

Weak hits with mara

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TenTonHammer

Re: Weak hits with mara

Post#71 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:07 pm

larsulu wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:58 pm All those maras quit the game and simtex plays dok dps.
And you know why ?
Because Mara get hard nerfed without any reasons.
or maybe its because they got invader and there is not much else left to do in the current state or the server?

Ads
larsulu
Suspended

Post#72 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:25 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:07 pm
larsulu wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:58 pm All those maras quit the game and simtex plays dok dps.
And you know why ?
or maybe its because they got invader and there is not much else left to do in the current state or the server?
Invader is the wrong set for Mara. In every builds and aspects
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

TenTonHammer

Post#73 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:09 pm

larsulu wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:25 pm
And you know why ?

ofc the best is to mix sets but none the less my points stands they got bis combo and stopped playing becuase theres not much left to do in the current state of the server

ziomek

Post#74 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:52 pm

larsulu wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:58 pm
ziomek wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:56 am
adamska2 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:29 am Mara suxx, only good in wb plays now, and decent in def tard regen solo roam !

But sav/brut nope he sux now, wl is far better
only sucks when a mediocre player like yourself is on it. stick to ezmode classes and let good players, like theoddone simtex nyky khorlar, play marauder.
All those maras quit the game and simtex plays dok dps.
And you know why ?
they run dps dok to counter immense pressure from order comps, actually; mara is still the perfect mdps when used properly, within a unit who can survive well and not get killed in 3 GCDs (hence the dps doks).

ppl actually saying mara dps is bad have no **** clue lmao.

wildwindblows

Post#75 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:56 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:09 pm

ofc the best is to mix sets but none the less my points stands they got bis combo and stopped playing becuase theres not much left to do in the current state of the server
Imo oppressor set is the best set for mara. Mara has no damage compared to other dps classes inculade dps tank and dps healers atm and he has to survive.

TenTonHammer

Post#76 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:03 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:56 pm

Imo oppressor set is the best set for mara. Mara has no damage compared to other dps classes inculade dps tank and dps healers atm and he has to survive.

Perhaps you should stop thinking of everything in the context of 1v1 like your comparing apples to apples where all dps and dps healers and dps tanks are on the same field so you can just compare them all to each other, their not

instead consider what Mara brings to the table relative to to the other dps

On live testing was done that showed that Mara does 30% less dmg than a choppa running red

Ok

but in exchange Mara is no where near as fragile and provides far more group utility

larsulu
Suspended

Post#77 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:04 pm

Maybe you missed the main point: they quit cuz unknowable classees changes.
Especially on Mara.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

larsulu
Suspended

Post#78 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:11 pm

And tbf the 6v6/ small scale meta has changed and Mara is totally out of this league when you got the burst from dok dps, high burst/mobility from sh melee or we + morale dumb.
Mara is still top mdps but devs made lots of changes which made for some reasons mara a bit weaker compared to others mdps.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#79 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:18 pm

larsulu wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:11 pm And tbf the 6v6/ small scale meta has changed and Mara is totally out of this league when you got the burst from dok dps, high burst/mobility from sh melee or we + morale dumb.
Mara is still top mdps but devs made lots of changes which made for some reasons mara a bit weaker compared to others mdps.
I agree that maras place in the 6v6 comp meta has shifted with the changes to other classes which I don’t mind personally tbt I don’t like the idea of “there is a best option” but the reality is that there always will be a “best option” some class will always be on top like for example KOTBS/Chosen has always been the best main tank

The thing that matter is how large the power gap is between the best option and the 2nd 3rd etc

Imho I don’t feel that the viability gap between Mara and other option is that large at all

TenTonHammer

Post#80 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:18 pm

larsulu wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:11 pm And tbf the 6v6/ small scale meta has changed and Mara is totally out of this league when you got the burst from dok dps, high burst/mobility from sh melee or we + morale dumb.
I agree that maras place in the 6v6 comp meta has shifted with the changes to other classes which I don’t mind personally tbt I don’t like the idea of “there is a best option” but the reality is that there always will be a “best option” some class will always be on top like for example KOTBS/Chosen has always been the best main tank

The thing that matter is how large the power gap is between the best option and the 2nd 3rd etc

Imho I don’t feel that the viability gap between Mara and other option is that large at all